Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

skin advice..
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cool
an other following up question after asking advises for using Murad or Dermalogica.
(I noticed that there is a lot of skin experts here). I am a amateur in this area and I really need advice in which mark I should use. I thought of Murad but then I also heard of dr hauschka especially the rejuvenating mask. Is dr hauschka rejuvenating a mark there I should use all Their products or combine?
My skin is very dry but lastly a lot of break outs and pimples. Should Murad’s anti bacterial cleanser be to strong?
I really really need some help and I hope you have some advice for me!
Mabsy

Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:35 am      Reply with quote
I usually mix brands and try to find products that work for me without really paying attention to what brand it is from. I am using some Dr Hauschka products at the moment and also using quite a few others.

So my advice to you would be to stop trying to pinpoint a particular brand. Forget the brand and try to find products that work for your skin type.

Mabsy
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:45 am      Reply with quote
I thought the products worked better if I ues the same brand (for exampel cleanser and cream). I never really thought of buying a cleaning cream in one bran a tonic in one and a cream in an other. Do you have any recommendations?
scootercat
5% products discount

Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:17 am      Reply with quote
A lot of brands try to sell you that idea obviously because it is better for their bottom line if you stay within their brand for all your skincare needs. There is no reason to believe that it makes any difference whether you use all one brand or you mix them. Most brands have a few steller products mixed in with a lot of mediocre ones. I totally agree with Mabsy, just find products that works with your skin type irregardless of brand.

amy
Mabsy

Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Perhaps it might be worth looking into the natural skincare lines like YonKa? I know YonKa Juvenil http://www.essentialdayspa.com/Yon-ka_Treatment_Creams.htm has been well reviewed here before (do a search) and it's for acne prone skin. It also won't be as drying as the AHA based products and can be used under your usual moisturiser.

Btw, what are you currently using? Is there any chance that your skin woes are due to products that are just not suitable for your skin? Or have you always had these problems regardless of what you use?

Mabsy
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:20 am      Reply with quote
I did a glycolic peeling this spring (jan until march) and I bought (cleanser, cream, tonic) that the salon told me to use. The brand is called LAKSHMI and is made from natural products. My skin got quite terrible after this peeling… Crying or Very sad Very very dry but alwas acne (I think they are stress related because I never had acne before not even as a teenager..) They gave me products for dry skin, as I indeed have bur I also needs something for the acne that doesn’t dry my skin to much…It quite complicated…
The Lakshimi products are running out and I would like to try a new product(s) for my skin in order to get it normal again.
I am quite desperate…. (Before the peeling I used Helena Rubenstein)
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2004 6:35 am      Reply with quote
I should also say that it vas a Fruit Acid treatment they used. After 5 sittings I got very dry and red around my eyes and in the end I did just 8 sitting of 10. This also got me a little afraid of the acids and aha but maybe they put it on to strong..
The skin before the peeling was always quite dry and with acne. I have not back heads
And my skin doesn’t seem very impure..
Mabsy

Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:51 am      Reply with quote
hmm this is a tough one, but I have another suggestion and hopefully someone else will chime in. I thought of your post this morning when I was doing a little DIY facial. I used my MDF Clearing Complex Mask and it didn't really seem drying. You only keep it on for about 10 minutes so it should be ok. I also have not found the Dermalogica Medicared Clearing Gel to be overly drying, but if it is drying for you then you could use something with hyaluronic acid over it to boost the moisture.

A good option might also be the Dr Hauschka Rhythmic Night Conditioner. You have to use this for 28 days in a row and it's supposed to normalise your skin. You might also want to try the Dr Hauschka Rejuventaing Mask which is very nice and soothing and also (apparently - according to the box) is slightly exfoliating. Dr Hauschka sells miniature sized products of most of its range so I suggest that in your case you try them first before purchasing the full size.

That's all I can think of at the moment, sorry. Your best bet is to wait for someone to respond who has the same issues as you, or to call the spa directly and ask for advice.

Mabsy
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy Ok I been looking around for some good products for my skin …
What do you think about those I will buy either group one or two..
What kind of experience do you have of the products bellow?

1. dr hauschka rejuvenating mask
SkinCeuticals Simply Clean
SkinCeuticals Serum 15
Decleor Nutri-Delice Meltingly Soft Nourishing

2. dr hauschka rejuvenating mask
Murad Perfecting Day Cream
Murad Moisture Rich Skin Cleanser
Murad Essential C Toner
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 26, 2004 8:34 am      Reply with quote
The products matby advised me about was unfortunately not available at the net for me
jjohscot

Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:48 pm      Reply with quote
new to forum....what is Dr. Hauschka? are these products good? What about their cleansers?
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
jjohscot
Dr. Hauschka's products are natural plant based. A few die hard fans of Dr. H would recommend the Cleansing Cream. I have tried it and it was ok since i have oily skin i prefer a gel based cleanser. Also thier Reju. Mask is good. Give them a try

Becks
Sicne i have decleor Aromaessence Oil and Balm for night time. Try the one for your skin type, i think it's Rose de orient.
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2004 2:02 am      Reply with quote
I will go for the decleor cream then : Does anybody have some comments or views on Murads products?
Mabsy

Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:47 am      Reply with quote
I'd go with group 1 - just because I'm a die hard fan of vitamin C Laughing Becks, the MDF products I wrote about are available on this site http://www.essentialdayspa.com/md.htm if you want to read more about them.

I also really like the Dr H Rejuvenating Mask and yes, I am one of the people that keeps raving about the Dr H cleansing cream Embarassed I can see why people with oily skin may not like it though.

I have used a few of the Murad products (and liked them) but I have not used any of the ones you listed.

Mabsy
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
i agree with Mabsy, use what works for you, just because something costs $100 doesn't mean it's good, about using the same line, i don't believe it, I mean come on does your skin know weather your washing your face with dermalogica, and putting on origins cream? don't think so, I just say see what works for you,I think that Dermalogica it a superb line, i've been using it for years and i'm very happy with it, I don't use everything from it, like their cleansers i've tried them all, some how they just don't work out for me, it's all right, use one that does do the job, Good Luck Wink
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |