Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Anyone find it hard to include fav products into routine?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 12:48 am      Reply with quote
My skincare routine is getting too complicated Surprised

So i use IFP pearl powder, BHA
Just got Candy's firming serum today.
Use Retin A 3-4 times per week
Have vitamin c serum - im having trouble fitting in.

How can I use candy's Firming Serum twice a day when i use retin a at night? I know some say you shouldnt put anything on top of retin a but maybe I should anyway? I want to get the full benefit of matrixyl but want the full benefits of retin a too Neutral

I use pearl powder in the am, will then have to apply candy's serum, then sunscreen. Which means the c serum may have to go as I dont like layering too many products at once.

Ive just ordered GOW azulene cream, i have some Seakelp Im really liking as well. Ugh i need to simplify things.

Can Seakelp be mixed in with my sunscreen? I dont want to give this up but cant add it to the pearl powder. Not sure if it can be added to Candy's? Im really liking it so want to keep it in my routine(the seakelp)

Sorry if this post sounds a bit all over the place, Im trying to work out the best way to do things without layering 5 products on my face at once Rolling Eyes

Has anyone got any DIY recipe that includes Matrixyl, seakelp and pearl powder as Im thinking I may have to come up with something that includes all of them in 1 formulation.

Does anyone else find it hard to fit things in? Is it better to just pick a couple of favourites and just use them?

Thanks Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi carol,
I hear you loud and clear. I have that problem too - got to a point where I almost thought I should write a roster for my produts.
What works for me is to have one skincare routine for Mon/Wed/Fri and another for Tue/Thurs and weekends.

I do use up to 4-5 products on some days but its worth it to get the benefits of the products. Sorry I can't be of more help but I don't use IFP pearl powder, matrixyl or GOW azulene cream or Seakelp.

Good Luck
Dips
puregdstuf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
lol.. this sounds so familiar. Like how many layers of serums can i apply.. sometimes i get confused and so worked out an alternate day routine but sometimes i'm so lazy to remember, i just slap on some moisturiser and so to sleep.
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 1:41 am      Reply with quote
I read somewhere that your skin can become oversaturated with a product after a few weeks, and the active ingredients aren't quite as effective.

I rotate my skincare every month, in case that's true. Also it prevents boredom and I can pretend I just got a new product because I haven't used it in a few months!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 2:53 am      Reply with quote
rotate? as in use 1 set for a month then another? Hmm.. will this be more effective then alternating?
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 4:03 am      Reply with quote
LOL at the Roster suggestion. It feels like I need to write a schedule sometimes Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 4:24 am      Reply with quote
I'm one of those people who use too many products. I'm just greedy and want all the benefits of all the products I use. I've tried layering before, but as my skin is so sensitive, I find it can be too much for my skin. What I've been doing is alternating. I alternate between Avene Ystheal and CSRx Age-Limit Refinishing Serum every other night with Naturderm moisturizers on top of CSRx and emu oil mixed with Yonka Serum on top Avene. As for the morning routine, I just stick with vit c serum. As for cleansers, I use Eve Lom cleanser when I wear Avene sunscreen or makeup. On the days I only wear The Organic Pharmacy sunscreen I use Babor Cleansing Oil as I feel it's enough to remove non heavy duty sunscreen. Also, I exfoliate with Jurlique Face Wash Cream every morning while in the evening I get the exfoliating benefit from using muslin cloth with EL Cleanser. I'm not sure if you can actually mix Seakelp with sunscreen. Wouldn't it be better to mix it with a moisturizer you're using? Just a thought. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Yes Ive decided to mix the Seakelp with the Azulene cream when I get it. Im mixed some with a moisturiser i use and think I put too much in. It made it too runny and its not as moisturising now.

I think I better just add a little at a time next time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I don't like to layer too many products at one time either, so I do the alternating day routine. My morning stays the same, but at night I alternate. I am tempted to try alternating every few months as another option though. I'm wondering if that might be better in keeping my skin on "it's toes". I really want to try some of the Kate Somerville products, so I might try those for a few months and then alternate with my current IS Clinical routine.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |