Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Product shelf lives -
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

How long do you keep your skin care products/actives? Do you stock up when things are on sale just because you can, or do you forgo the better price in order to not to use any stale products?

I'm not talking about makeup, I know the life spans of those. I'm talking about emu oil, ha, vitamin c serums, copper peptides ... those kinds of things.

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 3:20 am      Reply with quote
I only tend to purchase products which I know have a use by date on them. I either use them up before the use by date or if they happen to get forgotten then my feet and legs get a treat.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:18 am      Reply with quote
I'm with bushy as I tend to purchase products with the use by date as well. However, I have purchased products without. I wouldn't say I "stock up" as I don't buy more during sales. But I do have more than one products of each type, and I tend to use them all but on rotation. I do "stock up" when I order from EDS to make up for free shipping, but try not open them as once opened, they have to be used up within certain period of time. If I didn't have to pay so much for shipping, I'd rather buy only when I'm running out of a product, so I'll always have a fresh product every time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
The Skin Biology copper peptides have a shelf life of 3-5 years. Products like BHA/AHA have indefinite shelf lives IF the pH is low enough.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 9:38 am      Reply with quote
... and emu has a pretty long shelf life if you keep it cool. I store mine in the fridge and decant as I need it. Dunno about agireline and stuff though Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 11:23 am      Reply with quote
i seldom stock up skincare, i alway buy skincare from one or two place, the promotion time is almost the same every year, so i can 'make a good plan'.
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
kim@ifeelpretty wrote:
The Skin Biology copper peptides have a shelf life of 3-5 years. Products like BHA/AHA have indefinite shelf lives IF the pH is low enough.

This is definitely good news!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
I only stock up those items used up eaily like cleansers.
lemerick

Sat May 08, 2010 6:06 am      Reply with quote
The usage time for eye-area cosmetics is more limited than other products because of microbial exposure and the risk of eye infections. Some industry experts recommend replacing mascara every two - three months. And never add water or saliva to mascara or liquid cosmetics as it can introduce bacteria into the product.

I use the Once Opened Beauty Expiration Kit to date my cosmetics. I found out that common permanent markers smudge off because of the oils in creams and makeup -the kit's self laminating labels solve this problem. Kit comes with self laminating labels in a pretty pink pouch, ultra fine point mini permanent marker and a cosmetic life expectancy guide in a nice keepsake box. Check it out.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |