Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Candy's Lip Service/Plumpers -- Urgent Question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
I started using Candy's Lip Service about 4 weeks ago. I love the texture and definitely felt that my lips were more hydrated but I never experienced any peeling that others had.

All of a sudden, my lips have gone crazy. They started getting dry, peeling and feeling weird kind of like I was getting a cold sore. But even though they feel weird, there is no cold sore and they are wonderfully plump. My best friend thought I got my lips done without telling her. She says it doesn't look at all like I have a cold sore.

Could this funny/tingling sensation be normal? I don't know what to think because it feels strange yet my lips look great.

Has anyone had any similar experiences?
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Oh dear, I have just experienced the very same thing....After weeks of using the product successfully, I woke up one morning to a seriously swollen upper lip (not the whole thing, just half. Real nice look!) and dry, crusty lips. A small area of my bottom lip was like that too. I thought maybe they had gotten sunburnt or that I was having some sort of allergic reaction to something (I didn't think it was the Lip Service because I had used that for weeks with no problem.) Anyway, after two really ugly weeks with bumpy, swollen, sore and crusty lips, they finally healed. I only used Aquafor during the healing time because they were so raw. Once my lips were back to usual, I thought it was safe to resume my original routine of twice a day Lip Service and guess what? Two days later, I woke up to raw and swollen lips! I am so bummed because I love this stuff!! I can't figure out why it took several weeks of use to cause this horrible reaction but I am really afraid to use it again. My little one keeps trying to tell me that my kisses are "crusty" but instead comes out with "rusty"!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 10:10 am      Reply with quote
I would definitely write to Candy about your experiences.

I have the Lip Service but I am not regular about applying it. Maybe you were using too much? What is the recommended usage? As it is a lip treatment and not a balm, I think you are supposed to only use it two times a day or so.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I have used Lip Service for about a month ... maybe longer ... but haven't had any adverse reactions to it. Early on I had some "sloughing" ... but since then my lips have been hydrated and lovely. Very Happy

I try to remember to use it twice a day ... but sometimes I forget to use it in the AM ... although I always seem to remember in the PM.

Have either of you contacted Candy to see what she says? She would be the best person to ask ... and she's a very forthcoming person/vendor. Very Happy No one knows the ingredients like she does ... and she may be able to give you some idea as to what is happening.

Good luck!

Mary

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Now that I have made connected my lip problems with the Lip Service, I will contact the company. As I mentioned, I was only using it twice a day, as indicated in the instructions (and sometimes only once a day), so I have no idea what happened. It was going so, so well in the beginning and I was really enjoying the rosy glow that my lips had all the time and the fuller feeling. Darn, darn, darn!
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I just wrote to Candy so I will get back to you all with any thoughts or ideas she might have.

I am wondering if there is an ingredient in the Lip Service that has caused my lips to become really hyper-sensitive to the sun and that maybe I had sun poisoning on my lips. I had several well-intentioned friends ask what the heck happened to my lips and they suggested that possibility. I have never had sun poisoning before nor any sensitivity/allergic reaction to a product before (and I am a product junkie!) so this baffles me.

I know this sounds pathetic after my two recent, miserable experiences with this product but I really, really want to find a way to continue using it The first couple of weeks were awesome and I loved the way that my lips looked and felt.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
It could be the matrixyl in the product. I had some issues with another product I used on my lips that contained Matrixyl 3000. My lips burned and they would continue to burn after removing the product. I discontinued using it directly on the lips almost immediately upon recommendation from the vendor so I didn't let it get out of hand. I'm now using a different peptide which works wonders on my lips. Perhaps your lips just cannot handle that particular peptide.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll figure it out.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Lip Service for about a month now.

I guess I'm one of those who didn't read the directions ... I often apply several times a day. One day I was in the sun/water all day. I ended up reapplying every 15 minutes.

My lips feel great - love the texture but hate the taste. I haven't noticed any peeling or unnatural puffiness.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using mine for a few weeks now and am still loving it. Haven't experienced any probs so far.

Definitely contact Candy and ask her advice. She's ever so helpful.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I love the texture and taste of the Lip Treatment. I haven't experienced any peeling as yet though, so I don't expect to now.

I'd stop using it if I were you and see if your lips return back to how they were.
hyguee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
shoot, i wish i had read this post before i ordered 2 tubes! This stresses me out. Did you have any warning that this was going to happen or did you just wake up with it? What's her return policy like? I was so eager to try it, now i'm fearful!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Candy's Lip Service for 2 months without any problems. This IS my HG for lips. I luv this stuff.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
My lips, after they were swollen, became dry, cracked and bleeding. I stopped using the product and applied emu oil and vaseline and my lips returned to normal after a week.

I had been in touch with Candy but before it got really bad.

I wonder if I reacted to the Matryxl and if she could make it without. I was going to try the tube I have again but I am a bit afraid.
hyguee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 10:51 am      Reply with quote
does she have a return policy?
hyguee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
does it help with fine lines above the lip?
brenpatsa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
I emailed Candy and boy, is she ever nice! She was concerned about what I shared and expressed genuine dismay at the misery that I experienced.

She is doing some research about the possible reasons that I may have had the problems that I did, especially after 4-6 weeks of using it with no problems whatsoever. We are both thinking that maybe the increased sun exposure that this time of year brings may have triggered the reaction that I had (perhaps specifically related to the Matrixyl). However, this is just speculation at this point; maybe I was just unlucky.

I know tons and tons of people use this product successfully, for even longer periods of time than I did. And, if it hadn't been so awesome for those 4-6 weeks, I wouldn't be trying to find a way for it still to work for me! I would just throw it away and move on! After my lips fully heal from this second go-round, I am thinking of experimenting yet again, but wearing a sunscreen of some sort on my lips. (We all should be anyway, right?) If I have the same problem yet again, I will then throw in the towel and sadly throw my tubes away.....
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
VMP40 wrote:
My lips, after they were swollen, became dry, cracked and bleeding. I stopped using the product and applied emu oil and vaseline and my lips returned to normal after a week.

I had been in touch with Candy but before it got really bad.

I wonder if I reacted to the Matryxl and if she could make it without. I was going to try the tube I have again but I am a bit afraid.

well if "bleeding" def DO NOT TRY AGAIN! you are having an extreme reaction, and perhaps it is to the matrix 3000 as bluesheart suggested. I'd def stay away from anything that causes that type of reaction. I've used this for months now with great results, and some peelingect...but no real problems at all. I am sure Candy will tell you the same.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |