Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Way to restore hair??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 27, 2008 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Redken Deep Fuel? Works for me!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
A friend of mine really destroyed her hair recently and was able to restore it quite well with Moroccanoil. I have recently begun using Kerastase products and find that they've evened out my hair in terms of distributing the oil from my roots right down to the ends.

Good luck!
Serena1018

Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Moroccan Hair Oil in helping nourish dry hair. I personally damaged my hair with hair extensions and flat irons.

Long story short, when I had my extensions removed, I could not even keep a ponytail holder in my hair. I have naturally curly hair and had to cut it off to my neck. It was in awful condition.

To restore my hair....I used the following:
Moroccan Hair Oil three times at night. I leave it on all night.
Cholesterol Hair Conditioner. I use this 2 times per month.
Biotin Supplement. (I take this daily)
Pureology Shampoo and Conditioner (Hydrate). Pureology is expensive but well wroth it.
The other important thing I use is a thermal protectant spray for blow drying, curling or flat ironing. I do not have a preference on the thermal spray but currently am using Matrix Smooth.

I hope this helps. It is beyond devastating to have hair in bad condition.

Serena
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:02 am      Reply with quote
lavendula wrote:
massage head skin with good brush and use ginger to scratch the place you want hair to grow thicker.
I use the ginger method for my eyebrow, it works!!!

Hi Lavendula Smile

Oh, I'm very curious about the ginger method. How does it work? How do you do it?

Thanks so much in advance!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi cm5597 - In case Lavendula doesn't see your question, I have a recipe from Care2.com for a Ginger Hair Massage. I don't know if it's the same, but here goes:

1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
1 tablespoon sesame or jojoba oil

Combine and massage into the scalp. Leave at least 30 minutes but it can be left overnight if you wear a shower cap. Shampoo and finish with a cold-water rinse.

Hope that helps!
Luminosity
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used or heard of HERSTYLER HAIR SERUM VITAMIN E AND ALOE VERA (sorry it's in caps, it was copied and pasted from Amazon). The reviews seem very positive. I had the worst haircut this weekend and had to go see a second (more expensive) stylist to fix it. It was like six months of regrowth gone in an instant. Bummed doesn't even describe it.

It's probably as good as it can look without going super pixie... but...I need to flat iron it until it gets longer (it's a bob that's been tapered and will look really stupid without some edge). Knowing I've got a good four months of this, I have to buy something that will give me some protection.

I'm hoping this product works.. If anyone's heard of it, I'd love to know... I"m also going to buy some biotin.

Moral: Never, never have your neighbor cut your hair even if she is the nicest person in the world. And does it for a living. And doesn't charge a lot. Maybe that was the tip off??? Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Bessie wrote:
Hi cm5597 - In case Lavendula doesn't see your question, I have a recipe from Care2.com for a Ginger Hair Massage. I don't know if it's the same, but here goes:

1 tablespoon finely grated ginger
1 tablespoon sesame or jojoba oil

Combine and massage into the scalp. Leave at least 30 minutes but it can be left overnight if you wear a shower cap. Shampoo and finish with a cold-water rinse.

Hope that helps!

Hi Bessie,

Thank you so much! I will have to try that; it sounds very interesting Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Burts Bee's Avocado Pre-shampoo Treatment is what I have liked using to keep my hair healthy looking but I'm having a hard time finding it now. I hope they haven't quit making it!
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I love this stuff, Briarrose... I haven't seen it for a while but stocked up in Hawaii a few years ago. Bought 25 of them Smile

brierrose wrote:
Burts Bee's Avocado Pre-shampoo Treatment is what I have liked using to keep my hair healthy looking but I'm having a hard time finding it now. I hope they haven't quit making it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm...maybe I'll have to take a trip to Hawaii. Very Happy If I find it anywhere I'll be stocking up too, Antonia...I'll have to start checking online I quess.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:08 am      Reply with quote
A friend of mine was suffering from thinning hair after having a reaction to medication she had been prescribed. She swore by this product:
http://www.komazahaircare.com/products/110/HoneyComb+Hair+Rejuvenator.html

To keep my hair healthy, I avoid using products with silicones and I never use sulfates to cleanse my hair. I don't shampoo more than once every 4 days. Even if I have to wet my hair, I just rub my scalp while I have my head under the water and then condition it. I know others who will use a conditioner to 'wash' their hair and then rinse it out. They still apply a conditioner afterwards. I prefer to just really rub my scalp while under water and then condition. I always use a leave-in conditioner.

For any curly haired ladies out there,www.naturallycurly.com is a wonderful resource. It not only showed me how to care for my curls, but taught me to love them. I no longer struggle with my hair.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I don't think u can restore damaged hair but can prevent it from being damaged least less seriously by applying hair serum /leave on conditioner etc before teasing with flat iron.

Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |