Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Best exfoliating product that evens out skin tone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Shampoo

Sun May 13, 2007 5:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. Im looking from a product that exfoliates my skin but also evens out skin tone for daily use. Im 21, have a lightbrown skin and suffer from hyperpigmented spots. Im already interested in Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant and Epidermx II Microdermabrasion Pro-treatment, but there are a lot of other products that peel and deal with hyperpigmentation. Im interested in what product(s) you recommend
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 5:41 am      Reply with quote
Welcome to the board. Since we're the same age and I've used both Microfoliant and Epidermx II (using EII at the moment) I'd have to say I HATED Microfoliant. Not sure what skintype you have but Microfoliant totally dried my skin out and caused more bumps (due to the dry flaky skin oil was trapped under my skin more easily). If you only want to lighten pigmentation I'd suggest chemical exfoliation like Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel or if you want daily exfoliation some like IS Clinical Active or Jan Marini Bioclear rather than a manual scrub.

HTH
Shampoo

Sun May 13, 2007 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanx sormuimui. I'll look into those products
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
Welcome to the board. Since we're the same age and I've used both Microfoliant and Epidermx II (using EII at the moment) I'd have to say I HATED Microfoliant. Not sure what skintype you have but Microfoliant totally dried my skin out and caused more bumps (due to the dry flaky skin oil was trapped under my skin more easily). If you only want to lighten pigmentation I'd suggest chemical exfoliation like Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel or if you want daily exfoliation some like IS Clinical Active or Jan Marini Bioclear rather than a manual scrub.

HTH

I agree with sormuimui on Microfoliant. It was awful on my skin. It totally dried it out and my skin ended up really irritated and I only used it once or twice a week! To lighten pigmentation, I'd suggest AHA rather than a manual scrub. I haven't tried IS Clinical Active Serum nor Jan Marini Bioclear Lotion myself, but I've been using Cellular Skin Rx Age-Limit Advanced Refinishing Serum for a couple of weeks now and so far there hasn't been any problems. It's too soon to see any improvement, but since my skin is so sensitive as long as a product doesn't cause irritations I'm rather happy. Smile I've also been using Pevonia Enzymo-Spheride Peeling Cream and it's a rather nice product as well. It's received great reviews on EDS, so it's definitely worth looking into it. As for Epidermx II, it's just wayyyy to scratchy on my skin. I really couldn't stand using it.

Sun May 13, 2007 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I think I need an AHA product that I can apply on a very specific area. So its gotta be something in gel-like form. Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel seems to have the requered properties but some people say it isnt that effective. Does anyone know similar AHA-products that are effective in fighting hyperpigmentation and promoting skin renewal?
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
If you're looking for a spot treatment type product many on the board rave about Remergent's Clarifying Concentrate. You will find reviews and posts if you do a search on it.
Shampoo

Sun May 13, 2007 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Thnx Ill check it out
lil_miss_skincare
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Mandelic acid is very good at addressing these concerns.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
i use dr.h cleaning cream.
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 6:44 am      Reply with quote
Fresh sugar polish.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 9:10 am      Reply with quote
lil_miss_skincare wrote:
Mandelic acid is very good at addressing these concerns.

I second the vote for mandelic acid.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
i've used the microfiliant, it is a daily exfoliant that is very gentle so it can be used daily. As far as taking away hyperpigmentation... didn't really help me all that much

5% products discount

Mon May 14, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
I found the IS clinical active serum effective, but it aggravated my eczema and I had to stop using it. I was also using the hydra cool and the super serum. I was happy that some post pimple red marks faded, but the eczema patches on my chin flared up. On young non-reactive skin it might be fine, but my 49 year old dry skin could not tolerate long term use of it.
Shampoo

Mon May 14, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thnx for all the input. Im checking it all out. I have very thick skin that doesnt react to anything quickly. I think it can take some of the more aggressive products. Its not really acne-prone either.

btw which products contain mandelic acid?
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Shampoo wrote:
btw which products contain mandelic acid?

Vivant 15% mandelic serum - I use and love it.

MaMa lotion - 10% mandelic, 10% malic.

ALL the Nucelle products.
Shampoo

Tue May 15, 2007 10:42 am      Reply with quote
Nothing on EDS with mandelic acid?
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know what the shape of the crystals (Alumina Crystals) in Epidermx II is? Would it scratch your skin (you know those microscopic scratches you can get similar to if you use face scrubs such as the apricot scrub by Swiss something or other)?

ETA: those of you that use Epidermx II, where do you buy yours?

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
nodouble
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 3:57 am      Reply with quote
thus far, I haven't found an exfoliating product that evens out skin tone. Over due exfoliating can only make skin too vulnerable to defend the outside damage. I think good sleep and healthy food is quite helpful to even skin tones.Smile
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 4:06 am      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
Does anyone know what the shape of the crystals (Alumina Crystals) in Epidermx II is? Would it scratch your skin (you know those microscopic scratches you can get similar to if you use face scrubs such as the apricot scrub by Swiss something or other)?

ETA: those of you that use Epidermx II, where do you buy yours?

I got mine from Goldport Beauty. I don't know what shape of the crystals in EPII is. I just know they feel really scratchy on my skin and I always notice more broken caps after I use it. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely gentle exfoliants that have evened out my skin tone:

- Decleor Phytopeel (twice weekly)
- Daily Microfoliant (every other day)
- SKII Facial Treatment Essence (most people hate it so try a sample first)
- SKII Skin refining treatment (night exfoliant)

HTH

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
i am using derma-e's micro-dermabrasion scrub with micro crystals. i have dry almost sensitive skin and anything too harsh pains me but this scrub is great and make my skin really clean and glowing afterwards.

the company claims it to be a salon-quality scrub and 3 scrubs every other day equals to 1 salon treatment. the reviews of this scrub are pretty good and i love it too. it's the only one that i feel really clean yet doesn't dry out my skin.

for hyperpigmentation and dark spots i use derma e's skin lighten for age and liver spots and so far so good. it's been about 4 days and i think my skin looks better but i'm giving it another 3 weeks to really see if there's a big difference.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |