Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Tighten & Lift Peptight™ 360˚ Tightening Eye Serum (30 ml / 1 floz)
Aaaack - I have a moustache! Suggestions?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I'm very fair and have blonde hair and blonde facial/body hair, and I've never been particularly concerned with it. I get my brows waxed maybe twice a year and maintain on my own in between, and I'm pretty cheap and low-maintenance about things like salon visits, preferring to do most stuff myself. But just now I noticed a big half-inch-long blonde hair on my chin! And the area around my lips has much longer hair than it used to, so even though it's fine and blonde, it's getting pretty noticeable! Damn that harsh fluorescent lighting in my office bathroom. Anyone have any good inexpensive, preferably natural, non-salon-visit-requiring tips? I'm kinda skeeved out by formulas like Nair, and I'm too cheap for regular waxing or threading or sugaring appointments - plus my skin is very sensitive and gets red for DAYS after a brow wax, so I can't imagine what I'd look like with my whole jaw all red and flustered. I'm hoping someone here has some kind of magic alternative - are there "natural" hair removal creams? Bleaching will do nothing as it's already blonde, it's just LONG! Ah, the joys of aging - I'm only 26, I wonder if I'd develop a full beard by the time I was 50 if left untreated? Wink I swear this hair wasn't like this a mere year ago!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
hpjrt
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
There are several threads here on EDS about this subject. There's a huge thread on shaving ...

There is an epilator-type machine that works well for some.

Some women pluck out the hairs ... but depending upon how many you're dealing with ... that could take some time.

There is hard wax ... where you don't need strips ... but it's not as effective as the "ordinary" wax with muslin strips.

It all depends upon what you're comfortable with. I don't advise the Veet formula for facial hair removal ... I had a rather vicious reaction from it.

Since you're blonde, laser hair removal probably wouldn't work for you. The laser works on pigment ... so dark hair in light skin is best for that.

Do a search on "shaving" ... you'll find some interesting posts! Very Happy

Mary

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Also, you might research hair-growth-retardant products. Aveeno has, or had one -- a face lotion.

Bliss and other companies have products with capislow, a hair-growth retardant. Some people incorporate capislow into their DIY home formulations.

You might also look into Vaniqa -- it's a prescription cream (though expensive and not likely to be covered by your insurance).
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I use an epilator.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Try an Epicare device based on threading. You can get an even cheaper knockoff on Ebay. Put "Epicare" on the search engine here at EDS to read more about it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Dry shaving is the quickest and easiest and painfree!! This is the best method for me.
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 2:15 am      Reply with quote
I second the dry shaving, particularly if you have fair hair. I am a brunette but have fairly light facial hair. I have been shaving my moustache and some fairly fine downy hair on my cheeks for around 10 years. The moustache has some darker, thicker hairs right at the corners of my mouth and I simply pluck them out.

The trick is not to try and close shave like a man, instead just skim the razor against your dry skin so that you get off most, but not all of the hair. This way it looks natural, after all we all have some hair on our faces, but doesn't look really obvious under foundation or powder (or fluorescent lights for that matter).
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:31 am      Reply with quote
I second the Epicare... very easy and effective.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:26 am      Reply with quote
I use a nail scissor to trim the hair when it gets too long on me. This has worked well for me for years.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:40 am      Reply with quote
It's hormones. hair on the face happens. Just pluck out the one on the chin. You can either go get your mustache waxed, wax it yourself, or use a deplitory. I use the Nair for face. It's actually pretty gentle.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:24 am      Reply with quote
I suggest: electorlysis. Yes, it can hurt a bit, but a numbing cream takes care of that. And if you do it for a while, with a good person, you can get rid of those hairs forever. No shaving, tweezing, creams, etc...
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:21 am      Reply with quote
i used to just pluck the hair..but i find that it takes a real long time, so then i moved onto using veet waxing strips but they dont always grab the tiny hairs...so after reading reviews on the epicare here, i bought one and do find that its the best method iv tried so far. although i still need to pluck the tiny hairs out, its so fast and easy to use once u get the hang of it

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for all your suggestions, I'll have to keep this in mind. I thought the Epicare was a different thing than it actually is, but after looking it up online and reading about it, it looks pretty simple (and cheap!). But if I recall, there was a similar spring-based device back in the '80s or early '90s that was actually an electronic gadget that vibrated a spring so hairs could get caught in it (maybe an Epilady?). I remember trying one of those and finding it was the most PAINFUL thing I'd ever tried - worse than waxing, because at least with waxing it's over in one fell swoop! I'll go read up on the Epicare forums elsewhere, but if any of y'all want to share what the pain-o-meter is for you and Epicare, I'd be curious! My boyfriend thinks it looks like a torture device (but then, he was wearing tapered acid-washed jeans until I met him, haha). Thanks again for all your help, hopefully I'll be hair-free soon!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
System
Automatic Message
Sun May 12, 2024 10:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |