Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Help
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
homergirls
5% products discount

Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone tell me where the following DIY recipe is - I have looked and searched with NO LUCK!

Dr. Holland's Super Brightening Super Sonic Facial Mask

CareKates version?
havana8

Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
homergirls wrote:
Can anyone tell me where the following DIY recipe is - I have looked and searched with NO LUCK!

Dr. Holland's Super Brightening Super Sonic Facial Mask

CareKates version?

Hi Homergirls! Yes, Carekate's. It's in the index under Masks...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=11902
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
hi homergirls,

its:

Recipe for Dr. Holland’s Super Brightening Super-Sonic Facial Mask

What you’ll need:

• Large bottle of plain/generic, uncoated aspirin
• Clean, empty small jar or other similar container
• Granulated (i.e.: white) or brown sugar
• Lactic Acid Concentrate
• Aloe Vera juice (may substitute plain distilled water, or strongly-brewed green and/or chamomile tea *made* with distilled water)
• Aloe Vera Extract (may substitute Jojoba or any other oil of your choice)
• French Green Clay (optional)
• Honey (optional)

What you do:

• Fill jar with approximately 50 aspirin tablets;
• Add just enough aloe vera juice/water/tea to completely dissolve the aspirin tablets into a smooth powder;
• Stir in two teaspoons of sugar;
• Add one-eighth teaspoon of Lactic Acid Concentrate (available from the Personal Formulator website);
• Stir in one-fourth teaspoon of Aloe Vera Extract or oil and a splash of honey (if desired);
• If desired, gradually add a portion of French Green Clay to mixture. I like to include the clay in my version simply because I have serious oil control issues so I need all the oil-absorbing help I can get!
• Blend all ingredients by stirring thoroughly. If necessary, drizzle in a bit more oil or other liquid until your mask has reached your desired consistency.

Note: the above-recipe yields approximately enough mask for a one month supply, however you *can* make a ‘single-serving’ size of the mask fresh each day by doing the following:

Use only 2-3 aspirin, a pinch of sugar, a couple of drops of *whole milk* (this replaces the lactic acid concentrate above) in which to dissolve the aspirin, and one drop each of aloe vera extract or oil and honey. Mix it altogether in a small dish or the palm of your hand.

How you do it:

• Two to three times per week, apply thin layer of mask to entire face and neck, avoiding the eye contour area.
• Leave mask on for 10-15 minutes, then moisten fingertips and gently massage mask into skin, rewetting your fingers often.
• Rinse with lukewarn water, pat dry.
• Followup with ACV Toner, then any serums or moisturizers as desired.

Important Note: This mask can be drying for some users, so do not use more often than recommended, no matter how much you may be tempted by the miraculous reduction in red marks from previous breakouts!

Also, it is a good idea to followup this mask by applying a nice, rich facial moisturizer after rinsing mask off and applying ACV toner.

For extremely sensitive skin, you do not need to leave it on for as long as directed, or else you may cut back and use mask only 1-2 per week

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 18, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
hi homergirls,

its:

carekate wrote:
Recipe for Dr. Holland’s Super Brightening Super-Sonic Facial Mask

What you’ll need:

• Large bottle of plain/generic, uncoated aspirin
• Clean, empty small jar or other similar container
• Granulated (i.e.: white) or brown sugar
• Lactic Acid Concentrate
• Aloe Vera juice (may substitute plain distilled water, or strongly-brewed green and/or chamomile tea *made* with distilled water)
• Aloe Vera Extract (may substitute Jojoba or any other oil of your choice)
• French Green Clay (optional)
• Honey (optional)

What you do:

• Fill jar with approximately 50 aspirin tablets;
• Add just enough aloe vera juice/water/tea to completely dissolve the aspirin tablets into a smooth powder;
• Stir in two teaspoons of sugar;
• Add one-eighth teaspoon of Lactic Acid Concentrate (available from the Personal Formulator website);
• Stir in one-fourth teaspoon of Aloe Vera Extract or oil and a splash of honey (if desired);
• If desired, gradually add a portion of French Green Clay to mixture. I like to include the clay in my version simply because I have serious oil control issues so I need all the oil-absorbing help I can get!
• Blend all ingredients by stirring thoroughly. If necessary, drizzle in a bit more oil or other liquid until your mask has reached your desired consistency.

Note: the above-recipe yields approximately enough mask for a one month supply, however you *can* make a ‘single-serving’ size of the mask fresh each day by doing the following:

Use only 2-3 aspirin, a pinch of sugar, a couple of drops of *whole milk* (this replaces the lactic acid concentrate above) in which to dissolve the aspirin, and one drop each of aloe vera extract or oil and honey. Mix it altogether in a small dish or the palm of your hand.

How you do it:

• Two to three times per week, apply thin layer of mask to entire face and neck, avoiding the eye contour area.
• Leave mask on for 10-15 minutes, then moisten fingertips and gently massage mask into skin, rewetting your fingers often.
• Rinse with lukewarn water, pat dry.
• Followup with ACV Toner, then any serums or moisturizers as desired.

Important Note: This mask can be drying for some users, so do not use more often than recommended, no matter how much you may be tempted by the miraculous reduction in red marks from previous breakouts!

Also, it is a good idea to followup this mask by applying a nice, rich facial moisturizer after rinsing mask off and applying ACV toner.

For extremely sensitive skin, you do not need to leave it on for as long as directed, or else you may cut back and use mask only 1-2 per week

5% products discount

Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you!!! Thank you!!
homergirls
5% products discount

Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used this after the OCM? If so would you post your results?

THANKS AGAIN!

I have now completed two OCM's yesterday evening and this evening - and have some small bumbs that I cannot seem to purge - I read that using this mask will help........
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |