Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Suffering from Gallstones ... ; (
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
I had another gallstone attack at 1:30am on Monday night. Way to end the long weekend! I've had a couple attacks before - I have already been referred to a surgeon to get the gallbladder removed, but my first appt isn't until July (yes, it took 5 months to get referred). It was so bad I went to emerg, but all I got was painkillers (which is better than nothing ...) I was hoping for a removal, but no luck.

I know foods are a trigger, but whenever I've had my attacks, I haven't been able to relate it back to a certain food. My first attack came after I had fish for dinner, this last one I had a homemade pasta casserole.

Does anyone else suffer? And if so, what do you do for relief? Also, what do you eat when you are getting (recovering from) an attack, since I have no appetite and am really not in the mood to eat, but I'm sure some of my tummy pains relate to having no food in the belly.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 23, 2007 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
It's usually associated with high protein or high fat meats, since the gallbladder secretes bile to help digest fats.
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Well I can safely say that I will suffer from gallstones no more! After I posted above, my pain got worse and I started to turn yellow (yellower than our canary coffee cup, according to my SO), so we headed back to emerg, and they admitted me as my pancreas was inflammed/infected. It was confirmed that my gallstones had clogged my bile duct (the tube where excess bile that is normally stored in your gallbladder which goes into your intestines) and I was getting pancrititus as a result. So they ended up taking my gallbladder out, and I've been on my way to recovery ever since.

I'm not allowed to lift more than 5 lbs for 6 weeks (so another 3), which is tough at times. But I had great care at the hospital I went to, and I am very happy for that.

edenfield, you're right, it is usually associated with fatty, greasy or spicy foods, however this wasn't the case for me. It is also associated with chocolate or other acidic foods. Since I'm only 26, my body doesn't have a lot of wear like people my senior do that often suffer from this. My doctors mentioned that if your body's gone through recent weight fluctuations, this will also impact your body's ability to digest certain types of foods. They also say that it isn't hereditary, but I think how a body digests certain foods is, and since gallstones run in my family, I'd say that may have played into things as well.
rsmcclain
5% products discount

Sat Jun 16, 2007 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Ulana, I'm glad you were finally able to get this problem taken care of! Get well soon!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Ulana, Glad you finally got it taken care of! It's horrid the way the medicos delay treatment! And I know - I worked in the industry for so long. Poor baby, but hope you are recovering nicely!
Fawnie

Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |