Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Large pores on my nose.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
phoenix71

Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
How do i get rid of them? or at least make them not so noticeable.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:11 am      Reply with quote
Peter Thomas Roth Max Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel is awesome! It says right on the bottle that it's a pore minimizer as well - I use it on my nose & chin & what a difference.
leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Hello,

May I also suggest Dr. Hauschka's Rejuvenation Mask? Among other things it is supposed to be great for large pores, impure skin etc. It's a beautiful mask that I use, but not for large pores as that isn't an issue for me. However, you may want to look into this product.
Mary42

Fri Jul 23, 2004 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Epidermx microdermabrasion is great for refining pores as well as tons of other things - gives you new skin - soft, supple, smooth - full of all natural ingredients, no chemicals or preservatives. You'll love your skin - it has done wonders for mine!

If you want to read about it, I get it from smoothskinnaturally.com

Mary
Crona

Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:28 am      Reply with quote
You can also try facial scrubs which help move dirt and bacteria out of pores (the causes of white and black heads). Astringents work very well to shrink pores. There are a lot of cleansers and toners on the market with astringents, but lemon juice applied to skin (just washed with warm water to open pores) is a great home remedy. An oatmeal mask works well after the lemon juice to soften skin. Its a little messy, but cheap and totally non-toxic.
But you cannot "remove" large pores. The good way to reduce it is chemical peel and dermabrasion.
If you'd like to watch the results go to
plasticsergeant com
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Howdy new members and welcome! I agree with Crona that you can't really remove large pores, but if you keep them clean with BHA and exfoliate the skin surface with AHA, the appearance of large pores will certainly be minimized!

all the products below my siggie have done much to reduce the appearance of pores and control oil production. I tried a sample of PTR mattifying gel but didn't like the idea of all those silicones. I find that a pearl paste works better for keeping the shines at bay.

Lot of great information on this forum can be found!

Peace,

athena

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
There is no permanent cure to reduce the pores size. Try a gentle exfoliator daily, with a deep cleaning mask once a week.
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:56 am      Reply with quote
Are your pores just pores or are they like mini scars from blackheads? I have the problem on my nose with the pores being really stretched out from years of blackheads. I have improved the situation by doing a few fairly strong TCA peels on my nose, however it does require quite a lot of down time and a few weeks till the redness fades. However if it is just enlarged pores I think you should go with other peoples suggestions.

Mary42 : I have seen the Epidermx microdermabrasion recommended before for this kind of thing, it is really that good? I have the Roc home microdermabrasion kit with the little hand held device. It works pretty well for exfoliation but I don't find it really long term refines the skins texture.
Do you follow the Epidermx up with anything?

Thanks,
Pandora.
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:00 am      Reply with quote
I'd also like to recommend Dr. Hauschka cleansing clay mask, and also try pore extracting with a skin care tool.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |