Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Kate Somerville Deep Tissue Repair - amazing!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
First of all, I have no idea what Peptide K8 is. Can anyone explain what it is?

I this product!

This cream felt very light, in fact, like a lotion. I don't have the full size, my review is based from a sample, so I cannot tell you if the packaging is the same as KIAJ.

I applied it on at night and there is no cooling or tingle feeling to it. In fact, it did not feel moisturizing to me but maybe someone with oily skin would not agree with me. The look of my skin when first applied was matt. No dewy sheen look. When I woke up, I looked in the mirror and my face looked even toned and normal. No oily patch on my nose! That was surprising to see.

I've only used this for almost a whole week and over time, I found that the little red veins (around my nose) that I have was fading. I think the red veins would come back by night time but when reapplied again before I went to bed, the next day, they have faded almost completely. I would have to say that each morning, it looked better and better. Very Happy And my skin looked a bit calm but I don't think it can take any redness away from any breakouts. Maybe if you use it on long term basis, maybe Deep Tissue can do that.

The scent of this cream was very light and fruity. I am experiencing allergies right now and I am happy to say that it did not bother my eyes & nose and was a bit hard to detect the scent.

Another good news, no breakouts from this cream! Dancing
I think it is worth a try so you can see for yourself. And I think this cream is mainly to repair your skin if you have any problems with it.

I can't wait for EDS to sell this because I do plan to purchase full size. Thank you so much Casper for getting Kate Sumerville for us!
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare

I can't seem to find Kate Somerville products in EDS. I assume this is one of Kate's products?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Casper posted that EDS will sell it within a week. I can't wait!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
sounds like a great product! I would love to try it - hopefully eds will get samples of it.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 11, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
Casper posted that EDS will sell it within a week. I can't wait!

Thanks. Didn't see the post. I checked the day spa order page and couldn't find it. I hope they have some samples.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 4:38 am      Reply with quote
Skincare, the deep tissue repair comes in the same type of jar as KIAJ with the pump.
It is very hygienic and easy to use.

It's great that you are seeing results. I personally don't know if I would repurchase, I have yet to see anything happen with my skin.
Please keep us updated!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 5:52 am      Reply with quote
mishie wrote:
Skincare, the deep tissue repair comes in the same type of jar as KIAJ with the pump.
It is very hygienic and easy to use.

It's great that you are seeing results. I personally don't know if I would repurchase, I have yet to see anything happen with my skin.
Please keep us updated!

Hi mishie - what kind of result were you hoping for, specifically, that you didnt get? did you get an evening of skin tone as Skincare did?

Interesting product, thanks for the review. I'm not familiar at all with this line.
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi Katski, the KS website states this about the product,
"It instantly softens & strengthens skin, promoting a supple & velvety complexion. Watch surface lines & wrinkles lift away as this proprietary formulation, blending Peptide K8 with collagen builders, penetrates deeply to encourage cellular repair & reverse damage. Promote collagen & elasticity with this wonder in anti-aging….and witness an undeniable transformation to firmer, radiant, younger-looking skin."

I am also using their 'Quench" serum before and have yet to see anything out of the ordinary in the hydration department or any softening of the complexion.

I guess I thought this might be different than all the other products I have used but unfortunately it is not.

The price point with the Cad exchange rate and duty put this at a $200 jar of cream!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I sympathise, mishie. Wink I really do.

Thanks for the extra info, too. It's good to see an expensive lemming die!
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Catski I think I will stick to a $7.00 jar of Nivea cream and call it a day!!
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I have tried tons of stuff after reading about them on EDS. A lot of it was nice, but never OMG! I do think that a lot of it is that I don't have that many issues...no pigmentation, wrinkles, etc. Up until now, the biggest change I had seen was when I started using Vit C serum.

A couple of months ago, I came across my KS samples. My face was broken out, oily, and very red and sensitive. No lie, within a week of using my KS samples, my face completely changed! It is less oily, the color is more even and no more redness and I haven't broken out in the last two months!

I have been using the Deep Tissue Repair at night and the Goat Cream Moisturizer in the morning when I saw these changes (also the KiaJ). I have since bought fullsized products. I also purchased the antioxidant serum. I believe the Deep Tissue Repair is the cornerstone of my new regime.

So, don't give up hope, your HG product may be just around the corner!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
So this cream can reduce the redness? That's exciting - I will try to get my hands on some samples first, hopfully.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
This looks interesting - ingredients listing please?
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 12, 2007 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
This is one product I wont be lemming after seeing the price tag Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 4:40 am      Reply with quote
iaimei unfortunately the Deep Tissue Repair has not done anything for my redness after 3 weeks.
Definitely get some samples, hopefully you will have success with it.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I would say that the only redness that is going is away has to do with the tiny red veins I get around my nose. It is unbelievable how they disappear and does not hurt compared to IPL Facials! Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Just to clarify, skincare, is this a product of Kate Somerville?
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it is Kate Sumerville. Here is an attachment.

http://www.katesomerville.com/main.htm
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
is this product just doing wonders on reddness? Or aging? It sounds like an anti-aging product, which of course I am always looking for, but I am confused on this one...any help
nodouble
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
sounds like a great product! I would love to try it - hopefully eds will get samples of it.

ye, me too Laughing
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 9:40 am      Reply with quote
And does anyone know what Peptide K8 is?
How does it differ from the one/s in matrixyl/3000?
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 10:42 am      Reply with quote
K8 = Kate, I would imagine!
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
ohhh, clever!

liz

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
You've got me really curious about this product...I am waiting patiently until EDS carries the KS line!!!
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
This one costs $150 a jar at the KS web site. Too expensive! Confused
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |