Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Where do you apply your daily sunscreen?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: Where do you apply your sunscreen?

Face and Neck Only
68%
 68%  [ 20 ]
Beauty Spots - Face, Neck, Chest, Shoulders, Hands Etc.
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Only all areas not covered with clothing
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
ALL OVER - Head to Toe
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 29

BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Not for days that you spend outside all day and use a lot more, but for general daily use of sunscreen. Where do you apply it and how thick do you apply it? I found a nice natural mineral sunscreen moisturizer, but it would get really expensive if I used it all over everyday.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I used to only apply to my face and neck. Then one day, I was noticing that the skin on my chest was not very nice looking -- freckled, different tones, etc. I started applying my unloved sunscreens to my chest and hands at that point... truly, in about a month's time, I noticed the skin appeared more even colored (shades of pale!) and in better shape. Now with updo time starting with warmer weather, I have to remember to apply to the back of my neck, too.
babybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I apply my daily sunscreen to my face and neck only. This thread has reminded me that I should protect all sun-exposed areas! Although I spend most of the workweek in the office, I'm sure that driving those commutes to and from work leaves me vulnerable to the harmful effects of the sun!

**Note to self: should look into tinting my car windows!** Think
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
i only apply a thin layer on my face and neck. but if its hot, i can apply more.
sunscreen is very expensive tho, even indoors when the sun's shining in u might have to use sunscreen!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I read in a popular beauty magazine the rule for application is liberal and evenly which equates to a tsp on the face and neck. Most people put too little on which won't protect you. Heres a good info page on sun protection.
http://www.cosmeticscop.com/learn/sun.asp?ID=163
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I voted for the "beauty spots". I use one sunscreen for my face (Remergent) and then another (La Roche-Posay) for my neck/chest/arms/hands ... basically any where that will not be covered by clothing during the day. I never remember to apply to my feet though ... even in summer sandle weather. I suppose I should as well.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I apply ss on face and neck, as well as hands. In summer time I would apply to the back of my feet too - to avoid an even tan from the sandal straps.
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
If it's a day that I know I will be indoors, I skip it since I wear MMU & a primer that contains zinc oxide & titanium dioxide.

If I know I will be outside, but just in limited amounts, I apply a 15 spf product to face, neck, chest, & hands.

If I know I will be outside more, I apply a 30 spf product to all exposed areas.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I apply all over my face and neck if I remember. I sometimes use a body lotion with spf15 on my arms and legs that will be exposed.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
face and neck...and tops of hands when i remember

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
EVERYWHERE THAT IS NOT PROTECTED EVEN UNDER THIN T-SHIRTS BECAUSE THE RAYS CAN STILL GET THROUGH!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Anywhere that will be exposed to the sun...
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I liberally apply sunscreens that are too greasy for my face (like DDF or La Roche Posay) to my neck and the upper half of my chest if it's exposed at all by the shirt I'm wearing. I always, always sunscreen on my face. I mainly started putting sun protection on my neck and chest so that they wouldn't tan and be a different color from my face

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
I apply it on my face, neck, hands, and the lobes of my ears. I know the last one sounds funny, but my skin gets very fragile without sun protection. It just helps my earrings from tearing the pierced part. Sad
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Only all areas not covered with clothing
but my face and body use different sunblock!
snowie_bunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Face and neck most of the time. Sometimes I put some on my hand.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Face and neck everyday.
Sometimes on hands too.
nodouble
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Face and Neck Only. I am afraid of the feeling of oily. The sunscreen is usually greasy Crying or Very sad
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 4:48 am      Reply with quote
I apply wherever the sun might hit. I'm go heavy on the chest and neck where I tend to get discoloration from the sun.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Face and Neck Only Smile
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 5:46 am      Reply with quote
I used to only just applied it my face, but recently I've started to apply it to my face, neck and arms.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Face, neck and arms daily.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |