Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Review: Jergens Natural Glow Firming Moisturizer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I've been a fan of the original formula of this since it came out. The firming formula is new this year and I think it's better in a couple small ways.

It's not as sticky as the original. It dries quickly and leaves skin soft and feeling moisturized.

The scent is better and the 'developing' smell doesn't seem to be as offensive. In fact, I can hardly smell it.

As for the firming part-- I don't know yet! I've used it three times (I'm getting some nice, natural-looking color). It's more expensive than the original (a dollar or two more). Hopefully in a couple weeks my thighs will be identical to Gisele Bundchen's...

What? You don't think so? Laughing
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 21, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing I think I'm going to start following you around just for the laughs cause I sure could use them! Thanks for the review!
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 7:06 am      Reply with quote
NOOOOO, don't stalk my ridiculously fake-tanned self and my super model thighs! I mean it! Don't!

(But if you do, I'll secretly love it, and I won't hold it against you.)

Laughing
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, violetanne. If only they could add an SPF to this, life would be perfect. Good luck with super-model thighs!!! Remember,you'll need to get shoes to show these off.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 11:40 am      Reply with quote
I've used this recently. I don't know if it firmed my skin or not but it looked great for a few days, but after building up some, my legs were looking a little orangey. I don't know if I just used too much or what because my arms were looking fine. So I try to use it a few days back off and then back to it. Last summer I used a coppertone gradual tan and I don't think I got orangey, I picked some up this morning and am going to compare them since I just used the Jergens firming one.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
I've used this recently. I don't know if it firmed my skin or not but it looked great for a few days, but after building up some, my legs were looking a little orangey. I don't know if I just used too much or what because my arms were looking fine. So I try to use it a few days back off and then back to it. Last summer I used a coppertone gradual tan and I don't think I got orangey, I picked some up this morning and am going to compare them since I just used the Jergens firming one.

Do you use a scrub before fake tanning? I find that my knees will look orangey if I'm not good about scrubing.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
No, I don't. I shave, but not a scrub - maybe I'll try that! Although my orangey tone wasn't globbed in a certain area, it was more the overall color. Maybe my natural skin tone doesn't work well with it or too many days in a row.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I found that Jergen's turned me orangey, too. I really like Banana Boat's Everyday Glow Daily Moisturizer in medium (I use fair in other brands, but Banana Boat fair is too fair). The color is totally natural, and it goes on great. Because I want firming (gravity sucks), however, I just started using Nivea's firming one, but it's too early to tell if I like it.

charis wrote:
No, I don't. I shave, but not a scrub - maybe I'll try that! Although my orangey tone wasn't globbed in a certain area, it was more the overall color. Maybe my natural skin tone doesn't work well with it or too many days in a row.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I think it must have something to do with skin tone whether or not a fake tanner turns you orange. I have pink-toned skin, and the jergens works for me.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I've tried both the Jergen's and the Bananna Boat. I personally got better color from the Bananna Boat. I did actually get a nice color from the Jergen's but I know some other women who turn orangy with it like charis does. I think it must have something to do with your skin tone.

I absolutely hated the smell of the Jergen's - so much that I threw most of it away. They're obviously aware of this, so that may no longer be an issue. I haven't tried the new firming one, but I'll be interested in seeing your progress, Violetanne. I have never found a firming lotion that actually firms. I wonder how much of Candy's DMAE it'd take to cover my thighs. hmmm...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |