Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Any Products For Red/Brown Skin Marks?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DStats19
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
hello everyone. I'm a 21 year old male with extremely sensitive skin. when I was 13 I had heavy acne. Throughout the years, I foolishly picked them off my face. It left my face covered with multiple red marks. Some lightened with time but many remained. I especially got this oval shaped red mark (extremely dark) in the middle of my nose. I been using a concealer but even that peels off in the sun. I'm also getting those light brown marks on my arms. If you know an effective product that will lighten and/ or clear up these marks I will be eternally greatful. I been dealing with this problem for close to a decade and I can't get close near a mirror without being ashamed.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I would try asparin masks and a good vitamin C serum.
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
For red marks about the only permanent treatment is VBeam laser in the hands of a good provider...not cheap.

Brown spots are most likely sun damage. You need to first use a good quality sun block. There are some peels that people have reported success with brown spots. These would be, most likely, performed in a doctor's office. Ruby laser is also successful with removing brown spots. Lastly, a topical product made by Obagi called Clear. You can sometimes get it over the net without a RX or get it at a dr's office. It has 4% HQ which is the only topical proven to get rid of brown.

All the above treatments are not guaranteed, they are simply the most successful.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
donnababe wrote:
For red marks about the only permanent treatment is VBeam laser in the hands of a good provider...not cheap.

Brown spots are most likely sun damage. You need to first use a good quality sun block. There are some peels that people have reported success with brown spots. These would be, most likely, performed in a doctor's office. Ruby laser is also successful with removing brown spots. Lastly, a topical product made by Obagi called Clear. You can sometimes get it over the net without a RX or get it at a dr's office. It has 4% HQ which is the only topical proven to get rid of brown.

All the above treatments are not guaranteed, they are simply the most successful.

Obagi is a good suggestion. I've never tried it, but you should take a look at the photos that TAMgirl posted. Her after photos are amazing, her skin is so clear and radiant. http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=23934&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
i am still in the quest to fade my acne scars and banish acne all together!

but as suggested by Diana, definately look in TAMgirls thread on obagi...cos i was amazed by the before and after pics.

i am certainly interested in this line but cos i read that the skin goes red, flaky and dry when using it and the dangers of HQ, im a bit unsure.

there are many threads here about fading red marks, do a search and a million will pop up!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
For red marks left after blemishes, the only thing I've used that I've found has made a slight difference has been using an aspirin mask. I've tried so many products to get rid of the red marks, but now I think I'd rather try a laser treatment to get rid of them rather than spend more money and time on products.
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm currently trying out Caudalie's Vinoperfect Radiance Serum and DDF's Intensive Holistic Lighten
I'm not sure if it's coincidence or not, however I think the Caudalie may be causing a slight breakout, BUT these little annoyances aren't leaving dark marks as their previous counterparts had. I have noticed lightening of previous brown spots from old acne scars. The serum feels like a light moisturizer, and the smell is okay. The first few times it made my face feel a little tingly (I have super oily skin) but over a few days it sort of dries out the dark spots, so it looks like a scab from a burn or something...sort of hard to describe...but once I exfoliate, I was surprised to find the spot had lightened. I've only been using it for a week and a half, so I'll update once I figure out whether this is causing the breakout or not. It's not supposed to have purging qualities, but I tend to have severely acne-prone skin (i can get a pimple just by looking at my skin funny!)
I also got some samples of the DDF but I've only used that on a few spots...will see how this goes...
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |