Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

UV Natural Sunscreen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Beka
5% products discount

Fri May 25, 2007 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this sunscreen? http://www.uvnaturalusa.com/htm/default.asp

Can you guys look at it and tell me what you think? I have looked around here, and on google, and the sunscreen thing just overwhelms me...! Sad

TIA!
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 3:40 am      Reply with quote
This is a very thick cream made with beeswax, candellia wax and several different vegetable oils. I have normal/combination skin and open pores. Within three days of using it I have blackheads. The good - there is no white cast, the ingredients are all natural and it would be great for someone with very dry skin. Having said that it contains no water and is not moisturising at all, simply locks in whatever moisture you already have in the skin. The bad - leaves skin very greasy, if you sweat the perspiration will run off your face in little beads, and the above mentioned blackheads.

I ended up using the rest of my tube on the backs of my hands.
simplenpure
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
This is by far the worst sunscreen I have ever used!

The texture of this sunscreen is very thick, you feel like you are wearing a "mask" all day long. I think it is only suitable for very dry skin. I threw it away after using it for a couple of days.
queenkatez
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 29, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Luckylouie,

Which UV Natural product did you use? Was it the SPF 15 or 30/adult/golf/sport version?

Thanks,
Queenkatez
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
I just found out about this line - lots of good stuff in here, although it does sound a little too rich to use on my face, the rest of it sounds positively yummy for the body. Has anyone else used this, is the price justified?

Ingredients:

Ingredient List
Zinc oxide 24.8%, Vitis vinifera (grapeseed oil), Caprilic / capric triglycerides, Colloidal Silica, Zinc stearate, Macadamia ternifolia seed oil, Camellila oleifera leaf extract (Green Tea), Vitis vinifera (Grape seed extract), Natural Vitamin E (Tocopherol), Iron Oxides

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
sal-star
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have used this sunscreen - it is very thick and difficult to spread on. Also, I found that despite washing my hands thoroughly afterwards there was residue which hours later if I happened to rub my eye would sting for 30 mins plus.
I never used it on my face - but having used it on my body and knowing the texture - I never would - it would be bound to cause breakouts! I would not repurchase this.
sfong
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Try obagi or skinceuticals, both of their sunscreens are good.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
It looks decent as the ingredients are pretty natural and not that long of a list either. I am willing to check it out though I just bought two bottles of Shiseido SPF 33. I should have looked around a bit more.
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Their claims seem decent, but the incorportation of photosensitizing oils in their "sport" product just makes me think this company doesn't do their research...just take a look at their claims..

Vitamin D and Grape Seed Extract and Oil work on the cellular structure of the skin No freaking way!, while Green Tea, a well recognised and documented anti-oxidant, de-sensitises and protects the skin against exposure to sun and free radicals Green tea is an antioxidant and has been shown to reduce erythmea, but its most effective AFTER sun exposure.

The Zinc Oxide we have researched and chosen to use, is one of the highest quality Zincs available and offers astringent and antiseptic properties that reflect solar radiation and soothe the skin I didnt realize there were different qualities of zinc oxide considering its a freaking chemical!.

The combined oils lock in moisture and replenish the skin, while preventing and reducing the signs of solar tissue damage.

UV Natural Sunscreen incorporates pure Raw Bees Wax, Nature's waterproofing agent that assists sun protection during swimming or high energy activity The only effective way to form a true water proof sunscreen is to use a polymer, beeswax, yes, will waterproof clothing, but that's because it's melted on. This may be waterproof if you immerse slowly into water and the water isn't moving at all, and if you don't towel dry at all either.
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried this on my face - more than once. I have to say it was a disaster. I really wanted something with micronized zinc that is natural for my face. I can't say I actually broke out from this. Actually I never really break out but I get crazily clogged pores. (then I pick and squeeze like crazy, leading to real acne - but that is another story, another post)

That didn't even happen with this. But any attempts to put powder over it or blot it were unsuccessful. I couldn't stand the feeling all day.

But I very much liked using it on my body. I didn't use the sport one. I think it was the regular adult one. I thought it felt very nice and my skin was so soft. So this coming summer I'll use it for my body and for my kids' bodies at summer camp. I can't stand the thought of them having chemicals on their bodies all day.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I think the most important thing about sunscreen is the effectiveness.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |