Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Hello! New to this Board & want to introduce myself...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 44, dry skin and obsessed with eye creams! I'm trying to shift my focus to the rest of my face though, and am currently looking into Vit C serums. I think I've narrowed it down to Vivier or Skin Medica. If anyone has experience with either, please let me know your thoughts. And I'm open to suggestions! Thanks.
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2004 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Hi and welcome. I haven.t tried the vit c you mentioned,but I do use vit c fromwww.cellularskinrx.com and I find it good. I don't know if this helps or not. Very Happy
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I, too, use the C from Cellularskinrx.com and like it. Tell us more about eye cream! I love Teamine for the big splurge but use Nivea Coq10 for everyday use. Also use Eye Bright from CSRx as well for dark circles. I find the Carita Eye Mask treatment a nice relaxing way to look good before a big evening out, too.
Mabsy

Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:32 am      Reply with quote
Laughing I like your username! Welcome to the forum.

Hmmm, obsessed with eye creams huh? I guess that means I probably shouldn't mention how much I love Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream... Razz

I have not tried the SkinMedica but I have used Vivier (20%) for quite some time and I like it.

Mabsy
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:47 am      Reply with quote
Hello and welcome, I am new here too but have been using the Vivier vit c 20% and really love it. My skin seems to glow for the first time in my life Very Happy .

I have been using it both in the morning and at nite but read here this week that it lasts for 72 hours so am apparently wasting it, oops.

Ladies I love it here and have already become addicted to all of your post, thanks so much.

Sherri
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Ahhhhhh Mabsy! you have a soulmate to talk eyecreams with rofl

I have a question about the vivier c....am I understang correctly when you say that it lasts 3 days? I'm nearly out of my skinceuticles and have had my curiosity piqued. I must clearly look into this Think

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:49 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Ahhhhhh Mabsy! you have a soulmate to talk eyecreams with rofl

I have a question about the vivier c....am I understang correctly when you say that it lasts 3 days? I'm nearly out of my skinceuticles and have had my curiosity piqued. I must clearly look into this Think

Hi guapagirl,
Not sure if your question is to me or not and sorry can't really help you if it is. I am new here and have read so much over the last week that my head is in a bit of a spin. But I could swear that I had read here somewhere this week that the c's stay with you for 72 hours.

It is lots of fun here but can be a bit overwhelming when you first come in and try to read all the posts from the last few months in two hours lol...
Sherri
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2004 8:03 am      Reply with quote
LOL! for sanities sake I never go back more than 3 days unless I want to do a search on something! Welcome anyway Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:18 am      Reply with quote
The research shows that l-ascorbic acid continues soaking up free radicals for up to 72 hours after application (but not to the extent that it did on Day One of application). That's why they say to use it once each day in general. But, yes, it is still present on the third day.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:57 am      Reply with quote
.....so if I'm short of time or skint and I'm running low on the fountain of my youth Laughing , then I couls skip applying it every other day? Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 20, 2004 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the responses and such good info already! I added Carita mask and Cellcosmet to my "List" (Teamine was already on it!) Also dying to try Matis eye repair but, I will not, will not purchase anymore eyecreams till winter. And I'll do a separate post soon on all my many experiences with those I have purchased.

Definitely leaning towards the Vivier C...
RoseAnn
5% products discount

Tue Jul 20, 2004 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
HI Welcome Smile to the forums. Love your username.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |