Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ojon Tawaka Ancient Tribal Rejuvenating Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
WOW!

I bought a tub of this (a whopping 6 oz.) from QVC for 48 bucks, with shipping and taxes it came close to 60 dollars. Now I said I'd never spend 60 bucks on a cream or skincare product...hence my Organic Pharmacy Carrot Butter cleanser shall never be repurchased once I'm done. But this stuff is said to be "multi-use" from hair, to face, to body. I mainly bought it because of the hair aspect...I'm trying to take better care of my hair as all I really do is pull it up in a pony tail and color it. It's been breaking because of all the abuse it has witnessed over the past month or so. I've been out in the field, wearing a hard hat (mining regulations) and it's just not holding up like it used to. So I've gone back to using my Ojon Restorative treatment more often, once I finish the shampoos and conditioners that litter my shower, I plan on doing research to find really good shampoos and investing in them. And this cream was part of that.

The Tawaka cream is part of the Ojon Rare Harvest, which combines Ojon oil (which is a brand name for the American Palm Nut) and a wild cacao species that has not been cross-bred (the wild version has more antioxidants than the "non-wild" cacao species that was cross-bred in order to ensure that a cacao tree could produce larger fruit pods). I've been using the Restorative treatment on and off since it came to market (6 or 7 years ago)...when it was really hard to find (they didn't sell it on their website, they only had the treatment and one shampoo/conditioner, no styling products). I loved it and got my mum hooked. I tried several of their styling products and didn't like any really...not enough to repurchase. Their stying stuff is really subpar compared to their treatment. But this cream was intriguing to me.

It smells unbelievable...like coffee...chocolate...and an ever so slight hint of the treatment. I quite love the scent, but if you don't like strong scents, this isn't for you. While it fades fast, it might be too much for someone who prefers less or no scent. It's a creamy, mousse like consistency...it looks EXACTLY like chocolate mousse. A little goes a long way.

When I say "multi-use" I mean for hair, skin and body.
You can use this cream as a leave-in for your hair, before you style (either on wet or dry hair), or use it mixed with the treatment and shampoo out. You can also use this as a moisturizer on your face or anywhere on your body. I intended to use this in combo with the Frederic Fekkai wave spray...hoping this will serve as a frizz tamer, like I had wanted the FF Zero Frizz to do (Zero Frizz was half right...it did ZERO!). I found that I can just use this. It makes my hair really soft and keeps it tame while not being greasy or gross in the least. I used to put three different styling products in my hair to keep it from going wild (I have below shoulder-length wavy hair). I use the wave spray when I want extra oompf. But it's fine just on it's own!

I was really hesitant to use this on my face as some who have reviewed this have said it makes them break out...but I wanted to try it. I've been using it for a little over a week so it might be too early to tell, but it's all good! It does not leave me greasy AT ALL. No waiting for it to soak in before I put on my makeup. I can apply it right away.

The kicker? The products I used to use on my hair would cause breakout wherever my hair would hit my face. Since this cream hasn't caused me to breakout when putting it directly on my face, I haven't had those pesky hairline breakouts or cheek breakouts from when I wear my hair down. It's working so well on my face my lemming for Kate Somerville goat milk cream is subsiding because this works better than anything I expected. And it's 99 percent natural to boot.

My main aim was for my hair, so if down the road it ends up not working for my face, no worries. It's summer time (that means 105 degree heat) and I might not need as much moisture, especially once the monsoons hit (when humidity skyrockets here).

Considering how multi-purpose this cream is, and how it takes very little to moisturize your face and tame your hair, I find it very economical. Though if you were to use it on your body, you'd use it up faster. But it's fabulous!

A great way to try this line is on QVC.com, the item number is A6551. You get a 3.3 oz cleanser (can be used on your face to remove makeup as well, it's sulfate free, 97% natural) 3.3 oz conditioner (for both hair and body, 98% natural) and a 2.5 oz size of this cream. I ordered one to try out the cleanser and conditioner, and to have a travel size of the cream, all for around 30 USD plus shipping. Full sizes of this line can also be purchased at TSC (www.theshoppingchannel.com) for those of you in Canada.

I have not tried the cleanser and conditioner but will update my review once I have.

Rejuvenating Cream Ingredients:
AQUA (WATER), ELAEIS OLEIFERA (PALM) OIL, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER, POLYGLYCERYL-3 STEARATE, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE, THEOBROMA CACAO, PASSIFLORA EDULIS SEED OIL, PAULLINIA CUPANA SEED EXTRACT, BIXA ORELLANA SEED EXTRACT, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), LECITHIN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, CITRONELLOL, LINALOOL, LIMONENE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, CITRIC ACID

Info on the Ojon website:
http://www.ojon.com/OJTW001.php

Reviews on MUA:
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=84894/tawaka_tribal_rejuvenating_cream/Ojon/Skincare_-_Face

Reviews can also be found on QVC for ALL THREE products as well.

Cleanser (Shampoo and face cleanser) Ingredients:
AQUA (WATER), LAURYL GLUCOSIDE, DISODIUM LAURETH SULFOSUCCINATE, SODIUM COCOAMPHOACETATE, SODIUM LAURYL GLUCOSIDEOXYACETATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, ELAEIS OLEIFERA (PALM) OIL, THEOBROMA CACAO, BIXA ORELLANA SEED EXTRACT, PASSIFLORA EDULIS SEED OIL, BRASSICA OLERACEA ITALICA (BROCCOLI) SEED OIL, PAULLINIA CUPANA SEED EXTRACT, BAMBUSA ARUDINACEA STEM EXTRACT, URTICA DIOICA (NETTLE) EXTRACT, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL, STARCH HYDROXYPROPYL ESTER, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED SWEET ALMOND PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED KERATIN, POTASSIUM PALMITOYL HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, LAURYLDIMONIUM HYDROXYPROPYL HYDROLYZED KERATIN, SODIUM COCOYL GLUTAMATE, PEG-55 PROPYLENE GLYCOL OLEATE, GLYCERYL OLEATE, COCO-GLUCOSIDE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, MAGNESIUM NITRATE, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE)

Info from the Ojon Website for the cleanser:
http://www.ojon.com/OJTW002.php

Makeup Alley Reviews:
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=86750/Tawaka_Rejuvenating_Shampoo/Ojon/Shampoo

Conditioner (for hair and body):
AQUA (WATER), CETEARYL ALCOHOL, BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) SEED BUTTER, THEOBROMA CACAO, ELAEIS OLEIFERA (PALM) OIL, PASSIFLORA EDULIS SEED OIL, BIXA ORELLANA SEED EXTRACT, PAULLINIA CUPANA SEED EXTRACT, ORBIGNYA OLEIFERA SEED OIL, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER), PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) GERM OIL, URTICA DIOICA (NETTLE) EXTRACT, BAMBUSA ARUDINACEA STEM EXTRACT, MACADAMIA TERNIFOLIA SEED OIL, BRASSICA OLERACEA ITALICA (BROCCOLI) SEED OIL, BUXUS CHINENSIS (SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL), CARICA PAPAYA FRUIT, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, HYDROLYZED SWEET ALMOND PROTEIN, SESAMUM INDICUM (SESAME) SEED OIL, LECITHIN, PEG-2 DIMEADOWFOAMAMIDOETHYLMONIUM METHOSULFATE, TOCOPHEROL, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), ASCORBYL PALMITATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CITRIC ACID, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE, MAGNESIUM NITRATE

Info on Ojon.com for the conditioner:
http://www.ojon.com/OJTW003.php

On MUA:
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=86749/Tawaka_Rejuvenating_Conditioner/Ojon/Conditioner

Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |