Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Body building photos - 7 weeks out from the show.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
We are starting to notice some changes for Sandy already. If you compare the 8 week photos to these photos you can see definition coming into her upper abs area. This is good because we are working hard to trim that tummy off of her, which is her biggest battle. Also, we've noticed some quad muscles starting to show, with some separation which is great. The back of her legs are looking good too with the hamstrings completely showing and separated nicely.

We have no real diet changes this week. Sandy's eats a pretty high ratio of protein right now as it is. She will probably increase cardio more to burn off more bodyfat. Weights will still be heavy, with high intensity.

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I WISH SOMEONE WOULD TELL ME WHY THE POSTS WITH MY PHOTOS ARE BEING PULLED FROM THE BOARD!

Here they are again, and they are for information only....no other "motive" or reason is being used for showing these! (GEEZ!)

If anyone has a problem with posting our "progress to the bodybuilding show" photos, feel free to send me a private message and let me know what's up....

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I just replied to one a moment ago ... has it been pulled? Maybe PM CM to see if there is a problem?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
has another one disappeared John? I don't understand it. Guapa has offered good advice.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Good for you for being into health and fitness Smile

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
John C. Hill wrote:
I WISH SOMEONE WOULD TELL ME WHY THE POSTS WITH MY PHOTOS ARE BEING PULLED FROM THE BOARD!

Here they are again, and they are for information only....no other "motive" or reason is being used for showing these! (GEEZ!)

If anyone has a problem with posting our "progress to the bodybuilding show" photos, feel free to send me a private message and let me know what's up....

Hi John,
Did you PM the mods to inquire about why your posts got pulled?
When in doubt, PM the mods. LOL
HTH,
C
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Yup, I can see the improvement in Sandy's upper abs. I bet that's a difficult area for women to work on.

And John, have you been working on your obliques? That side shot of you looks soo good!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz, I don't specifically target the obliques. Sandy and I do start every workout with 3 sets of 25 rope crunches for the abs. This hits the obliques to some extent as well. To be honest, it is the stricter diet and cardio that will bring out definition in the obliques. And, sometimes if people target the obliques with side raises or twists, they can actually "build up" that area which can be a mistake. It could make your waist look bigger rather than tighter and more defined.

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Good work John. All the best to Sandy and you. I sincerely admire the dedication and hard work and wish you well.

Cat
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
you are so fit!
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 1:29 am      Reply with quote
John C. Hill wrote:
nadjazz, I don't specifically target the obliques. Sandy and I do start every workout with 3 sets of 25 rope crunches for the abs. This hits the obliques to some extent as well. To be honest, it is the stricter diet and cardio that will bring out definition in the obliques. And, sometimes if people target the obliques with side raises or twists, they can actually "build up" that area which can be a mistake. It could make your waist look bigger rather than tighter and more defined.

John

Hi John,

You and Sandy look amazing! Your photos are inspiring and show your dedication to fitness and physical health. I wish the both of you the best of luck in the bodybuilding competition. Keep us posted!

I are trying to lose weight and get in shape. I actually want to wear a bikini this summer and not be embarrassed! I think my abs are the main problem area for me. I can't seem to stay away from carbs, so I don't think that helps much. Neutral What is a 'rope crunch'? Is this similar to a regular crunch?
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the kind words Sweet28. We do take training very seriously. It can be theraputic too. After a hard work day, I can't wait to take my stored up energy to the gym!

A rope crunch is one where you go to a cable machine. Attache one of the thick ropes that the gym normally has around clipped to the upper pulley. Then pull it down until you are kneeling on your knees on the floor. Now, try to bring your shoulders down to your knees while you hold the ends of the rope near your head. You have to crunch the abs very hard to fold your body and get your shoulders to go down toward the knees. Plus, the weighted resistance never lets up because the pulley is holding up weight the entire time, up and down. It is much better than any other sort of crunch you can do because of the continuous resistance.

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
John C. Hill wrote:
Thanks for the kind words Sweet28. We do take training very seriously. It can be theraputic too. After a hard work day, I can't wait to take my stored up energy to the gym!

A rope crunch is one where you go to a cable machine. Attache one of the thick ropes that the gym normally has around clipped to the upper pulley. Then pull it down until you are kneeling on your knees on the floor. Now, try to bring your shoulders down to your knees while you hold the ends of the rope near your head. You have to crunch the abs very hard to fold your body and get your shoulders to go down toward the knees. Plus, the weighted resistance never lets up because the pulley is holding up weight the entire time, up and down. It is much better than any other sort of crunch you can do because of the continuous resistance.

John

John, wouldn't that create a huge muscle on the belly though? As a woman, I wouldn't want a 6-pack. If you use weight resistance when you crunch, that seems it will create lots of muscles.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Good thread. I'm interested in following this.. I don't see why photos would be pulled. Glad to see they're back. Waiting for an update Smile

I don't know if you posted this anywhere John but I'm interested in your view on supplements. If you believe in them and which you recommend? Particularly Lipo 6? Thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

John, wouldn't that create a huge muscle on the belly though? As a woman, I wouldn't want a 6-pack. If you use weight resistance when you crunch, that seems it will create lots of muscles.

bkgirl:

Having 6-pack is one of my dreams!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Well actually, virtually everyone has a 6 pack! However, depending on the amount of body fat you carry, you can either see your six pack, or see....well...a larger, smoother tummy.

Exercising the abs won't make them that much bigger. Probably the very first step to seeing your abs is burning off body fat. If you burn off excess body fat....even without ever doing 1 sit up in your entire life, you will eventually see your 6 pack. Eating right, with the proper balance of protein, carbs and good fat, along with cardio and weightlifting will help you achieve that 6 pack look.

Now, as for supplements, yes we take a lot of them. Sandy does take Lipo 6 and likes it! I don't take any other fat burners except for the aspirin, caffeine, and ephendrine I take once each morning. I have a fast metabolism as it is and I don't need any other fat burners. We also take multi vitamins daily. We take creatine, and glutamine to help muscle recover. We take ZMA at night (zinc, magnesium, and ... uh....forgot what the "A" is right now...I think it is Arginine). That combination helps kick in the body's own ability to produce growth hormone during deep sleep at night. I take a combination supplement called "Elastamine" which helps keep my joints from hurting too much from the heavy weights. We take Udo's oil which is a great combination of healthy fatty acids. We drink a ton of water all day long. I drink an energy drink during the workout called NO-Xplode which gives me stamina, strength and energy to get through the long tough workouts. We take a Nitric Oxide supplement to make the muscle pumps extremely hard and tight. An amazing feeling! We both drink Next Nutrition's Whey Protein, especially right after the workout when the muscles are starving for protein.

....sounds like a lot doesn't it?! But, it does make an amazing difference, especially for retaining lean muscle mass during the diet down period before a show.

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
John C. Hill wrote:

Now, as for supplements, yes we take a lot of them. Sandy does take Lipo 6 and likes it! I don't take any other fat burners except for the aspirin, caffeine, and ephendrine I take once each morning. I have a fast metabolism as it is and I don't need any other fat burners. We also take multi vitamins daily. We take creatine, and glutamine to help muscle recover. We take ZMA at night (zinc, magnesium, and ... uh....forgot what the "A" is right now...I think it is Arginine). That combination helps kick in the body's own ability to produce growth hormone during deep sleep at night. I take a combination supplement called "Elastamine" which helps keep my joints from hurting too much from the heavy weights. We take Udo's oil which is a great combination of healthy fatty acids. We drink a ton of water all day long. I drink an energy drink during the workout called NO-Xplode which gives me stamina, strength and energy to get through the long tough workouts. We take a Nitric Oxide supplement to make the muscle pumps extremely hard and tight. An amazing feeling! We both drink Next Nutrition's Whey Protein, especially right after the workout when the muscles are starving for protein.

....sounds like a lot doesn't it?! But, it does make an amazing difference, especially for retaining lean muscle mass during the diet down period before a show.

John

Wow thank you for answering this so fast. Does she take the original Lipo 6 or the new one Lipo 6x? I've been taking different supplements here and there but that one does seem the best (and best reviews I've seen as well). I'm going to pick up a bottle of is asap. As for the stack that you take (aspirin, caffeine, and ephendrine) are you taking this seperate to create the stack or together? If its one product can you tell me the name of it? I used to take the stacks before they were pulled from the market and like them very much. Thanks for the list of other products, I'm quite familiar with a few, but I appreciate the extra info Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

bkgirl:

Having 6-pack is one of my dreams!!!

LOL...you're too funny, MACrisis. I used to have a 2-pack when I was working on my ab a bit, but I noticed the muscles stuck out. I would rather have a totally flat tummy, so I stopped working on my upper ab, and concentrated more on lower ab, and then did more pilates type ab workout.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |