Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Glycolic peel........new lines on chin overnight!!!HELP!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mrsflweb

Thu Jul 15, 2004 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
I did two peels 30% glycolic, also used 15% glycolic night cream and 10% glycolic cleanser.The peels were done one week apart. I have to tell you, I all of a sudden have a chin that looks like an old woman. I"m freaking out. I stopped everything for 3 weeks and am now using only copper and emu oil to see if I can undo damage and a mild cleanser at night and morning. I also did another peel, 3rd one yesterday in hopes that this is just an in between stage. Has anyone on this board experienced this?
thanks,
Peggy
Sweet_Angel
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I have a similar problem right now & my skin looks like "frog's skin" or probably "bull dog's" Laughing Laughing
I applied the Lactrex lactic acid 12% cream with 25% vit C in hope it would reduce pigmentation. What a thing to do Laughing Well, anyway, Abejita kindly suggested I apply Burt Bee carrot cream & my skin has improved a bit with just one application. So, don't worry, I'm sure ur present condition is reversible.

Does ur skin feel 'ultra dry' or 'stretched' as well? If I were u, I would apply some really thick cream like cocoa butter without alcohol in it. Even aloe vera gel/cream without alcohol should work. The carrot cream thingy is so soothing & cool, what a relief Very Happy

Hope u recover soon. Take care

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
P.S: I would stop all glycolic products if I were u. I use cetaphil cleanser & the burt bee carrot stuff. Very cool, soothing feeling. I plan to do this for one week & after that use something for the 'extra' wrinkles.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:40 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

What you are experiencing is very common to people who overdo it with the AHA's. This is strong stuff and if you overdo it you can really dry out your skin and that's where the lines come from - dehydration. Stop them now in order to get your skin back to it's original state. After that you can go back to them if you wish but with an easy does it attitude. With AHA's more is not always better. Some skin types can tolerate them well but not everyone.

Your skin needs to be well hydrated just as Sweet_Angel suggested. Her recommendations are excellent. Even applying Vitamin E straight from a capsule at bedtime would help you. Some other oils that would be excellent are: Apricot Kernel, Avocado, Jojoba, Almond, Sheabutter, Rose, Pure Carrot Oil and then, of course, ther's Dr. Hauschka's Rose Day Cream (yes, I had to get that one in) which is very soothing and hydrating. Good Luck!
mrsflweb

Fri Jul 16, 2004 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, this happened to me once before from using too much copper on my face. I think I did that again too, along with too much ,too soon aha's. So, I was told to just use a few drops of the copper, diluted and emu oil. Emu oil is one of the only oils that penetrate to the deep layers of the skin. I already see a difference in one day. Also, wait till you hear this one, but there is a site that goes into the unbelievable effects of using Miracle Whip on your face. People are swearing this stuff not only works, but say the results will astound you. So, I just told my hubby to bring some home from work. the board is called icompact. I learned about it on the skinbio board.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 17, 2004 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I've got a post along lines of 'burnt my face off with acid' lower down and although I do have some redness left, my skin has recovered, but it was VERY dry and lined for a week or two (after the scabs dropped off). I used a 50% peel and left it on too long, but I have used a 30% one and the instructions for both were very specific about not using any other aha/bha products for at least 24 hours afterwards, though I'd have thought it best not to use any whilst doing the 6 week course anyway.
In terms of recovering, I agree about keeping well moisturised and you could also try taking some EPO and make sure you are hydrating yourself from the inside, in otherwords have a drink of water Smile
hope that helps, Liz

5% products discount

Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Another good cream recomended by my derm is Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream (the stuff in the green and white tub). Yes it is for the body but is does wonders on dry skin on the face. At times I've experienced severe drying and peeling from Retin-A and this is what I use.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |