Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How much alcohol do you drink? Honestly...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
blackvera76
5% products discount

Mon May 14, 2007 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I am f 30 and have recently realized that I love wine! I am a bit of a snob and a connoisseur. But I have been quietly wondering if I am overdoing it.
I don't NEED to drink but cannot imagine having any other form of liquid with food intake. Impossible! Steak and a coke? Grilled Halibut with butter sauce and water? Don't think so. In all honesty I used to drink about 3 glasses of wine nightly. One glass while cooking, one with dinner and one glass after. Not more and not less. Did I usually wake up hungover? No and yes. No headaches, loss of balance or vomiting. Maybe a slight sullen mood and some minor shaking of hand but still in pretty good shape.
A month ago I started to feel bad over my drinking. Embarrassed even. Why? Don't know. Maybe I felt abnormal. It seems so "dirty" to drink and love it here in the States. I was born and raised in Sweden where we have a very different lifestyle.
Anyway. I went home to see my parents in Stockholm for 2 weeks and didn't have a single drop of alcohol. I was SOO proud! Now I'm back in U.S and drink again. Have settled for 1-2 glasses/nightly, Fri-Sun. On these days I also cook a gourmet meal(went to cooking school). Remainder of week days I eat canned soups or frozen food along with a non-alcoholic glass of cider. And how I suffer..
On my obituary it will say " She was a wino". How much do YOU drink? How much do YOU WANT to drink but can't? What do YOU consider being normal/abnormal? Lets try and keep personal assault and judging away from computer keyboard...
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
tons I know drink wine nightly, I personally drink very rarely, not because I think its bad, I just got out of the habit due to meds I was taking and since stopping, just never got back into the habit of doing it. Most that love wine drink a glass or two with dinner...I think thats reasonable, unless it impairs you or ur life or you couldn't live without it, then you might want to rethink it.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I normally have just under half a glass of homemade wine a day because my body is smaller then average. I've heard half a glass to one full glass a day is very healthy.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Wine is pretty much the only alcohol that I drink, but only rarely. I have no favourite kinds, I like tham all. But I'd much rather have a huge glass of milk at suppertime.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Very little. I can go on for months without any alcohol and don't really miss it. When it's very hot I might drink a beer or two and not every day. Wine sometimes and Brandy.

My drinking habits are sporadic. Very Happy
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
Half bottle of red wine a day Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:

Now that's my kinda gal Laughing

Wine is the only alcohol that I drink and some weeks I have one or two glasses at night every night and other times I just save up until the weekend Razz
babybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Wild Cat wrote:

Now that's my kinda gal Laughing

Wine is the only alcohol that I drink and some weeks I have one or two glasses at night every night and other times I just save up until the weekend Razz

Yup.

Anywhere from 1-3 glasses for me. It's one of the first things I reach for at the end of a long work day! Ahhhhhh...

...sipping on a nice chianti now...yum
Snake
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
My drinking pattern:

- normally have sake during weekends
- chivas together with green tea during karaoke
- sometimes red and sometimes white when dining out
- never drink at home

Razz Snake
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
None! It breaks me out and I just generally don't feel as well when I drink.

Sorry to be a party-pooper. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
Another party pooper here. My parents don't drink ever, so I grew up thinking it's normal to drink water with your food. I tried some cocktails before, but I don't need to drink. I most of the times order a diet coke or green tea (if I'm at a sushi place). Yeah, I'm boring. haha
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:

What a lush!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 2:06 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, but I stopped by the GROWNUPS PLACE TO BE SILLY AND HAVE FUN BAR....they serve way too much booze there@

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 3:08 am      Reply with quote
I loooooooooove my vodka and cranberry, and campari and orange. Those are my fave drinks when out with friends. I really like white wine too but I usually drink that when I'm on my own Bad Grin

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 3:45 am      Reply with quote
unfortunately my body will only tolerate one drink most of the time. thanks to genetics, i have a polymorphism where my body doesn't effectively metabolise alcohol due the the lack of the production of a specific enzyme. otherwise, i'd probably be an alcoholic...
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 4:25 am      Reply with quote
I remember drinking when I was younger but as I've never liked the taste or wine or any other drink and the fact it made my skin look awful I simply stopped. I never feel the urge to drink and I'm also a cheap date (so I've been told Rolling Eyes )
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Too much Sad

That said, I don't need to drink and I can go without drinking at all for months.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:

Tchin-Tchin Wild Cat, sip, sip, sip....GULP! Bad Grin
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 6:05 am      Reply with quote
I don't drink at all and for no other reason than I cannot stand the taste of wine or liquor. I just never acquired a taste for it, geez I wish that was the case with chocolate!!
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I love bone dry, great big-bodied red wines. And I love my wine in a great big wide-brimmed wine glass so that I can give it a swirl and then stick my face in the glass to inhale the gorgeous smell... Laughing...Sadly, my unholy list of meds would put me in the ER if I started drinking alcohol! For now, the closest I'm going to get to wine is grapes Embarassed .
pudoodles
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
When I was younger, I used to drink two glasses of wine with dinner,but once I got into menopause, I found it was interfering with sleeping. So, sadly, now it's one glass only. (Though on a weekend, I'll have a glass while cooking and then one with dinner. Spreading them out over a couple of hours means it won't wreck my sleep.)

The good news is that I can buy higher end wine, since we go through it more slowly now...
Once we open a bottle, I immediately put half into a half-sized bottle, filled to the max, and corked. Keeps DH from hogging more than his share. Bad Grin
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I maybe have 2 glasses of wine (pinot grigio) per week. As I follow Weight Watchers, I'd rather EAT my points than DRINK my points Laughing Plus I have a very low tolerance, so 1 glass of wine and I'm feeling fine!

That said, my DH has red wine practically every day. He drinks anywhere from 1-3 glasses. If I did that I'd get nothing done!

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
Maureenall
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Usually up to half a bottle of Red wine with dinner almost every day, Embarassed Is that too much??
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Maureenall wrote:
Usually up to half a bottle of Red wine with dinner almost every day, Embarassed Is that too much??

You are my kind of girl! Well, some would say half bottle a day for females are too much but I think its just about right! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I come from an Italian family and I've been drinking wine since I was a child. My grandmother used to mix it with soda for the children. Unless I am taking medication that contraindicates it (and that is very rare since I'm healthy as a horse) I drink wine every day. I really don't even consider it alcohol.

I love beer but I don't drink it much. For reasons I don't really understand, I end up with swollen sinuses when I drink alot of beer (plus I have to run to the bathroom every 20 minutes Laughing ).

I don't drink very much hard liquor during the week. I do love tequila anejo and a good vodka, along with a few other things. (hiccup Cool )
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |