Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Dr. H. Rejuvenating Mask or Dermalogica Multivitamin Power?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:25 am      Reply with quote
Help!!

I have read so many positive reviews on both of these masks, but can only afford to buy one now (the other later). Wink

Which should I go for first? Confused

I have combination sensitive skin. Oily t-zone and normal/dry cheeks.

Thanks!
BoomBoom
5% products discount

Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Whitelotus,

I would definitely recommend Dermalogica Multi Vitamin REcovery mask, trust me,, get this one, because it is simply the best thing for your skin, you can feel the soothing effect the instant you put it on your face, you won't be disappointed!! Very Happy
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely love the Dermalogica mas; my skin positively glows afterwards (and during as well, considering it's bright yellow). But I was told to avoid putting it on areas with breakouts, because it contains oil.
Mabsy

Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Tough call! Both masks are very good. I think the Dr H one feels a bit more soothing (could be just me) plus you can have it on for hours if you so wish. You can also use a tiny bit of it overnight as a cream. Personally I'd go with the Dr H one, but I will be buying the Dermalogica again at some stage as well.
BoomBoom
5% products discount

Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
I use the dermalogica multivitamin masque even on my breakout spots, haha probably because i'm lazy and i just want something to cover up the tiny little ugly red spots, but i have been putting the mask even on my pimples and they don't seem to react badly, in fact, they heal much quicker than before, so i think the oil in the masque are good oil,, i did not even know it contains oil in the first place that's why i didnt avoid putting on the sensitive spots, but i guess it works find and it's great!
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Wow!!! Thank you everyone for your responses. Very Happy

I have chosen to purchase the Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Recovery mask, BUT after reading Mabsy's comments, I am VERY tempted to splurge for the Dr. H mask also. Especially since Dr. H's mask can be worn overnight.

*sigh* There goes my next paycheck. Rolling Eyes
k.a.t.
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi WhiteLotus,
I too have sensitive skin, and I love all three of Dr. H's masks.

If you have time, and a bit of you paycheck left Wink, try a short steam followed by a clay mask on your oily T-zone, then a moisturizing mask on your entire face. You'll be glowing!

kat
RoseAnn
5% products discount

Sat Jul 24, 2004 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Sorry for butting in on this. I just ordered Dr. H. Clarifying mask. I hope this helps with the pimples and large pores on my nose. I’m so dispirit to find a solution to this problem and being over forty and the problem still arising. Call me crazy but my nose still thinks it’s in its teen years. WOW if only the rest of the face and body would. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2004 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, I have a confession to make...I admit it.....I broke down and bought the Dr. H Rejuvenating Mask, too. I hope my wallet recovers from this. Embarassed Laughing

So I now have both masks. Smile

I am a bit miffed that I broke out in teeny tiny zits in my t-zone. Mad However, I hope that it's just due to the deep down nasty stuff coming up to the surface.

Unfortunately, I still have my blackheads in my t-zone and am wondering if there isn't anything else I can use to deal with those? Question

k.a.t.: Thank you for the suggestion. Very Happy
Colleen
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Regarding your blackheads, I'm dealing with the same problem and looking for a product also. I use a 2% BHA gel everyday morning and just after I wash before my moisturizer. There are many out there, the key is to look for one that has a PH between 2 -4 otherwise the BHA doesn't work. I use Serious Skin Care Clarigying treatment - it doesn't make my skin read or dry or peel. But I've been using it for a few weeks and I have less blackheads on my nose. I do think it's working b/c I used to have one very stubborn one that I tried to get out for ages (tweezerman tool) and then one day it just popped out.

I've also read that Jan Marini's Bioclear is great for this. A lot of people really rave about it. But people also report that it is very strong, to start of using it 2 -3 times a week, it can cause redness and peeling, so I'm hesitant to try it. I want the blackheads gone, but not at the expense of the rest of my face!!!
Mabsy

Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:28 am      Reply with quote
I would suggest you try Dr H Cleansing Cream for blackheads. I know that this seems like an unlikely product choice for managing blackheads but it works really well for me. I use it twice daily though. When I tried it I really didn't have the tiniest expectation that it would deal with blackheads, but after a few weeks of daily use I looked in the mirror and realised that my nose is nice and clear! I also do use Decleor Essential Balm, but only for a few nights a month.

Btw, just a warning, I did have a bit of a breakout when I started using the cleansing cream.

Mabsy
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Colleen: Where can I find Serious Skin Care Clarifying Treatment on-line? I would like to do a little more research on this product as I feel the BioClear might be too strong for me.

Mabsy: Thank you. I'll swing by Sephora this weekend and get a sample to try out. The Decleor Essential Balm looks intriguing, too. I'll see if I can get a sample of that as well. Rolling Eyes BTW, why do you only use the Essential Balm for a few nights a month and not every night? Question
Colleen
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteLotus, Here is he link to their site. It's also sold on the Home shopping Network.

Hope it works for you!

http://www.seriousskincare.com/latest/the_cart.asp?compid=14&tid=110
WhiteLotus
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Colleen. I'll check it out this weekend.

BTW, have a great weekend everyone!!
Mabsy

Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:31 am      Reply with quote
WhiteLotus - I only use it for a few nights for two reasons; (a) I have too many products I like Laughing and (b) someone posted a while ago that they read (or were told, I can't quite remember) that this is a maintenace type product that you should not use continually. I also don't know if it is moisturising enough by itself to be used every night (though it does seem like it).

Mabsy
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
does the rejuvenating mask cause breakouts as a process for eliminating impurities? i know that the Dr. H cream cleanser does...so wondering if the rejuvenating mask does that as well
Mabsy

Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:54 am      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
does the rejuvenating mask cause breakouts as a process for eliminating impurities? i know that the Dr. H cream cleanser does...so wondering if the rejuvenating mask does that as well

Well, I was quite surprised to hear that it caused breakouts on some but I think the people concerned had acne-prone skin. I don't think it is supposed to eliminate any impurities and it ceratinly isn't a deep cleansing mask.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely love the Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Recovery Mask, and I always leave it on over night. My experience is great. When I wake up in the morning, it's totally absorbed and leaves my skin plumper, with more elasticity. Surprised
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:30 am      Reply with quote
just ordered the rejuvenating mask Very Happy
Cant wait for it to come Cool
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |