Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
lightening freckles
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Angierenee

Sat May 26, 2007 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hello, I am new to this forum and I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for lightening freckles?

I am fair complected in my late 30's. I use sunscreen religiously but the freckles seem to just keep getting more numerous and darker.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
I suffer from the same thing as you. Each year, even though I'm using sunscreen, I seem to get more and more hyperpigmentation marks. I had tried Remergent Clarifying Complex and didn't notice any difference with that product, and now I'm using Jan Marini Bioglycolic Lightening Gel. I MIGHT be seeing SOME lightening, but it's nothing drastic enough to be sure. I have been using it for only about 3 weeks or so though, so probably too soon to tell. I am getting concerned that even though I'm being extra careful with the suncreen, that these spots are still coming up. If this attempt doesn't work, then I may look into laser treatments.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 6:40 am      Reply with quote
I happened to watch two back-to-back episodes of a makeover show on TV last weekend and in both cases the women had terrible freckles and sun damage on their faces. They were both introduced to a Derm (who happens to practice here in Toronto), who painted their faces with a yellow-mustard mask that they each wore for 6 hours before washing off. Long story short is this - their skin went from noticeably damaged to UNBELIEVABLY beautiful and CLEAR!!! I was so impressed by the results that I recruited a dear friend (Scally) to help me determine what the heck this magic mask was. Well the other night we figured it out!! The treatment is called the Cosmelan Depigmentation System and can be purchased from a Derms office or a medispa. The corrective mask is actually step 1. The day after the mask is washed off you apply a special lightening cream that continues to work it's magic. Within 7-14 days you will see some profound results - at least that is what the product promises and this is what I observed with the women on the makeover show. The only caveat is you must use the maintenance cream on a regular basis for the first year once you've removed all the undesired pigmentation. Do a search within the forum and you will find others here who have used this system and LOVE it! Note also that it is quite expensive, but much less invasive and painful when compared to chemical peels or IPL treatments. Here is a link to the manufacturer for further details. http://www.mesoesteticusa.com/lineas.php

I can't wait to try this system myself (and will report back with my own results once I do!!!).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 6:49 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass, do you know what is in the lightening mask? I would be very wary of something that removed all traces of pigmentation like that!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
I happened to watch two back-to-back episodes of a makeover show on TV last weekend and in both cases the women had terrible freckles and sun damage on their faces. They were both introduced to a Derm (who happens to practice here in Toronto), who painted their faces with a yellow-mustard mask that they each wore for 6 hours before washing off. Long story short is this - their skin went from noticeably damaged to UNBELIEVABLY beautiful and CLEAR!!! I was so impressed by the results that I recruited a dear friend (Scally) to help me determine what the heck this magic mask was. Well the other night we figured it out!! The treatment is called the Cosmelan Depigmentation System and can be purchased from a Derms office or a medispa. The corrective mask is actually step 1. The day after the mask is washed off you apply a special lightening cream that continues to work it's magic. Within 7-14 days you will see some profound results - at least that is what the product promises and this is what I observed with the women on the makeover show. The only caveat is you must use the maintenance cream on a regular basis for the first year once you've removed all the undesired pigmentation. Do a search within the forum and you will find others here who have used this system and LOVE it! Note also that it is quite expensive, but much less invasive and painful when compared to chemical peels or IPL treatments. Here is a link to the manufacturer for further details. http://www.mesoesteticusa.com/lineas.php

I can't wait to try this system myself (and will report back with my own results once I do!!!).

That is so amazing! I have freckles also but they are not that noticeable except in the summer. They don't bother me but too bad that they are not placed better on my face so that it looks like I have a natural golden tan.
Angierenee

Sun May 27, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
I happened to watch two back-to-back episodes of a makeover show on TV last weekend and in both cases the women had terrible freckles and sun damage on their faces. They were both introduced to a Derm (who happens to practice here in Toronto), who painted their faces with a yellow-mustard mask that they each wore for 6 hours before washing off. Long story short is this - their skin went from noticeably damaged to UNBELIEVABLY beautiful and CLEAR!!! I was so impressed by the results that I recruited a dear friend (Scally) to help me determine what the heck this magic mask was. Well the other night we figured it out!! The treatment is called the Cosmelan Depigmentation System and can be purchased from a Derms office or a medispa. The corrective mask is actually step 1. The day after the mask is washed off you apply a special lightening cream that continues to work it's magic. Within 7-14 days you will see some profound results - at least that is what the product promises and this is what I observed with the women on the makeover show. The only caveat is you must use the maintenance cream on a regular basis for the first year once you've removed all the undesired pigmentation. Do a search within the forum and you will find others here who have used this system and LOVE it! Note also that it is quite expensive, but much less invasive and painful when compared to chemical peels or IPL treatments. Here is a link to the manufacturer for further details.

IS it only available from a doctor or can I order that from the site?
Also, I found a couple products doing a search but I can't post a link to them.
one is mamalotion from mamalotion
and the other is antiphoto from evavero
anyone have any luck with these?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I did some searching and it is basically a cocktail with kojic acid and arbutine. Both of these are tyrosinase inhibitors like hydroquinone and are not tested for fully tested for safety.

I'd rather live with my freckles and melanasma than screw my skin up.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hey GG - From my research (so far) I have not found anything harmful ingredient-wise in the Cosmelan system. In fact I discovered this entire treatment through a highly regarded Dermatologist in Toronto who not only has a clinic at Sunnybrook and Women's College Hospital (the BEST hospital in Toronto for skin related issues & disease), but she also teaches dermatology and medical residents at the University of Toronto. This is the doctor who appeared on the makeover show that I watched last weekend and who had me jumping out of my seat with amazement over the dramatic skin transformations after she applied the Cosmelan 1 mask. http://www.drkucypon.com/home.htm

I am in the process of playing telephone tag with her office and hope to finally secure an appointment in the near future to discuss this system further. I have a lot of questions that need to be answered before I know exactly how I want to proceed. I do know, however, that I have decided to use parts of this system if not the entire thing once I have determined how strong it is. I am also in the midst of discussing the system with another member here who has used the Cosmelan 2 cream alone on her chest area (without the mask) and achieved great results. As this is the area that I am most perturbed about (my chest is a speckled mess and continues to look worse every year), I do not see any reason why I cannot do the same thing she has.

I have also come across nothing that indicates this system (which has been around for a dozen years now) is not safe. If anything, the ingredient list contains the exact things I have been searching for in a skin lightening program (kojic acid, lactic acid and SS). Here is the ingredient list of each product in the system and direction use for those that are curious.

Directions for use:

Initial Application:
Use a cotton swab to apply the oil removing solution and vigorously cleanse the surface of the skin to remove any dead cells and skin oil. AppIy the Cosmelan 1 Mask to the surface of the skin to be treated just like a fine facial mask. The masking time required for the cream to act depends on the skin type of the individual: Phototype I and II: 5 hours, Phototype Ill and IV: 8 hours and Phototype V and VI: 10 hours. Once the Cosmelan 1 mask has been left on for the required period of time, wash the area with soap and water to completely remove the mask.

Maintenance Regimen:
The depigmenting treatment is then followed by treatment with Cosmelan 2 cream. This guarantees the permanence of the initial depigmentation treatment. It also regulates sebaceous oil gland secretion and is specially indicated for treating mixed and oily skins. Beginning 24 to 48 hours after the Cosmelan 1 mask, start applying the Cosmelan 2 cream to all the affected areas two to three times a day during the first week, twice a day during the second week and once a day after the third week. The Hydra Vital Factor K cream can be applied as a moisturizer 2 to 5 times a day to relieve dry, tight, itchy, red skin.

IMPORTANT:
Cosmelan 1 Mask is intended to be used under the direction and supervision of a physician.

==============================================

Ingredients:

Cosmelan Oil Removing Solution: Solution for cleansing the skin
Aqua, Acetone

Cosmelan 1 Mask: Intensive action depigmenting cream
Aqua, Titanium Dioxide, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Paraffinum Liquidum, Azelaic Acid, Kojic Acid, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Phytic Acid, Edta, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Ceteareth-12, Parfum, Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinnone.

Cosmelan 2: Maintenance depigmenting cream
(NOTE: This is the NEW FORMULA: lighter in color and easier to cover and blend.)
Aqua, Titanium Dioxide, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Paraffinum Liquidum, Kojic Acid, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Phytic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Retinyl Palmitate, Ceteareth-12, Parfum, Methylchloroisothiazolinone and Methylisothiazolinnone.

Hydra-Vital Factor K Cream
Aqua, Synthetic Amniotic Fluid, Steareth-2, Stearyl Alcohol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, SD Alcohol 39 C, Steareth-21, Decyl Oleate, Urea, Dimethicone, Dioctyladipate. Sodium Lactate, Sorbitol, Tea-Lactate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Phenoxyethanol, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Lauryl Diethylenediaminoglycine, Allantoin, Lauryl Aminopropylglycine, B.H.T., Serine, Sodium, Chloride, Lactic Acid, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phytomenadione and Parfum.

Precautions:
Should the skin become extremely red during treatment, apply Cosmelan 2 Cream in conjunction with Hydravital Factor K Cream to reduce the redness. The use of any other cosmetic product is not recommended during treatment in order to prevent any unpleasant or unexpected interactions.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Angierenee wrote:
IS it only available from a doctor or can I order that from the site?
Also, I found a couple products doing a search but I can't post a link to them.
one is mamalotion from mamalotion
and the other is antiphoto from evavero
anyone have any luck with these?

Hi Angierenee - The Cosmelan 1 Mask is supposed to be applied by a Derm as the length of time it remains on your face is VERY important and you would not want to run the risk of causing any damage by attempting this mask on your own. I am going to play it safe and visit a derm who specializes in this system to see how long she would recommend the mask be applied to the areas I am most concerned about. My skin is actually looking quite good except for two slight shadow areas on the sides of my face around my cheekbones. These faint shadows are the result of sun damage and are annoying but are also easily covered up with foundation or MMU. The area that embarrasses the heck out of me and that leaps to your attention is my chest. It is a sun-damaged and freckled mess!!! The spots are VERY dark and dominant and vary in size. This is the area I hope to see the greatest improvement in.

I am still researching places to buy the indivdual creams as well as the entire kit. Ebay is selling the kit for $435 USD as well as some of the creams - all of which start around the $100 mark and go up. I also know that you can contact the company who makes the system (link is above) and they will sell you everything except the mask as this is intended to be applied by a doctor. They will also direct you to a Derm in your area who can sell direct to you. Expect to pay $175 for the Cosmelan 2 cream alone. This stuff is pricey but it apparently really works.

As for the other products you've mentioned, I am not familiar with them so please share more if you can!

HTH's...wave

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 1:16 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass, it's interesting that the ingredients list you have posted do not mention arbutin. On all the ingredients lists I looked up on the internet arbutin was in the mask along with kojic, phytic and azelaic acid.

For a one off procedure it may be safe, but unless your melanasma is really bad (and mine is fairly bad) I wouldn't risk it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 3:08 am      Reply with quote
I noticed the same thing, GG. For whatever reason the source that I obtained this ingredient list from does not mention any arbutin in the mask(?). However, I have come across marketing literature on the internet that does mention it, so this needs to be verified further. I hope to have some more answers about the C-1 (mask) and what is in it this week. As for the C-2 cream that is used after the mask, it does not contain any arbutin at all. I am wondering if this is why a number of people use it alone and do not bother with the mask? It has also been recently reformulated into a gentler solution which I know will be better for my semi-sensitive skin. Until I have my consultation with the Derm and ask her how many people she has treated with this system, and of that number how many have had a rebound effect versus a purely successful experience, I will not be able to truly calculate the potential 'risks' involved. Everyone has different skin and there is no such thing as a perfect product or procedure - problems or complications can occur at any time under the best of circumstances. There simply is no guarantee that everything will work for everyone, right!

The reality is there isn't a single product or procedure that is a true 'cure' for melasma at this time either (regardless of safe or questionable ingredients). As promising as the Cosmelan system is, it has it's own limitations as you will need to faithfully apply a maintenance cream once you've achieved your desired results if you really want to ensure that the spots and damaged skin do not reappear again. The good news is you do not need to apply a cream every day and only once or twice a week will suffice after the initial treatment phase has finished. Until someone comes up with a better solution (or a cure!), this is not a lot to ask for if this means you end up with consistently clear skin. At least not to me it isn't! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 3:56 am      Reply with quote
You have to keep on using the second cream? It may be cheaper long term to use an alternative. I think professional solutions does a kojic acid type thing and azelaic acid seems pretty widely available.

I'm gonna stick with sunscreen vit C and make-up. To be honest I never even thought that I HAD melanasma til I came on here. Reminds me of the song 'don't read beauty magazines they will only make you feel ugly' Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 6:57 am      Reply with quote
My boss just had the Cosmelan procedure done (for a second time!).

Per derm's instructions, she left the mud mask on for eight hours, and worked from home that day (Thursday). On Friday, she came to work with a red face. On Monday, she looked her usual self, hidden behind heavy foundation. Tuesday, we laughed at her as the sheets of skin started coming off. By Wednesday, her skin looked fresh and pink, with most hyperpigmentation gone. She had a few patches still left, which is why she had it done a second time.

I'm debating on asking for her derm's #, but I can't stand the thought of the sheets coming off at work!

So, doesn't it sound similar to the mechanics of a TCA peel?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
You have to keep on using the second cream? It may be cheaper long term to use an alternative. I think professional solutions does a kojic acid type thing and azelaic acid seems pretty widely available.

I'm gonna stick with sunscreen vit C and make-up. To be honest I never even thought that I HAD melanasma til I came on here. Reminds me of the song 'don't read beauty magazines they will only make you feel ugly' Laughing

It is recommended that you use the C-2 cream on a maintenance basis (1-2X/week) for approximately 10 months after you've finished your first jar (which is part of the initial treatment). You then continue to use SS and alternative products such as the one you recommended by Professional Solutions to maintain your results long term. I just finished speaking to a few Cosmelan users who substituted the C-2 cream with an alternative after they finished their first jar and they are pleased with their results as well. So I do not believe it is mandatory that you use the C-2 as part of the 10 month maintenance plan, but some form of product that does the same thing is a must. So in essence this maintenance plan is no different from the plan you are using on your face right now with SS and Vit-C - the need to use products that protect and exfoliate your skin is ongoing and necessary if you want to maintain a clear and even complexion.

Regardless of what system you use to remove the initial hyperpigmentation (TCA, laser, IPL, Cosmelan, etc.), you must use a high-level SS and other exfoliating product to maintain those results INDEFINITELY. That's right everyone, you have to protect your skin forever more once you've lightened it in any way, with any product or procedure. For some strange reason, people do not want to accept or understand that you CANNOT risk even 20 minutes of sun exposure without a powerful sunscreen after you use any form of skin lightener or brightener. Your skin will revert back to a damaged spotty mess if you do.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
My boss just had the Cosmelan procedure done (for a second time!).

Per derm's instructions, she left the mud mask on for eight hours, and worked from home that day (Thursday). On Friday, she came to work with a red face. On Monday, she looked her usual self, hidden behind heavy foundation. Tuesday, we laughed at her as the sheets of skin started coming off. By Wednesday, her skin looked fresh and pink, with most hyperpigmentation gone. She had a few patches still left, which is why she had it done a second time.

I'm debating on asking for her derm's #, but I can't stand the thought of the sheets coming off at work!

So, doesn't it sound similar to the mechanics of a TCA peel?

Hi Nadjazz - One of the big selling points of the Cosemlan system is that it is much safer to use in comparison to any TCA treatment as it cannot burn or scar your face if things go wrong. I am a big scaredy-cat when it comes to TCA peels because so many people have seriously hurt themselves using them. In fact I believe our Guapagirl is one such person who suffered some serious setbacks and scarring with a TCA peel she tried within the last year. TCA peels are also often used to eliminate wrinkles in addition to restructuring your skin. Cosmelan is not positioned as a wrinkle reducer and is specifically for depigmentation. So there is a difference between the two and why you would choose one over the other for cosmetic reasons.

Another important factor to consider with any treatment is downtime! Your boss is going to notice that her downtime is very short and painless using the Cosmelan products. The TCA system, on the other hand, can be very UGLY and painful and long. Of course a lot of this is dependent on skin type & tolerance levels, strength of peel used, and length of time the peel was applied. IMO, you really need to know what you are doing and educate yourself very well before you attempt a TCA peel on your own at home (or even before you have one done at the Derms or a Medispa). Though they can yield excellent results, they can also be very harmful and cause some serious damage to your skin for a variety of different reasons.

It sounds as if your boss is happy with her Cosmelan results so far, which is great to hear! I know that most Derms do not want to leave the mask on any longer than necessary as you can always have a FREE follow-up mask repeated within the first 30 days if things are not developing to your satisfaction. I always feel it is better to approach these masks (or peels) slowly and cautiously, so it's good to know that the Derm your boss is using is being so careful.

Please let us know how things develop with your boss and if she continues to be pleased with her results!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass,
Thank you so much for your thorough answer! I have been waffling between so many different procedures, TCA vs Cosmelan vs IPL vs Laser....I have too many conflicting issues, LOL!

She's now my ex-boss, but we'll stay in touch. So far, so good, her skin looks even-toned and glowy. I was a bit puzzled, though, when she invited me over to hang out at the pool. After two rounds of Cosmelan, you'd think she'd want to limit that sun exposure! I'll be sure to talk to her about that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:46 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome, Nadjazz! There are so many different treatments and procedures that are targeting skin lightening and depigmentation these days that it makes my head spin trying to determine which one is the best! So it is taking me quite a while to research and sort through them all!

Wow - I am really surprised that your ex-boss is out in the sun at all as it sounds as if she just completed her Cosmelan treatment mask, right? I hope she is slathering her face with a good SPF 50+ to preserve her newly depigmented (and glowy) skin! It would be a shame to go through the treatment and expense to have it all reversed in a matter of months! Shock

Before I forget, I have a question for you. Do you happen to know how many days her face peeled in sheets and if it flaked for a while after this? I've been speaking with a few women who are thrilled with their Cosmelan results but they flaked for varying lengths of time after the mask and didn't peel at all. Thanks! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:33 am      Reply with quote
Angierenee - Check out my review in the product forum on Obagi. HTH!
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:

Wow - I am really surprised that your ex-boss is out in the sun at all as it sounds as if she just completed her Cosmelan treatment mask, right? I hope she is slathering her face with a good SPF 50+ to preserve her newly depigmented (and glowy) skin! It would be a shame to go through the treatment and expense to have it all reversed in a matter of months! Shock

I know, I know! I'll make sure she uses SS!

ScotsLass wrote:

Before I forget, I have a question for you. Do you happen to know how many days her face peeled in sheets and if it flaked for a while after this? I've been speaking with a few women who are thrilled with their Cosmelan results but they flaked for varying lengths of time after the mask and didn't peel at all. Thanks! Smile

I remember it was over very quick. Two days at the most? She tried to wear foundation, which is why we laughed...midday through the day, she would have big pieces of skin hanging off her face! I don't recall any flaking.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass

Please keep us posted on your research. I'm very interested in this but I only have a few sun spots/freckles on my face but hi, if you can, you want to get rid of them.

I know know that my mum will be very interested as she has tried a few different treatments.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I just checked their website. It appears that is only available in North America.

Does anyone know whether it is available in the Asia Pacific region?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:

I know, I know! I'll make sure she uses SS!

ScotsLass wrote:

I remember it was over very quick. Two days at the most? She tried to wear foundation, which is why we laughed...midday through the day, she would have big pieces of skin hanging off her face! I don't recall any flaking.

Hi Nadjazz! Thanks for the info - it appears that everyone has a slightly different reaction to the mask. However, the general consensus seems to be that the process of flaking or peeling is over fairly quickly for most, so there really isn't any significant downtime (which is important to me!). The results are also obvious much much faster than other skin lightening creams or systems that can take months before you notice anything significant (or anything at all! Shock ).

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
ScotsLass

Please keep us posted on your research. I'm very interested in this but I only have a few sun spots/freckles on my face but hi, if you can, you want to get rid of them.

I know know that my mum will be very interested as she has tried a few different treatments.

Hi Ninetynine! I'll be certain to pop in and report anything of interest regarding my Cosmelan research! If your mother has significant hyperpigmentation issues, then this treatment sounds ideal for her. As for your freckle concerns, you may be better off with the Obagi system if you're not in a mad rush to fade them (and you're not afraid to use a product with Hydroquinone in it!). It took TAMgirl around 4 months to fade and remove the freckles and sun damage on her face with the Obagi system. It definitely takes time with these products but they do work.

Quote:
I just checked their website. It appears that is only available in North America.

The Cosmelan system is also sold under the name Amelan in other parts of the world. From my research (and conversations with another woman who has used this very product), it is the exact same formulation as Cosmelan. I would contact this company and ask them if they have distributors in your area. HTH's... http://www.amelan.co.uk/

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:23 am      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
Ninetynine wrote:
ScotsLass

Hi Ninetynine! I'll be certain to pop in and report anything of interest regarding my Cosmelan research! If your mother has significant hyperpigmentation issues, then this treatment sounds ideal for her. As for your freckle concerns, you may be better off with the Obagi system if you're not in a mad rush to fade them (and you're not afraid to use a product with Hydroquinone in it!). It took TAMgirl around 4 months to fade and remove the freckles and sun damage on her face with the Obagi system. It definitely takes time with these products but they do work.

Quote:

The Cosmelan system is also sold under the name Amelan in other parts of the world. From my research (and conversations with another woman who has used this very product), it is the exact same formulation as Cosmelan. I would contact this company and ask them if they have distributors in your area. HTH's... http://www.amelan.co.uk/

Thanks ScotLass. I will definitely check this website out.

I am at present using Remergent. I've just started using it for about 2-3 weeks so it's too soon if I have any success with the sun spots. I think they are lighter but it might just be my imagination Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome, Ninetynine! Hey, if you find you're loving the Remergent, please come back and post your results! Smile

Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |