Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Recs for the Ideal Pressed Touch-Up Powder?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I'm looking for a new pressed powder to keep in my bag for touch-ups. Although I rarely do touch-up I keep one for emergency purposes (like a 18hr day) or when I'm at my bf's house. I've used various brands like Lancome, MAC and am currently using Dr.H's pressed powder but it's nothing special and I don't plan on repurchasing. So far I actually liked Lancome's matte finish the best but it's discontinued. I tend to use this after blotting so it MUST be finely milled to avoid caking.

Here are my requirements so please help:
-gives me a soft focussed look without caking or enhancing my flakies, *need to be VERY finely milled*
-doesn't necessarily need to give me color, sheer or translucent is definitely ok
-no drugstore brands pls
-cannot be drying (as it makes me produce oil)
-does not have to control oil
-does not require a brush to apply (I have a meteorites compact but it requires a brush so not too convenient)

I currently alternate between Meteorites and CdP loose at home and love them but don't want to spend a fortune on the CdP pressed just to keep in my bag. I'm thinking I could give LM or T. LeClerc a try but would love to hear more opinions and recs first.

Thanks!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 5:57 am      Reply with quote
How about LM's pressed powder? Smile It's transparent and I find their powders very finely milled. I've tried CDP pressed powder and honestly, I wasn't all that impressed. It was good, but certainly wasn't worth the price. At least not for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
bump - no one uses pressed powders? Sad

Has anyone tried the Vincent Longo one - that looks good and can choose either translucent or a sheer colored one.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui,

I LOOOOVE the caron pressed powder--it is the most finely milled I've come across, and it's in the cutest compact, and perfect for touch ups. It's my savior after a sweaty ride on the metro when I'm hurrying. It does smell like old lady perfume, but I'm used to it now. It's just gorgeous! I would imagine leclerc makes an excellent pressed compact that is of comparable quality. honestly i am always amazed at how it disappears into my skin and reduces the appearance of my pores, especially on my nose.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks avalange - oh my goodness - caron! If only I had access to it so I can choose a suitable color Sad Unfortunately that's not a viable choice at the moment unless it becomes more widely available or they offer color swatches online or something. I've been lemming it for SOOOO long now!

What color are you and what color do you use with the T. LeClerc?
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
How about LM's pressed powder? Smile It's transparent and I find their powders very finely milled.

Yes, the LM is very nice. I ended up buying the loose myself, but I tried the pressed at the store and it was a toss up between the two for me. I like the loose better to dust over my MMU (Tzone only).
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 2:51 am      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
Thanks avalange - oh my goodness - caron! If only I had access to it so I can choose a suitable color Sad Unfortunately that's not a viable choice at the moment unless it becomes more widely available or they offer color swatches online or something. I've been lemming it for SOOOO long now!

What color are you and what color do you use with the T. LeClerc?

Dear Sormuimui,

I used #10 pressed from Caron. You know, I have a little sample of the loose I will never use--do you want to try it? It's "translucide." That way you can get an idea of what these powders are like. In my mind, there's not much difference between them in terms of coverage or texture. And you can smell the scent. I can send it to you if you like, just pm me.

I don't use leclerc, because i don't use that much powder (perfectly happy with Julie Hewitt's mineral oat powder for tzone) but I have used banane and abricot in the past as highlighters... the texture is amazing, i'd say their pressed compact is worth a try.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |