Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Most underrated products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Since there's already a thread on most overrated products and there's none on this yet (well, I didn't find any), so I thought it would be good to start one. As you know there are so many raves about so many products, but how about those ones not many people rave about, but work well? I think it'll be good to list them, so there'll be more attentions drawn to the products that are normally overlooked, so that other members can give them a try too. Smile

I've recently discovered quite a few myself. Here goes:

Valmont Nature Moisturizing with a Mask - It is the best and most moisturizing mask I've ever tried...totally heavenly to use!!! I had always overlooked this product until sormuimui recommended it and sent a sample to me. Very Happy

Valmont Nature Unwinding with a Night Cream - This really helps with my dry parched skin. It softens the blotches on my face and leaves it feeling very soft and velvety. Thanks again to sormuimui. Smile

Sothys Morning Cleanser - I got a sample of this from EDS, but never thought to try it until recently. Those who know me know I'm VERY sensitive to cleansers and my skin reacts very quickly and badly to most cleansers. However, I really like this one a lot. It doesn't really lather up and has a very strong smell. But it doesn't irritate my skin at all, which is very surprising. I've only been using it in the morning, but from EDS' product description it can be used to remove makeup in the evening as well.

GoW Strawberry Toner - A very cheap simple toner which doesn't contain any alcohol. I use it as a toner and a freshener.

Babor Sensational Eyes Eye Cream - I think a lot of people overlook this product, but it is actually a very light yet very moisturizing eye cream at a very affordable price. I bought this after reading Mabsy's review and I'm so glad I did. It has been my staple since. Thanks Mabsy. Smile

Yon-Ka Serum - This product gets really good reviews on MUA, but I've never seen it mentioned much on EDS. It's one of those products I don't know what it's really doing for my skin, but it's the ONLY product I'll always have on hand. I don't use it everyday, but whenever my skin acts up, I ALWAYS come back to this product. It really soothes my skin and never irritates it at all.

Pevonia Enzymo-Spheride Peeling Cream - I've seen loads of threads on enzyme peels, but not many people have mentioned this. I have very sensitive skin, so I try to avoid peels as I'm afraid they'll irritate my skin. However, this product is very nice on my sensitive skin. I think it's quite mild compared to other enzyme peels, but it's a good options for those of us with sensitive skin.

Lily Lolo Foundation - Again, not many people have talked about this MMU brand, but it's the ONLY MMU that doesn't irritate my skin at all. Not even one bit whereas others like Alima, Everyday Minerals, Lauress and Lumiere sting my skin. This MMU also gives a very nice natural coverage and is much cheaper than most MMU brands.

Lily Lolo Blush Pots - I've found one of my most favorite all time blushes from this brand and also found a blush to replace my HG MAC Cheek.

Everyday Minerals Concealer in Pick Me Up Pink - I find this one works much better than Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder for me. It's also a lot cheaper!

Sisley Phyto-Lip Eclat - This lip gloss is by far the best and most moisturizing I've ever tried. The color is also pigmented. The only downside is there aren't many colors to choose from. However, I've found my most favorite lip gloss from this brand in #3 Nude.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
The one that comes to mind is the Skinceuticals eye balm.
I have used almost every high end eye cream and the Skinceuticals is by far the best!
Not only is it much less expensive than so many others but it is so hydrating and not greasy, no odor, and can be used on the lids.
Very underrated IMO!
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 7:29 am      Reply with quote
What a great idea gypsy! My list of favorite and mostly underrated products! Very Happy

1. Murad Clarifying Cleanser/Toner - my HG first step, have yet to find anything better.

2. yogurt mask - very effective way to apply lactic acid to your skin, softens and smooths.

3. Kiss my Face and Gold Bond body lotions - considering how quickly I go through this, can't beat the price!

4. Focus 21 Sea Plasma and hydrating shampoo. I've used and recommended this line of hair product for years - when I'm too broke to buy my SuddzFX, I always return to this.

5. Apricot, almond and jojoba oil - who needs to spend big $$$ on after bath oil when you can make your own? Just add a few drops of your favorite essential oil or perfume to personalize it!

6. Thayer's Witch Hazel (without alcohol) - I use this as a clarifying body spray after the shower and soothing balm after shaving

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I'd definitely second Babor Sensational Eyes Cream. Sometimes the skin under my eyes is so sensitive and this is the only eye cream I can use at those times. It's something which I'll always have around, and it's so easy to wear and gives me the right amount of hydration that I need.

Juvena Clean Up Mask is by far the most effective clay mask I've used. I wouldn't be without it.

Palmers Skin Smoothing Lotion, which contains AHA and BHA. Keeps my KP at bay and really softens my skin. I find it much easier to apply and use than the regular Palmers Cocoa Butter Lotion.

Henry Tianus Bilbery Cleanser is great for combo/oily skin. Lasts for ages, and leaves my skin feeling clean and soft and removes all my makeup.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
Palmers Skin Smoothing Lotion, which contains AHA and BHA. Keeps my KP at bay and really softens my skin. I find it much easier to apply and use than the regular Palmers Cocoa Butter Lotion.

I haven't seen that here in the UK. Is it as moisturising for dry skin as the Cocoa Butter Lotion? And does it have the lovely chocolatey smell? (I know that last one's not the most important - but I do love it! Laughing )
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Well, of course, I have to mention the Juara Sweet Black Tea Eye cream I've been raving about on the Product Review Forum, can't remember when I've been this pleased with a product that isn't well known. Also, and I've mentioned this one before on this forum and it didn't get a great reception, but still just loving the M. Asam Intensive Hyaluron Beauty Serum (hyaluronic acid serum from HSN), really plumps and retains moisture all day for me. And I think the ingredients are great (listed at HSN) and 2 big bottles for less the $30, I think there was concern about the "urea" in the ingredients, which is an ingredient I see in a lot of products... These 2 are definitely staples for me!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Majorb, actually I used to buy the Palmers Skin Smoothing Lotion in Boots but recently tried to get some more and literally couldn't find it anywhere. It seems to have disappeared from the Boots Online Store aswell Rolling Eyes So I managed to find somewhere online in the UK that sells it and bought 5 bottles Razz
I wouldn't say it's as moisturising as the Palmers Cocoa butter and sadly it hasn't got the great smell either! Though it doesn't smell bad at all! It's not as thick in consistancy and is more like a lotion than a thicker butter, but I find it easier to wear in the day especially and I find it enough for my dry skin.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Apart from the Valmont Nature stuff andaman_gypsy mentioned which I rave about religiously, I find Bella Lucce body products to be extremely underrated. There are a lot of reviews about organic body products on the forums but no one ever mentions Bella Lucce which, after trying quite a few alternative brands, have come to be my favorites and are the only things that work for my cracked elbows or scaly calves. They're also inexpensive and seems to last a long time because you only need so little plus they always give out free body butters after $50 purchase and in addition monthly discounts/GWPs. I love their Peruvian Chocolate Line and body butters and am looking forward to trying their new Georgia Peach additions for the summer. They are 100% organic and source their ingredients from all over the world and sometimes their products are only seasonal due to the ingredients so I assume that means they're products are freshly made.
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Am Lactin 12% Lotion. I buy it at the pharmacy. Cheap and very effective for my ultra-dry legs and arms. I used to use a prescription lotion, but this works just as well, if not better.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Jason Natual's Vita-C Max One Minute Facial. I love it.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
aveeno daily moisturizing lotion for body!
it is easy to absorb, make the skin smooth.
it is cheap in pharmacy, especially having promotion.
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
cethaphil lotion for body lotion. I have a very sensitive skin. I used to get rashes but I subsided when I started using the product even to my so who has eczema
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yeah, I forgot to add Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion. It's my absolute HG body lotion!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 5:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Sel. It may not be moisturising enough then for me, but I'll keep a look out for it and maybe give it a go because of the exfoliating goodies. (Should be cheaper than my beloved DDF Glycolic.)
Sakana
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I liked the Babor eye cream you recommended and also Babor has a Q-10 face cream which i think is very good. Only problem is, they promised no fragrance but these products ar HEAVILY perfumed.

I think Pevonia Propolis Concentre is also very good for sensitive skin.

I think some products like Pevonia are so under-rated because they make it too exclusive and hard to buy.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Sakana wrote:
I liked the Babor eye cream you recommended and also Babor has a Q-10 face cream which i think is very good. Only problem is, they promised no fragrance but these products ar HEAVILY perfumed.

I think Pevonia Propolis Concentre is also very good for sensitive skin.

I think some products like Pevonia are so under-rated because they make it too exclusive and hard to buy.

The only products I've ever tried from Babor are the Sensational Eyes Eye Cream, Hy Ol, and Phytoactive Sensitive. I don't think any of them is fragranced, as they all stink!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
my favorite underrated products are:

1. Blistex Herbal Answer lipbalm.I have never had dry cracked bleeding peeling lips since i have started using it.

2. Spectro Jel fragrance free cleanser. This has completely helped me heal my skin barrier and doesn't give my rosacea prone skin any irritation whatsoever.

3. Loreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black. It's the only mascara i've used in over 10 years and it never lets me down.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I second Aveeno Moisturizing lotion...never leaves a sticky feeling.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
Cautious newbie wrote:
I second Aveeno Moisturizing lotion...never leaves a sticky feeling.

I adore aveeno too.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 11:28 pm      Reply with quote
Perhaps you all might like to do reviews on your underrated products. The review is such a good way to introduce the product to others who may never have considered it. And then the products may not be so underrated.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
Perhaps you all might like to do reviews on your underrated products. The review is such a good way to introduce the product to others who may never have considered it. And then the products may not be so underrated.

When I first joined this forum I felt that drug store brands or popular department store brands are not as frequently brought up as those dermatology lines (i.e noboday here uses Estee Lauder? )- in contrast to MUA. I was actually a little bit intimidated because there are so many brands that I never heard of before, yet I was considering myself product junkie. Wink
sharons123
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:40 am      Reply with quote
I had a good think about this one, and decided to think about the things that I am never without, but also are relatively cheap compared to some of the high end ranges.

The BodyShop Peppermint Foot Lotion. I have used this for at least the last 10 years. After my bath, I always use this on my feet and then slip some socks on. It just seems to cool your feet down and makes them lovely and soft. (cannot use in the summer before wearing sandals as it makes your feet very slippery). About £5.00.

The BodyShop Brow and Liner Kit. An eyebrow powder kit with two shades. I have also used this for the last 10 years or so and would not be without it. Again, this is cheap compared to some of the high ended brands and lasts for ages. About £8.00.

Vaseline, for my lips and also for the kids if their skin is a bit dry. About £2.00.

E45 cream, as my handcream (cheap and effective). About £3.00.

Cotton Flannels. I always use these to wash my body. About £1.00. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:25 am      Reply with quote
Sormuimui, I forgot about the Bella Lucce Scrubs. I recently started using them after I saw them mentioned on here and they are the best body scrubs I've ever used. At the moment I'm using the Pumpkin one and it's amazing! The Cranberry and Yuzu one has the most amazing scent too, and more importantly they do a fantastic job and don't leave too much of a oily residue afterwards. The Chocolate Silk Bath Bubbles are lovely too!
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Vaseline-It's so versatile and effective
Gold Bond moisturizer
Moisturelle
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Forgot Am Lactin 12% (can't get edit to work!)
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |