Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

has anyone used/is using Signature mineral make up?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
hi all!

i was on MUA and found Signature Minerals free samples link:

http://www.signatureminerals.com/free-samples.html

6 makeup samples in 5grams sift jar absolutely free but u have to pay for the postage----i dont use makeup often, only just to cover acne scars and pimples so i want something more gentler on my skin--- has anyone tried this brand of mmu, nothing comes up on the search?
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I just got my samples last week. I have only tried the "Angel" finishing powder. I love it!

The samples are VERY generous in size.

Lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
mom2tommax wrote:
I just got my samples last week. I have only tried the "Angel" finishing powder. I love it!

The samples are VERY generous in size.

Lori

hey mom2tommax,

have u used other brand's mmu?
how do they compare with signature minerals?

TIA
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I have sampled a lot of them. I can NOT wear MMU with bismuth so BE and many others are "out" for me". My current favorite is PureLuxe, which I love. However I didn't really like any of their finishing powders. Most left me too matte-looking (and with dry skin that means "too dry and ashy"). However a lot of other brands, the finishing powder (i.e. mineral veils) are too shiny/sparkly. The Signature Minerals "Angel" finishing powder is a light cream color and takes away some of the reddness of my skin. Love that!!!

Overall, it leaves my skin looking flawless and not overly shiny, but not too matte either. I like it, and will probably purchase the full-size.

Once I use some of the foundation samples, I will let you know how coverage compares to others I have used.

Lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 24, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
thanks Lori, iv read so many good things about pure luxe too...all the companies seem to be based in the US! so even when the samples are cheap, the shipping isnt

look forward to hearing out ur reviews on them Very Happy
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Well I have been using my Signature Minerals foundation samples all week, and thought I would get back to you with my thoughts.

I like this MMU alot. As much as PureLuxe, which is my favorite. Coverage is decent. The medium beige color I picked matches me perfectly. I love the ANGEL finishing powder. It leaves my skin looking flawless, but not shiny and not too dry. Also, this MMU wears very weel. It only looked better as the day went on. At night when I went to wash my face, I hated to do it because I still looked so good. Very Happy

I would definitely buy this product....so go ahead and give the samples a try. I think you'll like it too.

Lori

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
thanks very much Lori!

great to see that u picked the correct colour on your first purchase.

i am very tempted to give this a try seeing as its free and i only have to pay for the shipping...im gonna do it Very Happy . should get it by next week

seeing as i just ordered it now and cant really change the order...did u find that the foundation or concealers covered any scars/marks and acne?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I have used Signature minerals before as well. I think that they are nice products. Samples are large and easy to use since they are in the sifter jars. I like the yellow concealer for dark circles. The multi-purpose was a little too dark for me. As I remember, it gave pretty good coverage, just would have preferred it to be a little lighter. I don't have scar or acne issues but am trying to cover some pigmentation. I would not recommend the long handled kabuki brush since it sheds way too much. The concealer brush was good. Hope you enjoy the products.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I actually picked out 3 different foundation shades. The middle shade is perfect so the shade that is a little darker will be good later this summer I hope.

I found the multi-tasking concealer too dark. I am trying to cover some brown spots (from sun damage) on my cheekbones. It's too dark so it makes them more obvious. I have found that mixing this multi-tasking concealer with the Angel finishing powder (about 50/50) works well to conceal these spots after applying the foundation.

I think the coverage is good, and if you pre-conceal with the foundation, you probably will be able to cover any marks you have.

Let us know how you like it. Have you tried other MMU before?

Lori

The multi-tasking concealer was a bit too dark for me, so I mixed it

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
no i havent tried other MMU before, i dont usually wear makeup either...only a little bit of concealer for my pimples and scars. i cant be bothered getting up that early to do my makeup, cos the whole cleansing and moisturising taking at least 20minutes, incorporating makeup would at least take me a good hour! id rather sleep more Laughing

i would love to try some other MMUs- Laura Mercier (if i can find a counter), PureLuxe, Lilylolo (cos its based in the UK). but i gotta see if my credit card can handle it!

will let u know how the Signature Minerals goes when it arrives!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Where is this company based?
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="tweety"]Where is this company based?[/quote]

USA

here is contact info:

Signature Minerals
5184 Caldwell Mill Road, Suite 204
PMB 250
Hoover, AL 35244
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a sample set...but I did six eye shadows.

I'm excited to try the shadows...I'm set on my MMU but I love buying sample sets with eyeshadows because they last forever!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I'm set on my MMU but I love buying sample sets with eyeshadows because they last forever!

hi PT,

which MMU line do u use?

Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
I layer Everyday Minerals (matte formula) over LM Tinted Moisturizer.

Though I might switch to the silk creme instead why my TM runs out Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I had ordered a sample kit a while ago. It was IIRC $5.84 to ship to Canada.

I like the Tierra light eye shadow. I also ordered two other eye shadows, two concealers. I got a nice bronzer also (gran Marier?) that makes a nice eye shadow. I am quite happy with my foundations right now so I did not try the foundations.

I like Jenulence (former Alpha skin care) for a heavier coverage. I also like Lumiere Velvet veena for medium coverage. I have oily skin.

It is a nice sample kit; wrapped nicely and generous size jars of products. They also let you pick eye shadows. Quite a few sample kits do not let you pick eye shadows at all. (you could purchase separately.) This is one of the better sample kit offers IMO.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
my samples are on its way! recieved the email that its been shipped!

i ordered:
3 foundations
3 concealers

but then i went to order from everyday minerals (its free again Very Happy ) but ur only allowed to choose 3 foundations, 1 concealer and 1 blush...but still good
http://www.everydayminerals.com/g?t=kits

cant wait for them both to arrive Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
but then i went to order from everyday minerals (its free again Very Happy ) but ur only allowed to choose 3 foundations, 1 concealer and 1 blush...but still good

Everyday is offering sample kits again?? I did order one last September (with a premium kabuki brush as an add on.) Is this your second order?

They have added new finishing powders (silk) and new foundation colours. I wish they would offer sample sizes like everyone. I would like to buy samples of blush and eye shadows (not mini sizes.)
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:00 am      Reply with quote
autumn95 wrote:

Everyday is offering sample kits again?? I did order one last September (with a premium kabuki brush as an add on.) Is this your second order?

They have added new finishing powders (silk) and new foundation colours. I wish they would offer sample sizes like everyone. I would like to buy samples of blush and eye shadows (not mini sizes.)

this is only my first order with them, however, a while back i tried to order but was refused by their website cos they didnt recognise my address.
so i tried again, emailing them my order and got thru.
maybe u can try emailing them for samples?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for good news.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:12 am      Reply with quote
i received my package!

i got 3 foundations and 1 soft mint concealer, 1 multitasking concealer and 1 light touch concealer. i didnt like any of the concealers as they were too light and seemed to draw attention to the spots and dark cirles.

as for the foundations, they kind of looked cakey on me, it looked like i had loads on. all of the three colours seemed to match my skin though, but it just looked really fake and unreal on my skin. but i will continue finishing the foundations, probably using a very very thin layer to even out my skin.

i did like the CS though. very friendly, fast efficient shipping and it was wrapped really nice with generous sized sample jars. but i dont think im going to re-order from them though

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have decided to NOT use the signature minerals as even usign it as a finishing powder makes my face look cakey and powdery...I have received the Everyday minerals and comparing the two, everyday minerals is a lot better

Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |