Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
My New Regimen - long
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, I have been promising forever to post reviews of my new regimen (mostly Kate Somerville) I am finally sitting down to do this...it may get a little windy, Very Happy

I am just going to review the products that I use on a fairly regular basis. I, like many of you I am sure, have a ton of products that I use occasionally, but I have a core of products that I use regularly.

Ok, here is what I have been using and reviews will follow:

Morning

~MD Forte Glycare Cleanser, KS Exfoiliating Cleaser or KS Gentle Daily Cleanser
~Dr. Hauschka Clarifying Toner (occationally)
~KS Total Vitamin Serum
~LRP Effeclear K acne lotion
~KS Goat Milk Cream
~Shisiedo Sunscreen

Evening

~KS Exfoiliating Cleaser or KS Gentle Daily Cleanser
~SkinMedica Acne Toner
~Tazorac .1% gel
~KS Deep tissue Repair

~MD Forte Glycare Cleanser, KS Exfoiliating Cleaser or KS Gentle Daily Cleanser - MD Forte Cleanser will always be a staple for me. I like to use it in the morning, especially if my face is getting congested. I like the two KS cleansers, but I don't think they are anything special. I love the way they smell and they feel nice when I am using them. The exfoiliating cleanser does not seem to be particularly exfoiliating and it would probably be somewhat irritating to someone with sensitive skin due to the peppermint oil.

~Dr. Hauschka Clarifying Toner, SkinMedica Acne Toner. I really don't believe that toners are necessary, but I love the way the Dr. H toner feels. I use the skinmedica toner when my skin is getting congested

~LRP Effeclear K acne lotion - I decided to try this product after reading the reviews on MUA. I was looking for something effective, but not too harsh. I apply it to my jaw line, just about everyday. It is a very elegant fluid and does not dry my skin.

KS Goat Milk Cream - I love this cream! Because of my oily skin, I have always shied away from using a moisturizer in the morning. To my surprise, when I use this, my face is less oily. I have not had any congestion problems with this. Sometimes it stings slightly if I have just exfoiliated. It leaves a very matte finish, which is something us oily skin gals really love.

~KS Vitamin Serum - I decided to try this serum because I liked other KS products so much and it is much cheaper than the skinceuticals and IS Clinical serums I normally use. It is kind of hard for me to review this because I have been using C serums forever, so at this point, I am not seeing ongoing improvement. That being said, I can definitely see deterioation if I STOP using the serum. I have been using this serum for over two months and I have not noticed any changes for the worse in my skin (only improvements) so I am assuming that it is working as good as or better than my previous mainstays. It smells like the nourish moisturizer. I love the texture (again, good for us oily skin gals) It is thicker than Skinceuticals, but not nearly as much slip as IS Clinical. It may not be appropriate for those with dry skin, as it could increase dryness.

~Shisiedo Sunscreen - I have been using this sunscreen for several years now. I have tried other things, but always come back to this one. It has a great texture, very fluid. It does not leave a white cast and dries very matte. Most importantly, it stands up to these hot texas summers and has never let me down.

~KS Deep Tissue Repair - I didn't want to, but I love this. It is one of those products that you can't quite put your finger on what it is doing, but wow...it is doing something. I love the scent. When I first touched it, I though it would be too heavy for my oily skin, but it sank right in. My skin is less oily and red. My skin has evened out and is very smooth. You can actually see the difference when I get up in the morning. Many people are asking what ingrediant makes this product so special and worth $150. I can tell you that I don't know and I don't really care. I have tried tons of creams with the 'best' most 'active' ingrediants and have never had results like this.

As far as eye creams go, I am still using my trustworthy cellcosmet eye cream. I am also trialing KS Line Release. I haven't seen any substantial results, but I have only been using it for a short time.

Liz

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your reviews Abejita! I had made up my mind not to purchase any of the Kate Somerville products, that was until I read your reviews Very Happy I'm still a bit confused as to which would be better for me, the Goat Cream or Nourish. Though i'm quite interested in reading more about the MD Forte Glycare Cleanser now, and LRP Effeclear K acne lotion.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Sel wrote:
I'm still a bit confused as to which would be better for me, the Goat Cream or Nourish.

oh me too!!!

i wanna try them both (hopefully i can get samples of this on EDS) cos its gonna be about £100 to buy them both...

KS reps suggest that its best if i buy the Nourish yet after reading reviews on here, its the goat milk cream....arrrr Confused

hopefully more people will contribute their experiences of both these moisturisers Very Happy

edited to add- thanks for the brilliant review!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I would say give both of them a try. The nourish is a bit heavier, but not by a lot. I don't think that in the texas summer I could use it with my super oily skin, but I probably could use it in the winter. I don't know why they quite recommending the goat milk cream for acne prone skin. The KS rep that helped me recommended it, but that was several months ago.

I do love the md forte glycare line. I don't use it as much as I used to, though. I decided that part of the reason my face stayed red and rough was that I was being a bit too aggressive in my attempt to control my acne and oily skin. I used the glycare cleanser and lotion pretty regularly and I think they are great products. They are really effective and do not cost an arm and a leg. The glycare cleanser always makes my face feel super smooth. The KS exfoiliating cleanser has nothing on the glycare cleanser and if you are looking for a true exfoiliating cleaser go with the md forte.

Give the LRP K lotion a try. It is inexpensive at $19 or so a tube. I think I got a sample in an EDS order. I used it and liked it so I did a little research and decided to purchase.

liz

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I should add that the reason I did this review is because my skin is looking better than it has in years. No cystic acne, maybe a couple small pimples over the past few months. My pores are much less noticable and my skin is less oily. Also, my perpetual redness is all but gone and my skin texture has greatly improved.

liz

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
ur so helpful liz! i have added the goat milk cream back into my cart (but wont be buying it til a few months time)!!!

have u tried the JM cleanser?
i ordered this as i wanted to try out the whole of JM's regime...but after hearing about the md forte cleanser, i cant help but wonder....hate myself for doing this!

its great to hear that ur skin is better looking now!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried the JM skinzyme cleanser and liked it. If I had to choose, I would choose the md forte though. It is much more economical (i think that you get 8oz for 20 or 23 bucks) and I think it works a bit better.

I have a bit of a cleanser fetish, so I am always trying new cleanser and at any given time I have three or four in my shower. Embarassed

liz

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
The Kate Somerville products are reeeally tempting. I've been reading so many raves. After I get rid of some of the stuff I've already paid for, I might give these a try. Kinda pricey but if it will give me great skin, it would be worth it. Gotta clear my acne first though Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Great review! I too, like the KS products I've tried so far. It's only been just over a week though so I want to wait a bit before doing my own reviews. I do think my face does seem a bit brighter. I've also been using the Line Release and really, too soon to tell the long term effects, BUT the dark circles under my eyes are looking more "rested". It's subtle, but it does seem like a very slight brightening is happening (it might only be that I've had a good week though Smile ).
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Moonstarr,

I can't wait to read your reviews.

liz

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
From your description I think The Goat Cream sounds better for me than the Nourish. I can't stand wearing anything too heavy on my skin in the day, since I have a tendancy to get oily. Anyhow my samples should be here anyday now.

I actually don't 'really' need another moisturizer type product. So I may hold off purchasing any KS products, unless any of the samples completely wow me. I am however going to purchase the LRP K Lotion you mentioned, my skin sounds similar to how you've described yours. Hopefully my skin will respond just as well as yours has Very Happy it's so inexpensive so I shall give it a try.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I really loved reading your review. I can't help but think that if I lived in your State, I would be using Goat Milk cream. Confused

Thank you so much for sharing your regime!
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
I really loved reading your review. I can't help but think that if I lived in your State, I would be using Goat Milk cream. Confused

It does make a huge difference. Today was 93 degrees and we haven't really even gotten into summer. Soon enough, it will be 105 or so....but I'll take that any day over freezing cold dry weather! I love hot summer weather...I basically hybernate in the winter.

liz

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
abejita wrote:
Skincare wrote:

It does make a huge difference. Today was 93 degrees and we haven't really even gotten into summer. Soon enough, it will be 105 or so....but I'll take that any day over freezing cold dry weather! I love hot summer weather...I basically hybernate in the winter.

liz

I envy you and anyone else who live in those conditions! Today was like...22 degrees but it was nice today.
laurieanne

Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
I have never tried KS stuff, but I got a big sample of deep tissue repair with an order, and I really noticed a difference too! And I really never do.... gee, I don't want to buy it, lol.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:
abejita wrote:
Skincare wrote:

liz

I envy you and anyone else who live in those conditions! Today was like...22 degrees but it was nice today.

I don't envy me. It's been 105 for the past several days (40.5 in C) and its too darn hot!!
It get so hot here, my sandals melted one day when I walked across a parking lot while shopping.

Give me winter over this heat any day! Very Happy
You can always put on layers when it cold, you can only take, uh, so many off when its hot!

ETA: I meant to say, what a GREAT idea to REVIEW a ROUTINE instead of just a product.

I should sit down and do this...my routine has been great thus far...until I get bored though Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
I had to laugh at your melting shoe comment. That happens to me all the time in the summer (well, not exactly the melting) but my flip flops and sandles will get almost too hot to walk on if I walk in the sun with them for too long.

liz

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
Skincare wrote:
abejita wrote:
Skincare wrote:

liz

I don't envy me. It's been 105 for the past several days (40.5 in C) and its too darn hot!!
It get so hot here, my sandals melted one day when I walked across a parking lot while shopping.

Give me winter over this heat any day! Very Happy
You can always put on layers when it cold, you can only take, uh, so many off when its hot!

ETA: I meant to say, what a GREAT idea to REVIEW a ROUTINE instead of just a product.

I should sit down and do this...my routine has been great thus far...until I get bored though Laughing

But I do envy you! I love the heat! Layered clothes makes you look fat. Shock
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |