Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Accupressure facelift works!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
A couple of weeks ago I borrowed Joseph Corvo's book "The Natural Facelift" from the library. It's a book that combines accupressure with facial exercises. I have practised facial exercises on and off for several years and find they make a big difference, so I got this book out specifically for the information on 15 accupressure points located on the face. You are supposed to massage each point for 30 seconds. I'm lazy. I've been massaging each point for 5-10 seconds instead, once daily for just on two weeks. In the last three days I have received the following comments from various people. I have been asked if I have:

- lost weight
- gotten a tan
- changed my hair
- changed my lipstick

My lips look fuller, my eyes look more relaxed, and my skin has more colour. This book was published about 10 years ago so you may not be able to find it easily, but it's worth hunting for. Even done the lazy way it takes less than five minutes and can even be done while watching tv. I simply do it after washing my face and applying moisturiser at night.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I like it! Effective and cheap - what a great combo Laughing I'll put this in my little black book for future reference.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Thank you! Off to the library I go!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
yes, this does sound interesting.

thanks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I do believe the acupressure could work - the only thing I am not sure about is if I could stick to the routine everyday. I much prefer if there is a machine does the work for me Cool
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
I found this website which has a video sample of a DVD called "Acupressure Facelift":
http://www.acupressurefacelift.com/

There is a review of the video at http://www.acupuncture.com/newsletters/m_may04/main2.htm :

Quote:

Featuring the Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners Ming Ming and David Molony, the video demonstrates how to stimulate each point followed by an explanation as to which undesirable trait it targets. Each exercise is done about thirty times and there is pleasant Chinese music in the background. The second half of the video repeats the entire sequential exercise without abbreviation or much new commentary. Lastly, it is followed by common sense advice on taking care of your health to maintain a youthful appearance. The exercises are easy to do and can be done by anybody. The video is a good, basic introduction to facial acupressure for those interested less in elaboration and more in the technique, as it gets straight to the heart of the exercises. It is not however, for the lazy, nor for those with unrealistic expectations: the exercises can only improve your looks if they are done on a regular basis, and in no way gives you results comparable to a true facelift, as the title may imply. It will not take off ten years, so if that’s what you’re hoping for, you’re better off searching for a reputable cosmetic surgeon whose patients don’t all look suspiciously alike in their post-surgery pictures. The video advises doing the exercises daily.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Do you need to keep on doing to have the effect permanent?
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
There are spas that carry out the Zen Facial which is basically the same philosphy, they also use some EOs to help with decongestion etc.

It started with one spa in Australia, but may have been "franchised" out.
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Yes, you would have to continue doing it to keep the benefits, just like you have to clean your teeth daily to keep them healthy, or moisturise your skin to protect it, or exercise to keep the body firm. However skipping a day every now and then would be no big deal.

I find it takes less than five minutes, is easy, painless and can be done while watching tv. The changes to my skin tone have been quite dramatic, much firmer skin along the jaw line, much less puffiness around the eyes, fuller looking lips and an added bonus of no more blocked sinuses.

In three weeks I would say I look five years younger. The results have been quicker than facial exercises that I do (but I still am going to keep doing them also) and take less time. There's no way I'm going to stop doing these.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Not sure this is available in the US. Where are you from? And do you know what year the book came out?
Thanks.
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 10:13 am      Reply with quote
This really intrigued me. I found it on a used book site -- I live in the US but the book is coming from New Zealand. It doesn't seem like this was originally available in the US, I think it was published in England.

Try Bookfinder.com, Alibris.com or Biblio.com.
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 6:00 am      Reply with quote
The book was published around 1996 and is out of print. I'm not sure how to post an jpeg from my computer, but if anyone wants a copy of the chart from the book, I can email it to them.
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 6:07 am      Reply with quote
The book is available from resellers like Alibris.com. The last time I checked they had several copies (appox. $35.00).
mom2eloise
5% products discount

Sat May 19, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
luckylouie, if you could send me a jpeg of the chart I'd appreciate it. Need all the help I can get since I turned the big 50 yesterday, LOL!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
I've sent the chart out to people who have requested it. I forgot to mention in the email that some of the points you massage may be a little tender. This is seen as a sign of energy blockage and will decrease over time. You will only find the points are tender when you actually massage them, not at other times, so don't be concerned. I personally found points three and 11 were tender on me for the first five times I massaged them.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for sending me the chart Luckylouie. I've started the routine already and I'm looking forward to seeing results Very Happy
mom2eloise
5% products discount

Sun May 20, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I started the chart this morning, looking forward to looking younger, LOL!

Thanks luckylouie!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Louise!

You know I was using my dermaroller yesterday and thinking, you know this is kinda like acupressure/acupuncture for the face as well Smile

Mon May 10, 2010 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Is it too late to get the chart sent to me? Smile
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 12:03 am      Reply with quote
It definitely works! I have tons of TCM books about facial exercise and acupuncture, but you have to do it everyday. There are a few spots around the ears can diminish wrinkles, have you tried?
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Critic, what books do you recommend?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 9:00 am      Reply with quote
Googled Joseph Corvo and found this website which seems to do a video thing:

http://www.thezonetherapy.com/index2.html

I'm tempted to purchase it. The sales blurb sounds fantastic:

Zone Therapy: The Ten Minute Miracle is a video that teaches anyone how to use this effective beauty treatment at home in just 10 minutes a day.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
Critic, what books do you recommend?

They are all in Chinese, but most came with pictures.
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 16, 2010 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

Recently several people have asked me to send the chart to them. I no longer have the chart on my computer as a jpeg as my old computer crashed last year and I was unable to save the documents and transfer them to the new computer. However if you google pdf facial acupressure you will find several charts that can be downloaded for free and show some, if no all of the facial acupressure points. Sorry I can't be of more help.
mb935
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 18, 2010 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Can this be done with Tanaka massage? If so... does it matter before or after?

thanks...
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |