Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Tips from Dips18 - Mar07 Heliocare & TCA update
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - hope all is well with everyone.
I am reposting this as someone on another forum thought it was spam and I didn't want people to think it was spam and not read it as i think I have mentioned some things here that could be very helpful to others with my skin problems and it took me ages to type so I don't want that to go wasted javascript:emoticon('Smile')
Hope you find it interesting. Hope this helps some of you. I just want to share as much as possible to help anyone who needs help with acne / eletrolysis scarred / pigmented skin and to give something back to all the lovely ladies on this forum that have helped me so much. I know many of you are experienced peelers but for those thinking about it - heres some personal experience info that might help.

1) HELIOCARE - I have taken this once daily for the last three months as well as a good sunscreen and It definitely gave me a natural healthy glow and my skin felt less inflamed and didn't get so 'hot' when caught in the sun. On the days I missed it I could feel my skin reacting to the rays and I personally felt my skin looked slightly darker on those days.
Ingredients: Heliocare contains Green tea extract, Beta-carotene and an extract of the Polypodium leucotomos (a kind of fern).
UV Sun Protection in Capsules protecting solar skin damage from the inside out. Heliocare® is an oral dietary supplement with antioxidant properties which helps maintain the skin's ability to protect against sun related effects and aging.* Currently Heliocare® (Polypodium leucotomos extract) is the only agent known to provide systemic photoprotection, making it a major scientific breakthrough in sun protection. It works by sustaining the skin's natural ability to deal with sun (UV) related effects and aging.*
Heliocare is definitely NOT a substitute for good sunscreens and protective clothing. It is particularly useful for someone who is known to have sensitive skin, who has had skin treatments or who wishes to minimise the aging effects of the sun. It is simply another "layer"
of protection. It does not reverse damage.

Summer is coming to an end so I will be stopping Heliocare as there are books I have read that claim taking Heliocare for too long (ie 6 months) can inhibit the bodies ability to absorb Vitamin D (hmmmm funny that ). But as soon as summer arrives or if I go on holiday I will take them again for a month or two. NOTE: You still need to use a good sunscreen.

2) TCA 4 layer Peel on 15%:
So with the peel, I wanted to take it up a notch so that I could see faster results and decided to do a 4 layer peel on my face - yes I was a bit scared too ! But I did it in three large patches and later little touchups. So I got a few tips from a derm I know, tips to prepare and maximise the peel and minimise reactions so this is what I did. Please keep in mind I think I have pretty strong resilient skin.
1) Chewed 2 arnica tablets at least 15 mins before the peel.
2) Cleansed face twice and pat dry.
3) Rubbed the acetone wipes quite hard on the patch (so my first patch was my left cheek, top right of forehead and under jaw).
4) Diluted the TCA to a 15% solution. I dipped a q-tip that has like a little flat pad at the end into the solution - only enough so that the it absorbs and is not soaked.
5) For the first layer, I went over the area quite aggressively with the tip (was told by my derm that rubbing hard like this can make the TCA go deeper and pressing hard on the tip for the first layer can not only
equal two modest 'swiped' layers but will make your TCA bottle last longer as you will use less).
6) Waited 3-4 mins for the TCA to stop working.
7) I then added another small minute drop to the q-tip and then did the next layer but with less pressure on the tip and waited for the TCA to stop
working again (longer wait this time - 6 mins).
Cool Same as above step but again less and less pressure and longer wait time again. By this time it is starting to feel a bit tingly and stinging on some parts.
9) The 4th layer was for some real dark patches where I really only lightly swiped - so no pressure or rubbing. I frosted on both cheeks. A real white frost on the 4th layer spots.
10)I neutralised and then washed with cold water for a minute or two.
11) Once all tingling had stopped I applied Manuka Honey wound care UMF+18. This soothes the skin and brings any inflammation right down - fantastic stuff. I left this on for over an hour. You can apply to a guaze pad and tape this to your face but I just sat in my lounge with it over my face - it is sticky as it is honey afterall - tastes nice too.
12) Lastly I chewed another arnica tab.
Well lots of peeling and then some more. Especially under the jaw and chin area - like in sheets. Peeled for well over a week but the results have been so worth it - now I can really see a change in the colour of the pigmentation on my face. Since I did this is patches I could minimise how I looked at work. Small areas are still peeling.

Hope this helps some of you. I just want to share as much as possible to help anyone who needs help with acne / eletrolysis scarred / pigmented skin and to give something back to all the lovely ladies on this forum that have helped me so much. Might post this on EDS as well as that forum has been helpful as well.
PLACES TO BUY ABOVE:
So the Heliocare: The cheapest place I have found was netpharmacy.co.nz
(costs around $39NZD) which is approx $28USD. Think they ship internationally? And I think this is cheaper than what some people have paid elsewhere on this board or other forums.

Manuka Honey can be bought for a very reasonable price at: healthpost.co.nz I'm telling you, these prices are cheaper than my local healthshop. If you do purchase from them please if you don't mind, mention my name 'Dipika' as to how you found about their website. Shipping very reasonable as well, think he said it worked out, after currency conversion, to approx $6USD to the US? Even less for Australia. You can get a quote first : "way to do this is to go to healthpost.co.nz and go through the motions of purchasing the product except leave out card details and write "quote" in the comments box. This way they can give an accurate quote before anyone buys".
Comvita Woundcare 18+ Active Manuka Honey Ointment 60gm NZ$ 15.50 or
alternatively Comvita Active 20+ Manuka Honey, 250gm NZ$ 27.00

questions, own experience and input most welcome, please share you stories.
More to come from....dips Smile
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Dips, brilliant information! I am planning to do a major TCA peel like this - good idea on the 15% - I've had good experiences with 20% for spot treating but really like the idea of getting a nice peel going on.

What are your thoughts for this as an all-over? Do you think it would be better to do a 12.5% on the full face and then only this for trouble areas? I'm formulating a plan and would appreciate the input. Now, the work out how to avoid seeing people...that is the big question.

Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi scalawaggirl! Gosh you are my TCA guru - your post on TCA Cross is what gave me the confidence to give TCA Cross a go and then I took it one step further and did the 15% four layer peel. I am very tempted to do this all over in one go and almost did but then decided to do 3 large areas separately. I think I may do this in two areas next time. All over though I think we would really need some down time at least say 4 days as I peeled so much with 4 layers. Personally I would go for more than 12.5% - just too light and barely noticed any difference. BTW what trouble areas may I ask are you referring to? You don't have any!! At least not that I can see from your pics. My trouble areas - whew they are large. Only just getting under control.
I was really really flaky on the following Friday and ended up having to go out to a dinner. So what I did was I did a light shave to get rid of the peelies (had to be really careful and really just skimmed the surface) Then rubbed in a few drops of emu and it was sorted for the night.
Love to hear your plan. Dips
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
dips18 wrote:
Hi scalawaggirl! Gosh you are my TCA guru - your post on TCA Cross is what gave me the confidence to give TCA Cross a go and then I took it one step further and did the 15% four layer peel. I am very tempted to do this all over in one go and almost did but then decided to do 3 large areas separately. I think I may do this in two areas next time. All over though I think we would really need some down time at least say 4 days as I peeled so much with 4 layers. Personally I would go for more than 12.5% - just too light and barely noticed any difference. BTW what trouble areas may I ask are you referring to? You don't have any!! At least not that I can see from your pics. My trouble areas - whew they are large. Only just getting under control.
I was really really flaky on the following Friday and ended up having to go out to a dinner. So what I did was I did a light shave to get rid of the peelies (had to be really careful and really just skimmed the surface) Then rubbed in a few drops of emu and it was sorted for the night.
Love to hear your plan. Dips

Woman! Glad to have given you the confidence but a 4-layer peel, wowza, that required some big cajones. Smile I am sure the Arnica helped and I've ordered some in preparation of the big day. Wink

I'll be sure to share my plan with you first, Dips! I agree that 4-5 days not having to face the public is the way to go because I definitely think there'll be some major peeling going on.

Regarding my trouble spots, I would like to work on the orange-peel texture on my cheeks and also some hyperpigmentation on the outer edges of my cheeks and forehead - just some overall maintenance, really. I'd like to get a major peel done to have a fresh canvas.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:54 am      Reply with quote
Arnica is the best - so glad I use it now. My next peel is due to be done in about two weeks so keep me posted on how you get on. The peeling was annoying and yes the girls at work are beginning to 'watch' my skin as it is transforming esp with the TCA Cross under way as well, but I am so glad I did the 4 layer peel - was so worth the change. Oh and I forgot to say please don't remove your pics from your TCA cross post - have you seen how many hits it still gets!! There is one girl from the other forum I belong to and after reading your post she went and ordered all the stuff from platinum, she's got a mole she wants to work on. Smile
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:15 am      Reply with quote
hi girls,

glad to see you are both having such success with your peels. I'm sure you know this already, but just in case someone reading this does not, arnica pills are okay after a peel, but topical arnica is NOT to be used on broken, irritated, or wounded skin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arnica_montana
http://botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/a/arnic058.html

Also, please make sure never to buy arnica in its pure form, as it is highly toxic:

http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/nmdrugprofiles/nutsupdrugs/arn_0025.shtml

I think it is great for bruising and swelling, but please don't use the topical version unless your skin is merely peeling, i.e. if you haven't taken off too many layers.

Just some advice!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Avalange. I do use topical Arnica for bruising and you're right, it is not to be used on broken skin. I would never use it for peel healing but am very comfortable using the Manuka Honey - another product I use internally and externally already.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi scalawaggirl
How are you doing? I just completed my peel again. Just at the end of the peeling phase. Whew this one went deep! I prepped my skin with retin-a for the last two weeks. I did the 4 layers just as I mentioned above BUT I tried something new that I learned from a girl named Rebecca from YTF forum. I began with one large patch and then the following night I retouced the patch so in effect it was layering over successive days so this patch ended up having six layers in total but done over 2 days - using 15% TCA.
The difference in amazing but the six layer areas have required more downtime. There was so much visible flaking and peeling - and not light little flakes either...I'm talking large pieces. That part lasted a whole day and now it is light flaking. The leather wrinkly look was hard to hide at work but somehow I managed to have my hair cover most of it but that did my head in after two days so thank god the weekend arrived and the peeling could be let loose.
How did you get on?
Dips
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:16 am      Reply with quote
dips18 wrote:
Hi scalawaggirl
How are you doing? I just completed my peel again. Just at the end of the peeling phase. Whew this one went deep! I prepped my skin with retin-a for the last two weeks. I did the 4 layers just as I mentioned above BUT I tried something new that I learned from a girl named Rebecca from YTF forum. I began with one large patch and then the following night I retouced the patch so in effect it was layering over successive days so this patch ended up having six layers in total but done over 2 days - using 15% TCA.
The difference in amazing but the six layer areas have required more downtime. There was so much visible flaking and peeling - and not light little flakes either...I'm talking large pieces. That part lasted a whole day and now it is light flaking. The leather wrinkly look was hard to hide at work but somehow I managed to have my hair cover most of it but that did my head in after two days so thank god the weekend arrived and the peeling could be let loose.
How did you get on?
Dips

Woman! You are so brave! I would never, ever do a multi-level peel on top of Retin-A. I'm fairly aggressive but you are the now officially the crazy peel queen. Wink Actually, I am just now peeling from a TCA Complex that I did on Wednesday. I did do multi-layers so reapplied during the same session and left it on for about 4-5 minutes.

It crisped up pretty quickly but was actually more like tight skin. I am not done peeling yet but I tried to avoid using moisturizers but still did a few times. It is coming off in sheets this time and the skin is nice and pink. I think for my next one, I would like to do a major attack on my cheeks. One side is really becoming smooth and the other still has the little orange peel (though much more shallow) and I'd like to get it into the same state. So, when I do my next peel (probably Wednesday), I will apply TCA Complex all over and make a 15% solution for just my cheeks and nose. I like the 2nd (or 3rd) layer applied the following day. Oh, I have been using TCA Latte 2x at night to also assist with pushing the peeling. It works very gently.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Have you ever tried a glycolic 40% all over and spot with a TCA 16%? Been wanting to see if it could be combined.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Not me, Annie. Glycolic doesn't work well on my skin - all it does it go to flake town. However, what you're talking about is essentially what my plan is except I will only use TCA - TCA Complex all over and then a large spot treatment for my cheeks and parts of my nose with 15% TCA.

Wanted to add that I did not use TCA Latte 2x in one night but twice after the initial peel in the PM (different days). Also, my face is peeling nicely today - 3 days after my application so perfect timing!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Glycolic makes me flake as well, but the customer service rep at platinumskincare recommended the glycolic peel for fine lines instead of the TCA. I have both so I thought maybe a combine.
Thanks for the tip, I knew what gals to ask!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
Can TCA peel be applied on the eyelids? Does the peel hurt?
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 1:18 am      Reply with quote
Before you think I am too crazy I better explain myself. I'm only using the lowest dosage retin-a of 0.025% I only use it every 2nd night and I stopped 1 week prior to the peel. Thought I had better mention that in case a newbie peeler gives this a go.
What is in the TCA complex? Is that from perfect complexion? I have the same problem with my cheeks. One always looks better than the other - one of the reasons why I'm getting so 'agressive'. Do you do the TCA complex every week? And the TCA latte every night? Maybe that's what I should do. Doing a TCA every 3 weeks is ok but its still taking a while. Jeez we're both crazy! Wink

Lisey I have never done a peel on my eyelids - that is way too scary to try. The skin around the eye is so delicate that I worry the TCA could cause damage and hence have not tried around the eye area. The TCA on the face does not really hurt so to speak - more like a stinging and if you do a few layers like scalawaggirl and myself then it can feel like an intense burning. At the end of the day its about your own pain threshold. HTH. Dips
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:53 am      Reply with quote
Ah, okay! That makes much more sense, then! Regarding the TCA Complex, yes, it's from Perfect Complexion. I mentioned that I did a multi-layer peel with it on Wednesday and then used the TCA Latte two nights (Thursday and Friday). Well, yesterday (Saturday), I started peeling and the way I like - in sheets rather than flakes, which drive me nuts. During my beauty treatments, one of which was a mask, I used a washcloth and it removed almost all of the peeling skin so, today, I have my new skin! I think that is excellent timing! One thing to note and I'm sure you might know this already but this is for the benefit of others who are reading - everyone's skin is different and you will have to experiment to find both the right acid to peel as well as correct wait times. I finally found TCA is my peel of choice after trying Glycolic, Lactid Acid, Fruit Acid (at varying strengths) and I always started out at 1 minute to see how my skin would react. Home peeling can be extremely dangerous and a lot of people get burned by not taking care. Do not leave the bathroom EVER, use a stop watch, don't get too bold and always follow directions. I did this and have had great success but then, I was scared to death to permanently scar myself so I was extra careful but it is worth it in the end. Here is a comparison photo of right before I started my revamped skin care routine (it's changed a lot but there have been consistencies throughout that I attribute for my success). It is amazing, even to me, how you can change things in the space of just 6 short months:

Yesterday, I used my Facemate, which I can't shout the glory of enough; rinsed the conductive gel; tested the Osea White Algae Mask - used washcloth to remove; then did a lovely treatment with my Oxylight (same company/device as Dermawand) to treat a few breakouts from test products and I went over my whole face. Well, when I was done, I had a very pretty, warm glow (as in pic on right) and my pores were clean, clean, clean (the Facemate does this magically). This morning, my breakouts are 90% gone, pores are minimized and I still have the pretty glow. Smile

My next peel will incorporate the TCA Complex for the majority of my face and then I will do a multi-layer on my cheeks and forehead only with TCA at around 12.5%. I want to keep the strength lower for my first try at going with a stronger version. I will probably do both layers the same day or one Wednesday and the 2nd Thursday - still deciding. BTW, the TCA Complex is nowhere near as strong as going straight TCA. However, I feel comfortable peeling slowly as I know Rome wasn't built in a day. Smile Also, I'm a copper peptide user so this, I think, really helps rebuild the new skin and feeds it along with my Vitamin C, Oat Beta Glucans, use of Facemate, Quasar SP, and so on.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:10 am      Reply with quote
OMG Scally you've bought a Facemate Exclamation I can't keep up with you Embarassed . Isn't this similar to the Baby Q? and what about the Nuface - are you still using that? What's so great about the Facemate - I'm sure I desperately need one. Please tell us all about it - perhaps you should start a new thread if you don't want to hijack this one.
Thanks, Carol
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
OMG Scally you've bought a Facemate Exclamation I can't keep up with you Embarassed . Isn't this similar to the Baby Q? and what about the Nuface - are you still using that? What's so great about the Facemate - I'm sure I desperately need one. Please tell us all about it - perhaps you should start a new thread if you don't want to hijack this one.
Thanks, Carol

Smile Yes, I did actually back when I bought my infrared sauna! It was on the shelf for awhile because I used it on the wrong setting and it made my face sag. Shock However, there's an ultrasound thread and I posted a bit in there. I've been considering putting up a review and will do so now that you brought it up. Smile

In regard to your question, no, it does not take the place of my beloved Quasar SP (or the Baby Q). I still do use my Nuface but not everyday. My favorite gadgets in order are:

Facemate/Quasar SP (tied, sorry)
Oxylight (excellent zip zapper and adds lovely glow - also made by same company as Dermawand)
Nuface (does indeed tighten muscles)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
dips18 wrote:
Lisey I have never done a peel on my eyelids - that is way too scary to try. The skin around the eye is so delicate that I worry the TCA could cause damage and hence have not tried around the eye area. The TCA on the face does not really hurt so to speak - more like a stinging and if you do a few layers like scalawaggirl and myself then it can feel like an intense burning. At the end of the day its about your own pain threshold. HTH. Dips

Thanks dips18! I did a small patch test with the 16% tca peel and it stings like a pepper sting, and my skin turn white in less than a minute! Shock Does this mean I shouldn't layer the peel since my skin turns white so fast?
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lisey,
In one minute! - wow that is fast. Personally I would NOT layer any more layers as you have already 'frosted'. For me to frost it takes at least 3 layers of 15% and my skin can take that and more. You reacted so fast so I am wondering if you prepped your skin in anyway over the last few weeks with a glycolic based skincare or retin-a? Doing this will help a lot. Your welcome to ask me anymore questions. Dips
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
scalawaggirl wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Thanks, Carol

Smile Yes, I did actually back when I bought my infrared sauna! It was on the shelf for awhile because I used it on the wrong setting and it made my face sag. Shock However, there's an ultrasound thread and I posted a bit in there. I've been considering putting up a review and will do so now that you brought it up. Smile

In regard to your question, no, it does not take the place of my beloved Quasar SP (or the Baby Q). I still do use my Nuface but not everyday. My favorite gadgets in order are:

Facemate/Quasar SP (tied, sorry)
Oxylight (excellent zip zapper and adds lovely glow - also made by same company as Dermawand)
Nuface (does indeed tighten muscles)

An infrared sauna??!! No I won't ask! Some info on the Facemate would be great - how does it clean out pores, I thought it was an ultrosonic massager? And aren't the infrared lights similar to the Baby Q?

Anyway, back to the TCA. So far I have done 2 15% TCA peels. The last one I did two layers but my skin has never frosted. I also do a 65% lactic acid peel about once a week. Does your skin have to frost for the peel to be really beneficial? In the past, my skin has flaked but I would like to see something a little more aggressive happening.
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
An infrared sauna??!! No I won't ask! Some info on the Facemate would be great - how does it clean out pores, I thought it was an ultrosonic massager? And aren't the infrared lights similar to the Baby Q?

Anyway, back to the TCA. So far I have done 2 15% TCA peels. The last one I did two layers but my skin has never frosted. I also do a 65% lactic acid peel about once a week. Does your skin have to frost for the peel to be really beneficial? In the past, my skin has flaked but I would like to see something a little more aggressive happening.

The ultrasound actually cleans out pores! This works so well, that I've actually stopped using BHA totally since my pores are just as clean with the Facemate and my face is no longer flaking all the time, either. I think the term "massager" is used because it does this, as well. Here's a link to a site that outlines the different features (best I've found so far as most are very limited):

http://www.ib3health.com/products/UltrasonicBeauty/FacemateES330.shtml

I only use it on 3 Mhz for the face (1 Mhz is for the body and will cause face sag, if used there). As for the infrared lights, the BQ has more and a different combination. This doesn't take the place of my Quasar SP but I do use the infrared light along with the ultrasound as it's supposed to activate enzyme C, cleans up the skin and generates collagen.

Regarding the peel, I do not frost with lower % of TCA so, no, you do not need to frost. I imagine that Lisey had used another acid fairly recently so her skin was already prone to frosting or she has delicate skin. Lisey, speaking of this, I really think you should take EXTRA precaution with peeling. I know everyone hates to hear this but if I were you, I'd research, research, research as you can really hurt yourself, if you do it incorrectly. Just look around the forum, there are two users that I know of who burned themselves badly with glycolic. Perhaps, a call to Platinum Skincare would be a good idea, as well.

Keliu, I last used TCA Complex (fairly weak) and I layered it quite a few times (3-4), left it on for 4-5 minutes and then rinsed. I did not use moisturizer that night (Wednesday) but used TCA Latte the following two nights. On Saturday, my skin started peeling in "sheets", though small ones - kind of rolling off. During my beauty treatments, most of the dead skin came off with my washcloth. I was very pleased with the timing and my skin was/is nice and pink underneath. I've also started using Ystheal Gel again and will probably stagger it every other night to see how it goes. However, I applied it last night, waited 30 minutes, then went on with my routine. This morning, my skin was rosy! I'm very pleased.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info guys! I've been researching lately, but haven't dared to use it on the entire face yet. I haven't prepped my face, I only use ISC Active Serum that has acids. I will do more research before deciding to use it on my whole entire face.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I'm tempted! Thanks for your informations.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've found the thread where everyone is discussing the ultrasonic gizzmos - I have to have one. The Facemate looks great (thanks for the link Scally), as does the UP5, so don't know which one to get. My main concern is cleaning out pores and skin lifting.

Re the peels. This might sound like a stupid question, but how do you know if you have "thin" skin? I now have "aging" skin - I'm getting those horrible prune like wrinkles around the mouth and some sagging. Can you over-peel. I can't image that peels would thin your skin, rather that they would stimulate skin renewal. What's your opinion everyone?
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Keliu, yes, you can overpeel just like any other method of exfoliation. I use copper peptides, vitamin C, oat beta glucans and sea kelp so I've got a lot of rebuilding going on, as well. It's more of a balancing act for me.

Yesterday (Wednesday), I dragged my butt off the loveseat after a whirlwind day to do:

1) Took 4 arnica tabs (recommended dosage)
2) Applied TCA Complex all over - waited 4 minutes
3) Rinsed
4) Mixed a 15% TCA solution and applied with a Q-tip to only my cheeks. It frosted almost immediately and was stinging, too, so I rinsed it after about 25-30 seconds.
5) Applied Manuka Honey over my cheeks only and left it on for about an hour or so
6) Rinsed and then went about my normal routine except I only used my emu/sea kelp on my cheeks as I want the areas where I used TCA Complex to peel faster. Since the 15% was so strong and a double layer, I felt it wise to soothe this area. My normal routine includes CPs all over, BTW. I also have been using Ystheal gel each PM for the last 4 nights prior to the peel so I should get a slightly deeper peel this time.

This morning, no redness or discoloration. It looks as expected (tight) so I fully anticipate that I will peel right on schedule on Saturday. I do plan to use TCA Latte tonight and tomorrow night, as well.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |