Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Actifirm anyone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Actifirm products were recently recommended to me. Especially the enzyme mask as an alternative to harsher, acid based ones for reactive skin.
Has anyone used Actifirm products?
Thanks.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 17, 2007 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
I used them for a brief period of time. I used the peel, also. I did not think it was "all that". Nice products, and very gentle, just nothing miraculous!
Melona
5% products discount

Thu May 17, 2007 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the Actifirm peel, serum and cream. I've now forgotten the names. The line is very gentle and I thought it was more for calming the skin than anything else.

I didn't think the peel was all that though- nodramatic difference than any other enzyme mask. I actually think microdermabrasion scrubs like Dr. Brandt or PTR gave better exfoliation. I recently bought the Hydropeptide Vitamin C peel/scrub. I've used it once and have loved the result I had with it. Similar to Philosophy microdelivery peel but only much better!

I liked the serum which I found hydrating and soothing. I loved the faint fresh botanical scent of the Actifirm. The cream was light but hydrating and calming. I think the line is good if you have no major problems with skin, e.g pigmentation, acne, sun damage etc. But I didn't see any dramatic difference on my skin and much prefer Jan Marini Bioclear to address the abovementioned skin conditions.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks.
It was suggested because my skin is so reactive. But I guess there's a tradeoff: less impact but no irritation.
Delicate balance.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it but it seems to me there are as good if not better enzyme masks for much less $ (and bigger quantities) - Pevonia, JM, Ren, Murad, PSF and others). Very Happy

Even the Z.Bigatti and Tracy Martyn enzyme masks are cheaper (for one OZ. product) Rolling Eyes
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
lbianca wrote:
I haven't tried it but it seems to me there are as good if not better enzyme masks for much less $ (and bigger quantities) - Pevonia, JM, Ren, Murad, PSF and others). Very Happy

Even the Z.Bigatti and Tracy Martyn enzyme masks are cheaper (for one OZ. product) Rolling Eyes

Great. Thanks.
Any chance you know which products are AHA free?
Or am I confused, are the enzymes AHA products? My understanding was the actifirm enzyme mask was about mushroom enzymes not AHA. So less irritating. Or something.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Hum... PSF and Bigatti do have AHA/BHA in them.
I think Pevonia and maybe Murad don't. Maybe Ren doesn't either (couldn't find a list of ingrediets).
IS it such a problem for you if they have some AHA/BHA in them?
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
lbianca wrote:
Hum... PSF and Bigatti do have AHA/BHA in them.
I think Pevonia and maybe Murad don't. Maybe Ren doesn't either (couldn't find a list of ingrediets).
IS it such a problem for you if they have some AHA/BHA in them?

The actifirm mask was recommended because it didn't have AHA or other acides in it, rather "mushroom enzymes," which wouldn't cause reactive skin to ... react. So I was told. Not sure what it would do, so asking.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
where do you get this?
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
helenzwl wrote:
where do you get this?

If you google "actifirm" you'll find many sites: skinstore, spalook, makeup, lovelyskin, amazon, and etc.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:47 am      Reply with quote
EDS just carry this line. Good to try.
havana8

Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
helenzwl wrote:
where do you get this?

Here's the link helenzwl:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/actifirm-anti-aging.htm

Smile
mimi57
5% products discount

Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:51 am      Reply with quote
*sorry, my caps won't work tonight lol*
i began using actifirm as a new regime after hearing great things about it on a qvc beauty board i stumbled on, then bought samples to try on ebay as i like to if possible before committing to buying full size.
i really like the actifirm firm serum/gel, it has many good things in it and it makes your skin feel great, smoooth tight and calm...or if more hydration is needed their renovation serum/gel is lovely too..i go back and forth.
I then apply their renovation eye cream, but a new one is out, a duo and i really want it, then I use moisture boost a very hydrating no break out or milia type of moisturizer at least for me, and it's calming line as someone said...and there's no aha's in these, you really only need a litle bit.. i use my own glycolic separately along with my own c serum at night skinmedica.
actifirm is sold here and qvc too and skin stores if you look...i had never heard of it until recent but will stick with it Smile.
My skin is good, it's normal, i'm 51.. need some help with a drivers dark spot though! grrr
the z peel which i got as a sample Smile (they send great sized samples my orders) was a 10% and it made my face non-reactive and it was smooth-loved the stuff Wink .
it can be used daily.
i'm going to buy and use 3 times a week instead of my aha's for a bit...a wee bit covers your whole face!! really amazed me!
nice line in my opinion and you can incorporate your other things with it...i saw the vendor on qvc...this is how i learned about it.
oh got their neck/decolette cream it's like most, just a light cream-lotion..but feels nice and hydrating and not heavy/greasy like some i've had which clogged my skin on my neck like milia, but it just came so i'll see how it goes.
havana8

Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
What perfect timing! EDS recently added the Actifirm Discovery Kit that includes most of the products mentioned in your review, mimi57:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/actifirm-discovery-kit-p_10019.htm
mimi57
5% products discount

Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:12 am      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
What perfect timing! EDS recently added the Actifirm Discovery Kit that includes most of the products mentioned in your review, mimi57:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/actifirm-discovery-kit-p_10019.htm

I'd give it a try Havana8
still getting compliments on my skin...oh, and my g/f who has Rosacea has been using the Face Firm and the 10% peel and she just last week has had people tell her how nice her skin is...she also has adult hormonal acne flare ups...but it is in check now.
She was happy I helped her I love to (being a nurse..it's in the blood lol) and at times I forget to use my foundation..very odd for me as I enjoy 'making up' my face w/foundation but reached for my powder after some concealer and thought 'omgosh my foundation is not on' lol.
So, I am a happy camper so far with this line, glad they carry this line here now. Smile
Smile
Amyalex
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:21 am      Reply with quote
Just FYI - Hautelook has some Actifirm products at good prices, but only for another hour and half (til 8am PT/11ET).
rayna
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:28 am      Reply with quote
I first found this on skincare.com. I always want to know if this is really good brand?
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |