Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
What is your favorite scent? What gets the most compliments
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have a few favorites like Angel and Acca Bella, but want to know what scents last and garner the most compliments? And where do you find THE scent?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Tabac Blond, especially vintage. I bloke just came up to me yesterday in hte car park and told me I smelled beautiful Very Happy people love it even if they can't place it as perfume!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Tabac Blond, especially vintage. I bloke just came up to me yesterday in hte car park and told me I smelled beautiful Very Happy people love it even if they can't place it as perfume!

And where do you get it? Pray
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:08 am      Reply with quote
ahhh, well, that is the thing. You can only really get it from Caron boutiques in Paris and New York. It's what is known as an Urn fragrance and they are pure perfumes sold on tap out of huge Baccarat urns.

But, you can get decants from fragarentfripperies.com which are pretty reasonable in price. My first one was $50 for 7.5ml. It sounds a lot but it is PURE purfume and a little goes a long way.

However, Guapaboy got me a bottle of vintage TB for my birthday. It maybe 60-70 years old, but my god does it smell good! waaay better than the modern one (they had to change the formula a few years ago because of a theoretical health problem with one ingredient ...can't remember which one). You can sometimes find them on ebay but they are expensive and I suppose you also run the risk of getting one that has been ruined with bad storage.

It smells of warm skin after sex and leather.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Now I HAVE to have it!!!
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Guapagirl...you crack me up.. So if I have sex and then rub myself with leather, will that have the same effect, scent-wise? Or, should I have sex while wrapped in leather? Pointers, please!
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I always get compliments on Spring Flowers by Creed. Men and Women both love it. It was designed for Audrey Hepburn...major selling point for me Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Chocolat wrote:
Guapagirl...you crack me up.. So if I have sex and then rub myself with leather, will that have the same effect, scent-wise? Or, should I have sex while wrapped in leather? Pointers, please!

Sex wrapped in leather should do the trick Wink

Snow, I have never tried Creed perfumes. Too scared to find another expensive hard to get must have! Laughing

The next one on my list is musca kublai khan (I think that's how it's spelled) Apparently it smells of circus animals but in a good way! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
Angel and Estee Lauder's Private Collection always gets me compliments. They doesn't smell as alluring as the description of Guapagirl's, but if I wore that around all the farm animals would probably be following me! Now it's just the hubby and mosquitos. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:24 am      Reply with quote
I ALWAYS get compliments from friends as well as total strangers when I wear L'eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake. It's a clean, fresh, white floral scent. Not too sweet and flowery, though. I think it makes a great summer fragrance.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:53 am      Reply with quote
Both men and women always ask me what I'm wearing when I have on Jovan Musk. Cheap and cheerful but does the trick. Out of all my perfumes this is the one I am asked about most often. Joy by Patou has people following me down the street. Mitsouko by Guerlain is a love/hate perfume. Younger people, both men and women, seem to hate it. Older people (say 35 onwards) often comment on how lovely it is, however I wear this perfume for myself alone. I wouldn't wear it if I was trying to impress someone, because it is such a love/hate perfume. No one reacts at all when I wear Shalimar, despite the fact that it is one of the most famous orientals of all time. I only wear it because I have a stockpile of bottles because people keep giving it to me (and I wish they wouldn't). These days I basically just wear it to bed. On the other hand Chantilly, originally by Houbigant and now produced by Dana, is an ultra cheap powdery oriental which always gets favourable comments. Younger women regularly ask me what I'm wearing when I have on Charlie (the original in the blue box).

Men love the way Anglomania by Vivienne Westwood smells on me. I get hit on all the time when I wear it, particularly by younger men. Boudoir by Westwood gets positive comments from older men and really nasty looks from other women. Libertine (discontinued) also by Westwood is another love/hate perfume. Works really well in bubbly outgoing settings settings, but don't wear it to work. Vivid by Liz Claiborne (discontinued) is a perfume that people respond positively to but never ask what it is. Same with Jardins de Bagatelle. Men comment favourably when I wear White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor. Feminine by D&G gets favourable comments from both men and women.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:16 am      Reply with quote
luckylouie wrote:
Boudoir by Westwood gets positive comments from older men and really nasty looks from other women.

That's one of the brilliant things about Boudoir! apart from the packaging of course!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I always get complements whenever I wear Pheromone or Destiny by Marilyn Miglin, especially the Pheromone. It's light, refreshing and makes me feel invincible! Smile

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:25 am      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
I always get complements whenever I wear Pheromone or Destiny by Marilyn Miglin, especially the Pheromone. It's light, refreshing and makes me feel invincible! Smile

I've been thinking about getting a pheromone ... do you wear it under your normal scent?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
athena123 wrote:

I've been thinking about getting a pheromone ... do you wear it under your normal scent?

Nope, I wear Pheromone along. It's a brand name of perfume. It's a green scent with hints of jasmine. Very expensive if you buy in department stores but very affordable if you buy it on ebay! Very Happy

Here's the link if you're interested.
http://www.marilynmiglin.com/Fragrance/Pheromone/history.asp

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I love my perfume (Dior Addict) but if you're just talking about compliments those come from Biosilk Cure on my hair!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:

Nope, I wear Pheromone along. It's a brand name of perfume. It's a green scent with hints of jasmine. Very expensive if you buy in department stores but very affordable if you buy it on ebay! Very Happy

athena, would you be able to recommend a particular ebay seller for this fragrance?

Thanks!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Harmonster wrote:
I love my perfume (Dior Addict) but if you're just talking about compliments those come from Biosilk Cure on my hair!

Harmonster, you mean this stuff?
Snake
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
Jasmine and Rose in general
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:55 am      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
athena123 wrote:

athena, would you be able to recommend a particular ebay seller for this fragrance?

Thanks!

Hey nadjazz [cool name, btw!] I've purchased Pheromone from a seller named meidy several times over the past few years. Quick ship, great price and brand new in the box just as described.

Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:16 am      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:
Harmonster wrote:

Harmonster, you mean this stuff?

Yes!!!
People stop me and tell me I smell good, most of them having no idea it's coming from my hair.

Took me a while to figure out what it was that they were smelling.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I ordered the pheromone from M Miglin and my hubby about through me out the house while holding a barf bag.. NOT GOOD on me anyways...good thing I could send it back.

I get lots of compliments on most anything Givenchy but Indecence is truly amazing.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
I also love jasmine, green tea, rose only...
can't really take too much of smell in general
chazzsmom99

Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
The one I get the most compliments on is Desperate Housewive's Forbidden Fruit.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have gotten endless compliments - including strangers stopping me when I wear Dolce & Gabbana light blue. I am always surprised they can smell it because it's very light.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |