Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Anybody here has a keloid?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Jimena
5% products discount

Sun May 13, 2007 6:22 am      Reply with quote
I've got one and I don't know what to do with it...
It's getting bigger and bigger, it's very red and it itches a lot.

Any feedback?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
Get it checked out immediately
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I have a keloid scar, but it hasn't grown in 20 years. It's an old one and I am working on reducing it by TCA peel. Red and itching would not seem to be normal, so please have it checked out.

5% products discount

Sun May 13, 2007 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Checked out why? It's in my neck and it itches because the clothes and the pendants make it to itch...I have it checked annually, and my surgeon says to leave it alone and not perform any kind of surgery ( not even plastic surgery ) on it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
If it keeps growing, I would think you'd need to go back and get it checked out. You can get cortisone shots or other treatments to help it stop getting bigger.

They can get way out of control if they keep growing. I had to keep an eye on my nose piercing, as I thought I was developing one, but it wasn't scar tissue, it was just fluid trapped under the skin.

5% products discount

Sun May 13, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I'm quite scared now Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Don't be scared! If it's been fine and has suddenly started itching or is getting bigger, I'd just go back and see what the doc can do. They could give you cortisone or perhaps a topical cream to take the itchies away. But if it IS getting bigger (a keloid is scar tissue that doesn't know when to stop) you really should stop in at some point. If you aren't comfortable with the response (the response is "uh...I'm not going to do anything") then get a second opinion!

Itch and redness is common with keloids, but the "getting bigger" part is what would take me back to the doctor. They can get big if left untreated sometimes. Hypertrophic (I have no idea if I spelled that right) are also scar tissue, but this type of scar tissue does not outgrow the bounds of the original area of injury/irritation.

One thing is...if you are prone to keloids, you need to be careful with any wound you get in the future. But ANYONE can develop them. It just seems that some folks are more prone to them than others.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I have scars that keloid'd and then flattened out after about a year and half, but they never grew, that confuses me. They def can itch at odd times but shouldn't itch a lot..or all the time. But if its being irritated then perhaps, I just don't get the growth part.
Jimena
5% products discount

Sun May 13, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
It only itches when it is irritated. And about the shape, it's just it was round at first, and now it is more oval shaped...

The funny part is that the keloid is the part where my catheter was. The original scar is ok and almost invisible Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Jimena wrote:
It only itches when it is irritated. And about the shape, it's just it was round at first, and now it is more oval shaped...

The funny part is that the keloid is the part where my catheter was. The original scar is ok and almost invisible Sad

ohhh ok so that can just be ur skin shifting, if the shapes a bit changed, thats fine, we thought you ment GROWING..as in alot bigger....diff parts of the body keloid more than others...thinner skin will for instance, and some just keloid no matter what, I tend to then the keloid goes away, so I am lucky, it doesnt stay
mur
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Cica Care silicone strips on my scars after surgery, and I've found that they help a lot - perhaps you could try these? They help to flatten out the scar, though I don't develop keloids. I've used them on my neck after a thyroidectomy.

Here is the link

http://www.cicacare.com/
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
It's completely normal for keloid scars to itch. I have many keloid scars unfortunately and quite a few of them became extremely itchy, which isn't uncommon, so please do not worry! It will stop feeling like this in time. Keloid scars often grow beyond the border of the original injury, if that makes sense. I found that after a couple of years the scars do naturally lessen in redness, they make even become white, and often you'll find that they flatten down themselves, but it does take time.
Jimena
5% products discount

Sun May 13, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
It's completely normal for keloid scars to itch. I have many keloid scars unfortunately and quite a few of them became extremely itchy, which isn't uncommon, so please do not worry! It will stop feeling like this in time. Keloid scars often grow beyond the border of the original injury, if that makes sense. I found that after a couple of years the scars do naturally lessen in redness, they make even become white, and often you'll find that they flatten down themselves, but it does take time.

That's exactly what happened with my surgery scar, but, to my astonishment, the cathether scar (it very small) turned into a keloid.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
i have several keloid scar, because i acted up when i was children, but this scar will be fadeaway accompany with your growing.
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have a keloid too and it recently started to become flatter and lighter in color. I've had it for more than 10 years though, so it does take a lot of time for it to improve. I would recommend going to a doctor for a cortisone shot, it'll flatten it out and make it less itchy. There's lots of scar treatments at Target, you should give the silicone sheeting a try.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I could be wrong but I think the itching happens during some of the healing, even 10-15 yrs later as teh scar is flattening more ect it can reactivate in its itching..hope that makes sense...I have a scar from when I was 9, once in a blue moon it'll still itch some...
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:36 am      Reply with quote
mur wrote:
I've used Cica Care silicone strips on my scars after surgery, and I've found that they help a lot - perhaps you could try these? They help to flatten out the scar, though I don't develop keloids. I've used them on my neck after a thyroidectomy.

Here is the link

http://www.cicacare.com/

Mur, how long did you use Cica Care?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Is this a new scar? I agree if its growing is should be checked out.

I had a steroid injections in a keliod I have. I had 3 or 4 injections about a month apart, starting 3 months after the scar developed. It did flatten the scar but I still have a scar in that the skin in that area looks different. I've tried treating it with peels but no luck.
Angelboots
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Dermatrix is good for keloid scaring. Keloids sometimes do itch, mine do and i've had them for over 10 years, they change shape and texture over the years which may cause slight irritation. I would get it checked out though.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:55 am      Reply with quote
How do you get keloids?
zirconn
5% products discount

Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:03 am      Reply with quote
My sister developed a keloid from her cesarean section and the doctor said the only way to remove it is also by surgery Sad
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Anytime I have work done, mole removed etc, I get a keloid. It is a componant of my Irish and very pale skin. It will take SOME time for the scar to pale and stop itching.
You can go back to your Dr. And he may opt to inject an ever so small amount of cortisone directly into the spot.
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:46 am      Reply with quote
there are various alternatives remedies being discussed here:

http://skinverse.com/skinverse-guide-to-keloids.html/

earthclinic.com
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |