Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.
 
 back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in



Skin Biology Protect & Restore High Retinol and Oil of Lavender - Large (113.4 g / 4 oz) Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) glominerals gloShimmer Brick - Luster (7.4 g / 0.26 oz)
What's your favorite makeup remover?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Poll :: What's your favorite makeup remover?

commercial cleansing oil
36%
 36%  [ 19 ]
DIY cleansing oil
19%
 19%  [ 10 ]
cleansing balm
5%
 5%  [ 3 ]
cleansing milk
13%
 13%  [ 7 ]
cleansing cream
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
cleansing gel
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
I do not use a seperate makeup remover
11%
 11%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 52


Author Message
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Tue May 15, 2007 5:12 am      Reply with quote
I know there have been many threads on makeup removers. However, I'm curious to see how the poll will turn out.

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Tue May 15, 2007 5:14 am      Reply with quote
I myself prefer a cleansing balm as I find it removes makeup well and I love using muslin cloth to gently exfoliate my skin. Also, it just feels so nice and relaxing steaming my face with a warm cloth. Smile My favorite cleansing balm being Eve Lom Cleanser.

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Posts: 1657
Tue May 15, 2007 6:05 am      Reply with quote
I was using MAC's cleansing oil - which I do like, but I was given a tube of Borghese's cleansing cream and a bottle of the cleansing wash and I just ADORE them. I can barely wait to formally review them, especially the cleansing wash which has the cleanest, most heavenly scent of any cleanser I've ever tried (sigh...)
pudoodles
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 1622
Tue May 15, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
another Eve Lom devotee. my face goes mad when i don't use this.... it took me awhile to get used to the muslin cloth, but now i'm addicted to that as well. sigh, about to order another tub and 3 extra cloths.
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 872
Tue May 15, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I find that OCM takes everything off ... and it's inexpensive! Laughing

Mary

_________________
Over 50, combo, OCM. Originator of Pearl Paste ... www.silkenpearl.com
siriusalien
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 69
Tue May 15, 2007 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I have used Abolene for years- removes everything.

_________________
My Best To All
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Tue May 15, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
another Eve Lom devotee. my face goes mad when i don't use this.... it took me awhile to get used to the muslin cloth, but now i'm addicted to that as well. sigh, about to order another tub and 3 extra cloths.


Me too! At first, I wasn't used too using the muslin cloth at all. It hurt my skin and it left it red and raw. Then I figured out I was supposed to be more gentle with it although it was quite hard as I'm generally heavy handed. Smile

I just ordered some cloths from Spiezia. They're made from organic cotton and do feel a bit rougher than EL's muslin cloths.

Anyway, have you tried any other cleansing balms? I'm itching to try the ones from The Organic Pharmacy, Neal's Yard (great reviews on MUA), and Spiezia.

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 1622
Tue May 15, 2007 7:51 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Anyway, have you tried any other cleansing balms? I'm itching to try the ones from The Organic Pharmacy, Neal's Yard (great reviews on MUA), and Spiezia.

from what i remember, almost every other cleansing balm has shea butter which i simply cannot tolerate. so no, i haven't tried them and don't plan to. (Eve Lom *is* expensive, but it lasts a long time so the price really isn't that horrible.) there are very few items i have ever considered HG status but, for me, this is one of them. i truly don't believe it can get any better than this, so i have no desire to try. (the only reason i've strayed was i was running out or forgot to take it on a trip.)

as for the cloths, i did just bite the bullet and order more. there *are* alternatives out there, but none that are quite as good as hers. considering i use it every night, again, the investment isn't huge.... i did have a fright, however, when i found my boyfriend blowing his nose into my one and only cloth. he thought it was his hankie. boys!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Tue May 15, 2007 8:05 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Anyway, have you tried any other cleansing balms? I'm itching to try the ones from The Organic Pharmacy, Neal's Yard (great reviews on MUA), and Spiezia.

from what i remember, almost every other cleansing balm has shea butter which i simply cannot tolerate. so no, i haven't tried them and don't plan to. (Eve Lom *is* expensive, but it lasts a long time so the price really isn't that horrible.) there are very few items i have ever considered HG status but, for me, this is one of them. i truly don't believe it can get any better than this, so i have no desire to try. (the only reason i've strayed was i was running out or forgot to take it on a trip.)

as for the cloths, i did just bite the bullet and order more. there *are* alternatives out there, but none that are quite as good as hers. considering i use it every night, again, the investment isn't huge.... i did have a fright, however, when i found my boyfriend blowing his nose into my one and only cloth. he thought it was his hankie. boys!


Oops! That can't be good! LOL

Although I'm so happy with EL, I just can't help wanting to try out other cleansing balms. I'm not so concerned about the price as it's not that ridiculously expensive. I've had my 100 ml jar for quite some time now, and it's still more or less full. I'm not sure if it's meant to be this way or I'm just not using enough of it. How long does yours last?

When I was away last week, I couldn't bring use EL as there's no warm water where I was, so I was using Osea's cleansing milk. Although I removed it with wet cotton balls first, then followed with muslin cloth, it was still disastrous. SOOOOOOOOO many blackheads it's unbelievable! I'm never ever touching that stuff ever again!

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Tue May 15, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
hpjrt wrote:
I find that OCM takes everything off ... and it's inexpensive! Laughing

Mary


I was interested in the idea of DIY, but I couldn't find good quality oil here in Thailand and to order it online, it would end up being more expensive than getting a commercial oil, so I gave up the idea. Sad

What oil do you use? I was tempted to just use normal cooking extra virgin olive oil, but I wasn't sure if I was meant to.

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 1622
Tue May 15, 2007 8:14 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Although I'm so happy with EL, I just can't help wanting to try out other cleansing balms. I'm not so concerned about the price as it's not that ridiculously expensive. I've had my 100 ml jar for quite some time now, and it's still more or less full. I'm not sure if it's meant to be this way or I'm just not using enough of it. How long does yours last?

When I was away last week, I couldn't bring use EL as there's no warm water where I was, so I was using Osea's cleansing milk. Although I removed it with wet cotton balls first, then followed with muslin cloth, it was still disastrous. SOOOOOOOOO many blackheads it's unbelievable! I'm never ever touching that stuff ever again!

i have enough stuff i'm still trialing, so i just don't have the desire to change up my Eve Lom. if you try other stuff, though, by all means let us know. BTW, i think Lin, who was another fan, is now in love with her Kanebo cleanser duo. you might want to do a search.

as for the Osea Cleansing Milk.... i know some people swear by cleansing milks, but i'm not one of them. they're fine for morning or if you've been puttering about all day with no makeup or sunscreen, but otherwise i just don't trust them. if i'm off camping or such where there's no hot water, i use a no rinse product by Bioderma that you use like a toner.
marla
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Aug 2006
Posts: 385
Tue May 15, 2007 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I'm pretty much addicted to Dermalogica Precleanse.

I think it's ridiculously priced, but I'm fortunate in that I can buy it at a discount. Using it before my cleanser makes a huge difference!

_________________
Age 41; Oily; Acne prone; Resilient; Currently loving Tazorac, Kate Somerville ExfoliKate and Deep Tissue Repair; Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Tue May 15, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Although I'm so happy with EL, I just can't help wanting to try out other cleansing balms. I'm not so concerned about the price as it's not that ridiculously expensive. I've had my 100 ml jar for quite some time now, and it's still more or less full. I'm not sure if it's meant to be this way or I'm just not using enough of it. How long does yours last?

When I was away last week, I couldn't bring use EL as there's no warm water where I was, so I was using Osea's cleansing milk. Although I removed it with wet cotton balls first, then followed with muslin cloth, it was still disastrous. SOOOOOOOOO many blackheads it's unbelievable! I'm never ever touching that stuff ever again!

i have enough stuff i'm still trialing, so i just don't have the desire to change up my Eve Lom. if you try other stuff, though, by all means let us know. BTW, i think Lin, who was another fan, is now in love with her Kanebo cleanser duo. you might want to do a search.

as for the Osea Cleansing Milk.... i know some people swear by cleansing milks, but i'm not one of them. they're fine for morning or if you've been puttering about all day with no makeup or sunscreen, but otherwise i just don't trust them. if i'm off camping or such where there's no hot water, i use a no rinse product by Bioderma that you use like a toner.


I was in a hospital for a week seeing no sun at all, and I didn't even use sunscreen. But still, Osea's cleansing milk left me with loads of blackheads. I used Yon-Ka's cleansing milk for half a year and I didn't have any problems with blackheads or clogged pores. Don't get me wrong, I love cleansing milks. Just not the Osea's one. Sad

Is the Bioderma's cleanser called Crealine? I think they just launched Bioderma here in Thailand.

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 21 Feb 2006
Posts: 1622
Tue May 15, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
I was in a hospital for a week seeing no sun at all, and I didn't even use sunscreen. But still, Osea's cleansing milk left me with loads of blackheads. I used Yon-Ka's cleansing milk for half a year and I didn't have any problems with blackheads or clogged pores. Don't get me wrong, I love cleansing milks. Just not the Osea's one. Sad

Is the Bioderma's cleanser called Crealine? I think they just launched Bioderma here in Thailand.

well, i'm just not a cleansing milk sort of girl so i can't comment. terribly sorry about the Osea. when i was unexpectedly in the hospital with my arm, all i had was a teensy jar of Eve Lom. i'd order tea for dinner and use the hot water (when it cooled some) to do a mini-wash.

the Bioderma is called Sensibio here, but i think Crealine is its US name. get the one for sensitive skin, sans parfum, yada yada.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 1089
Tue May 15, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I always go back to cleansing gels and right now I'm using the YonKa one. I have Precleanse too which I sometimes use (so I can use it up). And I always use my cleanser (well 90% of the time anyway) with my Clarisonic brush.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 03 Nov 2006
Posts: 1234
Tue May 15, 2007 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I use a 75/25 mix of castor oil/jojoba oil, then follow with a BHA cleanser. Works great!

_________________
44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Tue May 15, 2007 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
I always go back to cleansing gels and right now I'm using the YonKa one. I have Precleanse too which I sometimes use (so I can use it up). And I always use my cleanser (well 90% of the time anyway) with my Clarisonic brush.


I used up 2 samples of Yon-Ka's cleansing gel. Although I really liked the texture and smell, I felt didn't clean my makeup that well. Do you think it's the Clarisonic that's doing such a good cleaning job? Does it clean your skin as well without using Clarisonic?

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
ayapp
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 Dec 2006
Posts: 93
Tue May 15, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Ive used make-up remove milk for 2yrs, thats better than using oil....
nodouble
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 14 May 2007
Posts: 127
Tue May 15, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
clarins' cleanser milk Smile
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 May 2006
Posts: 1089
Tue May 15, 2007 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
I used up 2 samples of Yon-Ka's cleansing gel. Although I really liked the texture and smell, I felt didn't clean my makeup that well. Do you think it's the Clarisonic that's doing such a good cleaning job? Does it clean your skin as well without using Clarisonic?


Yes, I definitely think it's the Clarisonic helping. I always use the Clarisonic if I have been wearing makeup. The only times I'll slack off with it is sometimes on the weekend if I'm not wearing any foundation. I can't comment on how well the YonKa Gel cleans without the brush. I should try it tonight without the brush and then rub a cotton pad across my face to see if there's any makeup residue left. I'll try to remember to report back!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 06 Jul 2006
Posts: 1689
Tue May 15, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
I used up 2 samples of Yon-Ka's cleansing gel. Although I really liked the texture and smell, I felt didn't clean my makeup that well. Do you think it's the Clarisonic that's doing such a good cleaning job? Does it clean your skin as well without using Clarisonic?


Yes, I definitely think it's the Clarisonic helping. I always use the Clarisonic if I have been wearing makeup. The only times I'll slack off with it is sometimes on the weekend if I'm not wearing any foundation. I can't comment on how well the YonKa Gel cleans without the brush. I should try it tonight without the brush and then rub a cotton pad across my face to see if there's any makeup residue left. I'll try to remember to report back!


Thanks Moonstar! Please do let me know how it goes. Smile

_________________
26 with dehydrated combo skin, prone to blackheads and congestions, NC20-25
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Posts: 1346
Tue May 15, 2007 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Cetaphil!!

_________________
40, fair skinned, dark hair, blue eyes
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 Dec 2006
Posts: 1056
Tue May 15, 2007 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
i feel cleaning oil can clean cleanlily!
ckmini
Senior Member
10% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 01 May 2007
Posts: 60
Tue May 15, 2007 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've used cleansing oils, creams, gels, etc. before, but i have to say my current favorite is the Bioderma Sensibio/Hydrabio non-rinse cleanser. I've been thru bottles of it already and still loving it.

_________________
Mid-30s, Asian, light to fair complexion, freckles, normal skin, nose area prone to clogged pores...yikes! Otherwise pretty on most days Smile
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

View user's profileSend private message
Joined: 16 Apr 2005
Posts: 1073
Tue May 15, 2007 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
olive oil Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic



Phyto-C SuperHeal O-Live Lotion (30 g / 1 floz) Clarks Botanicals Retinol Rescue Overnight Cream (50 ml) DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml)