Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Food and Workout Log Sheet for staying in shape
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
OK, here is a blank copy of the food and workout log sheet that Sandy and I fill out everyday. We use this to insure that we will be in top shape on June 30 for the Arizona State Bodybuilding Competition. Feel free to use this as a guide to keep you on track for sure, and it may open your eyes to exactly how good (or how bad) you are really eating. I assure you that eating right can really positively effect the shape and texture of your skin as well. This is a blank sheet so hopefully you can copy it and then make hard copies for yourself to use.

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Here is how we usually fill out the work sheet. We put down all the workout information including length of time. Then, we register all meals with grams of protein, carbs, and fat. We also total up calories although I am more concerned with the RATIO of protein to carbs to fat. Changing this ratio is how you can manipulate your body size and shape VERY, VERY effectively and easily. This particular sheet is over 11 years old, almost to the day, so it shows you just how long I've been using this technique.

It works....period.

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 18, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Well, we have certainly seen the proof that this works for you and Sandy! Very Happy

Thanks for sharing this, John!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Wow...i just read through the food log and that's a LOT of food!
I know I'm a slow eater, but if I had to eat all that in one day (let alone prepare it) I'd never get anything done. Certainly wouldn't have time to get to the gym Laughing Don't know how you do it!
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 12:31 am      Reply with quote
John C. Hill wrote:
Here is how we usually fill out the work sheet. We put down all the workout information including length of time. Then, we register all meals with grams of protein, carbs, and fat. We also total up calories although I am more concerned with the RATIO of protein to carbs to fat. Changing this ratio is how you can manipulate your body size and shape VERY, VERY effectively and easily. This particular sheet is over 11 years old, almost to the day, so it shows you just how long I've been using this technique.

It works....period.

John

Magnificent!!!

Much nicer than my handwritten/xeroxed worksheets!

I'll print up two of each per day and put them in my fitness/food journal. Two of each because I like to have "Planned" workout and food intake for the day, and then another sheet for "Actual" in case there's a difference between the two.

Thank, John!!!

John[/quote]

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Another thing I find helpful for us food journal folks is to keep in a section of the notebook a list of frequently consumed food counts, and copies of recipes to try.

I just started "bootcamp" and it's kicking my butt!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
This is very similiar to the logs I got from bodybuilding.com

I am doing this program right here:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/guideword.htm

Here's the meal plan log:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/guide7a.htm

And my exercise log:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/guide7b.htm

I like john's logs better I may switch over to those. Also I use fitday.com

And yes I do bodybuilding.com but I am not a huge bulky female bodybuilder I just have nice muscles Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
Very nice log. Thanks for sharing. Just wondering how you know how many calories the food you prepare yourself has. I don't know unless I eat things that have nutrition facts on the label like cereal, oatmeal, prepared food bought from stores with nutrition facts label. So if you buy ingredients separately and cook yourself, how would you know the calories?
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I keep track of my credit card for the past two years. Maybe I should start my exercise sheet.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Very nice log. Thanks for sharing. Just wondering how you know how many calories the food you prepare yourself has. I don't know unless I eat things that have nutrition facts on the label like cereal, oatmeal, prepared food bought from stores with nutrition facts label. So if you buy ingredients separately and cook yourself, how would you know the calories?

you can go to fitday.com for a free program that helps you keep track. Okay say you make yourself a sandwich from multiple ingredients.. first you'd look up your bread, then you'd look up your turkey for example (food scales help at first in determining what an ounce is for example) and then cheese or whatever else.. its ALL on fitday (I LOVE that website).. or you can google a calorie counter of your choice. It all comes down to though being good with serving sizes. I have a little food scale but after years I've learned to eyeball things.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |