Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Oh no...I think I got a lemon Quasar. Only 5 lights work?!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the red light professional quasar a few months ago. I don't usually look at the light it emmits but today I looked and only 5 leds were working. I switched it off and noticed a few leds were pinkish, but none of these pinkinsh led emmited any lights. The other non working LEDs were clear. I thought LEDs were supposed to last a long time? The weird thing is that the only 5 working LEDs were evenly spaced. Maybe there is something wrong with the circuiting? I tried calling the number on the website and nobody picked up. Anyone out there have the same unit and noticed any of their LED bulbs blowing out?
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 19, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I just checked mine (I have the Quasar SP ... which I've been slacking off about using lately Sad ) and on each of the three settings (green, orange and red) there looks to be 12 lights that are visibly lit up (in rows of 4 each). The other 12 lights are the infrared lights. I do have one problem with mine ... it won't turn off unless I unplug it .. but otherwise it works fine. If you have the SP model and are only seeing 5 lights lit up, then that doesn't sound right. Sad I would try calling them on Monday and see what they say ... they should replace it for you if it isn't working properly (I kept meaning to get a replacement for mine ... since it won't turn off ... but I've been lazy about getting around to it).
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I have a lightstim which is similar to quasar. On my users manual it says:

some of the lightstim lights will look as as though they are not working. They ARE working. They are emitting infrared light at a wavelenghth that the human eye cannot see. Each light is factory tested before packaging to ensure all is in working order.

When you turn on the lightstim you will see red lights come on. If the right lights dont turn on, there is something wrong with the light or the power transformer. If this is the case, return it to the distributor you purchased from for immediate handling.

HTH
fanclubs
5% products discount

Mon May 21, 2007 12:30 am      Reply with quote
I tried contacting AdvanThera - Alex directly but no one replied to my emails for a long time. Then another colleague replied through Alex's email and said he had actually left the company! I am worried that all the knowledgeable people are leaving...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 6:04 am      Reply with quote
I talked to Alex about 2 weeks ago and learned that James was on indefinite leave. I would call again and try until you reach someone. It is true that not all the lights will be visible to the eye. Can't remember how many the full size Quasar had on per frequency, but 5 is not jogging the memory. Maybe someone who has one can comment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Both Quasar SP and Baby Quasar has 24 LEDs. 12 Red (Quasar: 5mm, BQ: 3mm) and 12 Infrared. You should see 12 LEDs light up.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 6:52 am      Reply with quote
*moderated to remove customer service content*
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
Advanced Therapeutics wrote:

????HUH????

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 2:12 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much for your responses. I wanted to make sure it wasn't me who was using it incorrectly or imagined there were more visible lights before. I've gotten a hold of someone and he was nice enough to tell me to send it back to get repaired. There are always lemons in all manufactured products. I don't think it's a refection of quality as nobody else seemed to have my problem. The product is great but I'm just sad i'll be without my quasar for awhile.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Angelina:

If you have a Quasar SP, they should replace it overnight for the 1st year and 2nd air for the 2nd year.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 6:24 am      Reply with quote

Could one of the moderators tell us what this means, and why it has been done please?

TIA
Ricky
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |