Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
A ghost wants to have human complexion again!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
puma7
5% products discount

Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Before you start giving me psyhic`s phone numbers, I will explain: I just bought a physical Z-cote sunscreen.Thats right, the formula that is supposedly "transparent". Well...it is not.When I went out to the shops, half the people were staring and the other half were avoiding me and I found out why when my boyfriend said: Hello, Grim Death !Strangest thing : when I entered a darkened room and looked in the mirror, the white cast effect was more obvious. The criminal: Obagi C Sunguard SPF30 killed even my already very pale complexion.So even though I hate chemical sunscreens, I`d rather be greasy than...undead?

Am I the only person that had the above experience?And what does a sunscreen have to have to deserve the name? Personally I am looking for ,in order of importance, :

1.transparent texture

2.best UVA protection (Can only be achieved with Zinc Oxide,Z-cote(a form of Zinc Oxide),Titanium Oxide or STABILISED avobenzone (also called Parsol).)

3.best UVB protection

1 & 2 seem to exclude one another in physical sunscreens, so only Avobenzone,chemical sunblock, remains.This ingredient however is WORTHLESS if not stabilised with for example Octocrylene(another chemical).
Phew!
Chemistry was never my favourite subject,I just dont want to be wrinkly when Im 55 - a dream I think most of you share.But looking dead ,even if wrinkle free,is not an option.

I have pale combination skin, from Sunscreens I have also tried and have doubts about :
-Decleor Ecran Haute Protection SPF 20 - found it very shiny and greasy-LOOKing even though it doesnt FEEL greasy,it balls under make-up;

-Dermalogica Solar Defense Booster- this one had good texture , but is avobenzone stabilised
here (and with what?)or does it just dissolve on the skin within 30 min??I have my doubts.

Tried mixing Obagi with L`oreal Cashmere foundation - didnt work -still very white look.

Any help/comment very much appreciated!

P.S.
...or I might start haunting you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
On the makeupalley board, the big winners for stable suncreens seem to be the Shiseido spf 55 and the Anthelios 30. If you go over there and do a search you will get more info than you probably ever wanted to know but it's accurate and very informative. The Anthelios is popular but I can't remember which one - there's a matte version and then another one....I think PeterThomasRoth also has a chemical-free spf 30 that is fairly lightweight that has gotten good reviews. It has the ziox and the tio2 in it but micronized so more transparent....
scootercat
5% products discount

Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
You beat me to it...now I'll just have to second the recommendation. I love shiseido sunscreens. I use their super smooth spf 33 everyday and it doesn't make me look like a ghost. It is very lotion-like and has a matte finish.

amy
puma7
5% products discount

Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
thank you so much for replying,betterat40 and scootercat. I was feeling a bit desperate but it is passing now. I mean, hey,talk about discovering a gap in the market and room for improvement on existing products.Cosmetics companies pay for the research, well, they can have tons of mine for free Smile
I will try shiseido next for the texture or PTR as I so much want something breathable and non chemical. Thank you !

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2004 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I like MD Formulations total protector (spf 30). This has a physical sunscreen, goes on well and is not greasy(on my skin at least). I have used it under make-up without problems, but it is important to use a thin layer. If you use to much it tend to flake. I think it is available with light colour, but i use the uncoloured one.
CharlieBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I LOVE shiseido sunscreens too!! They are wonderful and really don't feel like sunscreens at all.

CB
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:25 am      Reply with quote
I have spent a long time perfecting a 'living dead look' and personally don't see what your problem is! That said if the advice given so far comes to nothing, there is a huge sticky on handbag with loads of info and if you still can't find what you want, then register and PM chillipaddi, (who must have a chemistry after all her research into suncreams) and ask her or post on the thread. Either way she is very friendly and helpful.

Yours, Morticia Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:28 am      Reply with quote
sorry a zombie ate my brain and I forgot the link Neutral

http://forums.handbag.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=151113

Cool

Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |