Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Acne on my back .. Help!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cecilia widjaja

Fri Jul 16, 2004 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
I have problem with scattered acne in my back and lots of them leave a black scar. What product may help to minimize it and heal the scars?? THX a lot for any advice
cbeb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 17, 2004 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
for specific products im not too sure..but im sure that the other ladies on the board can help you with that Wink but i definitely think you should exfoliate your back every time your in the shower..that will help the scars fade
Mabsy

Sun Jul 18, 2004 4:29 am      Reply with quote
Yes, exfoliation is the way to go! And a product with AHAs can help fade the scars. MD Formulations Face & Body Scrub is good and has a high concentration of AHAs in it. Mind you, it's rather hard to use a scrub on your back I suppose... So you could try using a firm brush and getting an AHA shower gel or using one of the new spray AHA products for "hard to reach" places like your back. If you prefer the spray type then you could try the MD Formulations Body Clearing Complex Spray. From memory MDF, DDF and Peter Thomas Roth make AHA shower gels with decent AHA concentrations. Other brands may do as well but these are the ones I am aware of.

Mabsy
scootercat
5% products discount

Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
Antibiotics from your derm will help with large areas of acne (such as your back) also body washes with aha/bha will help, as well. Mario Badescu makes an affordable one called AHA Botanical Body Wash

http://www.mariobadescu.com/productDetail.asp?catID=4&ProductID=37&qs=b86e37e602a6c1ece21be91b082b5f03|842560904|

Amy
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I use a tea tree body cleanser, and it has worked wonders. Tea tree oil body cleanser by Kiehl's
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
md formulations also has a body AHA spray to help with back acne...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/md-formulations-vit-a-plu-p_2849.htm
bb_pigeon
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I've the same problem. So unhappy ar!

For cleansing, I use Ivory soap

For scrub, I DIY. Mix aloe vera gel, tea tree essential oil, salt, kaolin, green bean powder

After taking the shower, I apply 2% BHA liquid solution with cotton pad. The brand is Paula's Choice.

I've used up my first bottle, I will keep using it.

I've tried to use retin-A. But it makes me getting more acne and of course acne mark also. Although some parts of my body's acne marks are removed, retin-A makes me left more in other part. Confused
Don't try retin-A!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
sometimes the shampoo/conditioner your using could be the result of body acne. Switch to another shampoo and see if the problem will go away....if not then go for a body cleanser. If your back acne is really bothering you and your a girl....some birth control really helps with this. I used to have bad back acne a few months ago ( i guess it was a hormonal thing) then i started taking Yasmin Birth control pills and washing myself with Tea tree oil cleanser and it has totally disappeared, i havent had one pimple on my back for over a month (knock on wood) So im not sure if it's the Birth control pill or tea tree cleanser or both.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |