Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MaMa Lotion-Anyone using?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
siriusalien
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Anyone in the forum using MaMa lotion? I do not have hyperpigmentation, just want a "smoother" skin surface. My skin is sensative.
Success anyone?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I haven't yet but dying to try it. The girls at the makeupalley forum are raving about it. Very Happy
siriusalien
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Do you know if it is good for mild wrinkeling, or just pigmentation?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 8:56 am      Reply with quote
It's supposed to help both.
There are a lot of great reviews about it at MUA.

You can go here - http://www.makeupalley.com/board/board.asp?bid=6 and type MaMa lotion and read what people say Very Happy
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
iv used it to try to control my acne and fade the scars, but iv had no luck with it and it might have irritated my skin and made it worse cos after using it, my skins red and a tiny bit itchy

im pretty sure i saw some samples of it selling on ebay so maybe u could give it a try Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 10:28 am      Reply with quote
It is too strong for me. I also didn't like the fragrance and film it left behind.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I used it for many months, but then decided that it really didn't do anything special for my skin & that it actually was irritating my skin. But there are a lot of people who love it & find that it works great for them.

I think that this is just like every other skincare product out there - it will work great for some, it will be so-so for some, and some will hate it.

I recommend trying to get some samples & trying it to see how it works for your skin. When I wanted to try it, I contacted http://www.skincarerx.com and they sent me some free samples to try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Another one I have never heard of. You gals are always ahead of the curves Smile
miko
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I started using mama lotion and I was very exited because I really thought it will help with me acne. Now I'm a little bit disappointed, it does feel making my skin smooth and brighter but unfortunately it does not help with my acne. Can you suggest any other product that will really help with this annoying acne problem?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
miko wrote:
I started using mama lotion and I was very exited because I really thought it will help with me acne. Now I'm a little bit disappointed, it does feel making my skin smooth and brighter but unfortunately it does not help with my acne. Can you suggest any other product that will really help with this annoying acne problem?

how long have you been using it? You might need to pick up a spot treatment in addition.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I started maybe a 3 weeks ago. Is that too early? What other spot treatment I can use?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
miko wrote:
I started maybe a 3 weeks ago. Is that too early? What other spot treatment I can use?

I would give it more time, in my opinion. I've had great results with MaMa Lotion but it took 6 weeks for me to see results (that said you might not get the same results, but that is okay!)

As for a spot treatment, that's a little tricky. You shouldn't use other actives with the MaMa Lotion unless you wait 30 minutes or so to give the ML time to work. I spot treat on my "off" nights (I use ML every other night) though I haven't had to spot treat a lot.

You can use various products...JM Bioglycolic bioclear cream is fabulous for touch acne. I love it. I use Payot Speciale 5 lotion (more like a toner) to spot treat, mainly because I completely forgot I ordered it from Bliss and it showed up on my doorstep 3 months after I ordered it (it had been on backorder, but I hate it that Bliss doesn't communicate well in regards to backordered items).

I plan on giving Skyn Iceland Blemish Gel a try once I get rid of the Payot.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:12 am      Reply with quote
I loved my sample of MaMa lotion so much, that i ordered the large size!

I use it about 3 nights a week. Acne scars gone. Pigmentation lessened, if not almost all gone. Broken capillaries gone. Fine lines on forehead gone. Skin more even. Less (if any) breakouts, even monthly hormonal breakouts are 80% gone.

Fabulous!

For breakouts, nothing has worked like this for me since ProActiv, and i gave up on that crap a LONG time ago, (even though it worked and i had clear skin for my wedding), because ProActiv wrecked all my beautiful towels and pillowcases, and basically bleached everything i touched after applying it. ARGH. Never again.

Mama Lotion is as good as all the MUA reviews, for sure.

SKIN: 33,fair.My work env't is skin hell! (flight attend. = dryness&eye circles!) AM: Lavantine Cleansing Oil, squalane, ISOMERS carnosine complex (250x more pow'ful than Idebenone), eye cream varies, JuiceBeauty Antiox Serum, Anthelios SS. PM: Lavantine, squalane, Remergent DNA Repair. Want: Silk Dust
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Broken capillaries gone with MaMa Lotion?? Unbelievable! Gotta to get some.
miko
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:34 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much ParisTroika. I will keep using mama lotion because i do like what is doing to my face i guess it needs more time for the acne. Skyn Iceland Blemish Gel sound interesting, I may give it a try too.
Jesselyn
5% products discount

Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Are people still liking this? would appreciate any updates. Thanks!
miko
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I do. I've been using it regularly and I like it very much, it really clears my skin and makes it brighter and smoother. I am sticking to it.
amami aya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:43 am      Reply with quote
ive also been pleasantly surprised by mama lotion. i went through some initial darkening of hyperpigmentation but i suspect it was it all rising to the surface bc shortly after i started peeling and the pigmentation has definitely lessened!!! im hoping to continue to see good results!!
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:57 am      Reply with quote
I think i'll try this as well for my hyperpigmentation?

i'll have to find out if i can get it in UK

Regards

Kay
Jesselyn
5% products discount

Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:43 am      Reply with quote
how often are you guys using it & how soon did you see results? I'm on it alternate days & have been on it for 2 weeks. Haven't really noticed a difference yet!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using this for a few weeks now on my face and back every other night.
The skin on my face and back have definately become much smoother and the acne scarring on my back is fading.

The smoothing effect was immediate, and it has take 3-4 weeks to see fading of acne scars.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:20 am      Reply with quote
I've been using my sample for a while now and am about to purchase the full size. I don't really get any tingling sensation when I put it on. I know some people say they peel with it but I haven't as yet. Mabe once I've used it for longer. So far my skin is a lot brihter and smoother. I'm hoping with continued use I'll be able to get rid of some of the marks on my skin and blackheads!
Loumomofthree
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:47 am      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
I've been using my sample for a while now and am about to purchase the full size. I don't really get any tingling sensation when I put it on. I know some people say they peel with it but I haven't as yet. Mabe once I've used it for longer. So far my skin is a lot brihter and smoother. I'm hoping with continued use I'll be able to get rid of some of the marks on my skin and blackheads!

I have been using mama lotion for about a month. I was hoping it would help with slight hyperpigmentation and clogged pores on nose and chin area. I haven't seen much of a difference as of yet..I think my nose and chin are less clogged though, but not cured. I will finish it up but not sure if I will reorder. I will need to reseach acids, I am not sure if MaMa lotion is best for maturing (40 yr) skin.
anyone have any imput...
thanks, Lou
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:34 am      Reply with quote
thinking to get one too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
i tried a sample of this and found it too drying for my skin. I have sensitive/oily/combination skin.

Try a small amount on the side of the cheek for about a week and see how you get on.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |