Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Fake Bake for Face - When to apply?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone Very Happy
I've got a couple of questions regarding application of sunless tanner on the face.

Should I apply it before all other products, or after? Also, should I apply it at night or in the morning?
I know that products should be applied according to density (i.e. thinnest first), but my current tanning cream is somewhere in the middle - its all sooooo confusing Confused

TIA Very Happy
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm bumping coz I can't believe with 25 views and no replies that there's nobody out there that doesn't have some advice Shock
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:24 am      Reply with quote
I've never used Fake Bake before, but what I do with facial self-tanner is just apply a little moisturiser and eye cream (no actives or anything, in case they make the tan go weird), wait a while for it to sink in, then apply the self-tanner.

The one I currently use is Clarins Liquid Bronze.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for replying Majorb and for your advice Very Happy I was using "fake bake" as a generic catch-all name for sunless tanning creams, so hope I didn't confuse anyone Embarassed
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I actually use the Fake Bake for face Smile

On the nights that I use it, I just use the self tanner and let it sink it, then add my eye cream. I do all the other products on the other nights.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
I would apply the self-tanner at night. Let it dry to make sure it doesn't rub off on the bed linens. I suppose if you are using eye cream, use that because you're not putting the self tanner on your eyes, but I wouldn't use too many products at the same time that might dilute the self-tanner ingredients. Don't know if that helps?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone. Looks like I'm going to have to stop myself from layering all my beloved anti-aging products at least one or two nights a week!!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:43 am      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Thanks everyone. Looks like I'm going to have to stop myself from layering all my beloved anti-aging products at least one or two nights a week!!

It seems to work fine for me, anya. If you're using the actives regularly otherwise, missing one or two nights should be okay, I reckon.
Rjez
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried Fake Bake but this is my routine:

If the product is made for the face it usually has a light moisturizer.

If not, I usually moisturize about 30 minutes before using self tanner.

If the self-tanner has an instant bronzer, I'm more likely to apply at night - at least 1 hour prior to going to bed.

Foams tend to provide lighter color than lotions but seem to dry slower.

If you haven't used this product before I highly recommend waiting for the weekend. You don't want your face to turn mahogany by the end of the day.

I also highly recommend visiting sunless.com. Been going there for years. Great tips, techniques and sale info.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:46 am      Reply with quote
I used Tan towels and I just wipe the towel over my face after it is washed. I don't put any cream over my face when I do this. I wait until the product is dried and in a few hours I wash it off and go about my regular routine, with cream. I worry about other creams reacting with the tanning product.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
No wonder it wasn't working for me - I was applying it in the a.m. after layering all my anti-ageing products!! I could see no results at all and wondered if "fair" was too light for me. (I'm using Jergens Natural Glow - Face).
Rjez thanks for that website - it looks very informative - bookmarked Very Happy
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Try this before putting on any of your creams and hopefully you will get better results. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |