Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Isiah Washington Leaving Gray's Anatomy - too much PC?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I was really sorry to hear that Isiah Washington has been fired from Gray's because of his remarks about co-star. Isiah has apologized up and down what else did he need to do?

For one careless remark I think this is taking the politically correct way too far. Let's face it, in a free society [gulp, this is still America, isn't it?] you will hear things that will offend you whether you're gay, straight, man, woman, white, black, brown, catholic, mormon, etc..... I'm tired of the thought police on both the left and right dictating everything we say, feel and do in the name of "diversity", "faith" and the all-inclusive "policitally correct".

Do other countries have to deal with all of this ridulousness? Is ridiculousness even a word? Laughing

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
I thought he also had pushed someone against a wall ... so it wasn't just his comments and verbal abuse, but physical violence as well. I think it was Patrick Dempsey he pushed. My opinion is it hopefully sends a message out there that comments like that and physical violence (it may not have been totally "violent" but he did push someone around) shouldn't be tolerated. I wish I could remember what I'd read, but I can't. Smile
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:37 pm      Reply with quote
I think Isaac stepped over the line when he was being abusive to his other co-stars. I certainly hope when something like this happens, it will not be tolerated in my office. He should be given a warning, firing him is a bit harsh but I heard that this was not the first time that he got fired because of his attitude and/or being abusive/violent.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:13 am      Reply with quote
I really like the show and really liked his character as Dr Burke on this show. I don't know the whole story as I don't follow "Hollywood" stories.

IF he was violent and made rude, mean remarks and was difficult to work with other actors; it is a real shame that his career has suffered due to his actions. (Again, I don't know the whole story of behind the scenes.) I don't think he did much acting before Grays and probably won't have another opportunity like Grays.

Grays will be on TV for quite a while I hope. BTW one of my favorite characters is Sandra Oh (Christina Yang) who was unknown (except for a role in "Sideways"). Ellen Pompeo (Meredith Gray) is rather annoying at times.

Gray fans - who are your favorite characters or least favorite? Of course I appreciate all the "eye candy" too.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I am BEYOND sick of Meredith and McDreamy....Meredith's character makes Eeyore look like an optimist...I thought the GA finale with Sandra Oh's character trying to rip her dress off was a bit much....I DO enjoy her character, though (and she's Canadian Wink )....I like McDreamy's ex-wife but if the GA finale is any indication of what her spin-off is going to be like then (groan..) we might be in for a dud (I hope not, though)...Too bad that the actress who plays Meredith didn't flip her wig and get the boot....she is the least intriguing of all the GA characters....I don't know if I can stand another season of Meredith and McDreamy pissing and moaning and hemming and hawwing about whether or not they are going to "be in love"...Actually, perhaps it is some of the writers should be getting the ol' heave ho...
puds
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Actually I read in June Allure (with Katherine Heigl on the cover) that Meredith (Ellen Pomeo) is actually paid more than some of the others! What!! Katherine Heigl talks a bit about the show also.

I knew that Sandra Oh was originally from the Ottawa area. Unfortunately, Canadian actors are seldom recognized so I am always happy to hear of the ones that do well.

I am truly tired of Meredith's whining character. When she had drowned and somehow (a medical miracle) suffered NO long term effects at all; I realized that if she was written out of the show I would not miss her. While I like Derek's character; as a couple they are not really convincing somehow.

I think all the other women lead characters have much more substance than Meredith. Even some of the supporting characters such as the women that Alex saved (Ava/Rebecca) is more interesting.

Unfortunately, I think the spin off show with Addison is not going to do well. Did anyone actually watch the show and like it?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |