Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Does man age better than woman?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Do you find once past certain age( 35+ ?), man looks better (or younger) than woman of same age? Or to say, their skin condition is no worse than woman in the same age group, despite the fact that most men don't spend tons of time and money on their faces like women do?
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I think on average they do. I'm talking about face, not figure. i remember reading that men have thicker skin than women and that coupled with daily shaving keeps their faces younger and less wrinkled.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
hmm i do find that men's skin seems to age better than women...could it be cos women use makeup most days and some use make up at such a young age too and their regime is SO simple...so simple that they just use water and thats it!

when i see some older couples, the man looks a lot younger than the woman and *sometimes* i think that they're brothers and sisters Embarassed
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
yup I do agree with u that guys aged better than women in general. I noticed that guys around my same age or older seem to have better skin. They don't even use sunscreen or any moisturizer. They basically just use water, that's it. Their skin still glows even though they don't use any makeup. It's just so~ unfair!!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I think in general they do. My brother is 4 years older than me. He's never used any skincare products (besides Pantene's shampoo to wash his face, and Safegaurd's bar soap to wash his face) ever. Plus he's been a chain smoker for about 15 years now. And he doesn't even have one fine line on his face! It's totally unfair. However, my boyfriend is a different story. He's only 26, but have loads of really deep lines on his forehead already plus fine lines under his eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
I think as well that as women we accept 'flaws' in men's faces that we wouldn't in ourselves. Like men go grey and tey are distingiuished or they have wrinkles and they have character. Women are just old and witch like Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
I think as well that as women we accept 'flaws' in men's faces that we wouldn't in ourselves. Like men go grey and tey are distingiuished or they have wrinkles and they have character. Women are just old and witch like Crying or Very sad

Ture unfortunately. Laughing
rubicon
5% products discount

Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
yeah but don't they often get hair loss from all that testosterone?
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
rubicon wrote:
yeah but don't they often get hair loss from all that testosterone?

So that's fair game again. Very Happy
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Not sure.. but most of aunts look younger than their husbands and their husbands are about the same age as them.. My mom said that most women age faster because we women give birth and the men don't? hmm
rubicon
5% products discount

Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
the taoists actually believe women age through pregnancy. but they also believe men age or lose lifeforce through loss of ejaculatory fluids. so it may not be all unequal, depending on various factors.

(i tried to word this in such a way that i don't get mistaken for spamming, but in any case, you can google taoism and find plenty on this.)
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
My mom said that most women age faster because we women give birth and the men don't? hmm

Nah, women age faster when they have men who suck the life out of them Razz
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
My mother seemed to age faster than my father even though she was five years younger than him. She was totally disgusted that she started going gray at 21 and he didn't start getting his first grays til his late 60's! My mom, who passed away a year and a half ago, had a great sense of humor that remained intact even during her illness. She would tell us that when it was her time to go, she wanted a closed casket...and on top of it she wanted a single long-stem red rose and a gold-framed picture...of Catherine Zeta-Jones Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
In general, I agree! Confused
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I think it is social conditioning. Look carefully at older women you know. Once you remove the images from your mind from the magazines of girl models dressing to look like older women, you will find that women are just as beautiful when they are older! Or, as attractive as the societal perception of older men who look 'distinguished'.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:21 am      Reply with quote
Smoky1 wrote:
I think it is social conditioning. Look carefully at older women you know. Once you remove the images from your mind from the magazines of girl models dressing to look like older women, you will find that women are just as beautiful when they are older! Or, as attractive as the societal perception of older men who look 'distinguished'.

I agree, to a certain extent. Definitely social conditioning plays a big part. But men's skin does seem much more resilient and thicker than that of a woman. (So unfair!)
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Smoky1 wrote:

agree!
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:32 am      Reply with quote
I agree! I think men age more gracefully than women. To think a lot of them just use soap and water on their faces. And here i am spend lots of money on skincare and still looks the same as the one who dont Rolling Eyes
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:47 am      Reply with quote
I think men have a more gradual hormone drop so they might age more gracefully but I also agree that most of it is perceptual. How many people would say "gross" or something worse seeing a 60 year old woman with a 30 year old man and yet if it were reversed most would cheer for the man and think it was great even if it were a 17 year old woman. The reverse someone would call the cops!
lululun
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
I think men have a more gradual hormone drop so they might age more gracefully but I also agree that most of it is perceptual. How many people would say "gross" or something worse seeing a 60 year old woman with a 30 year old man and yet if it were reversed most would cheer for the man and think it was great even if it were a 17 year old woman. The reverse someone would call the cops!

This is so sad. Crying or Very sad . I totally agree that the most important reason is the hormone drop.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:27 am      Reply with quote
True, some of it is social conditioning but I think there's a real biological basis to it - skin differences to begin with and hormones. That's a fact that no creams and serums and whatnot can change. Confused

As for the older men with younger women vs. older women with younger men - to me it's utterly disgusting and perverse seeing a 50-60 year old man with a 20-30 yr old.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
I don't think so. This will depend on how you, as an individual, takes care of your health and well-being....

iaimei wrote:
Do you find once past certain age( 35+ ?), man looks better (or younger) than woman of same age? Or to say, their skin condition is no worse than woman in the same age group, despite the fact that most men don't spend tons of time and money on their faces like women do?
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
They age differently and insome cases they get more attractive as they get older(sean connery clint eastwood as an example) Its a bitch!
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I believe the wear and tear as a result of frequent application of makeup and overuse of too many products lead to overwork of your skin and age it faster. It's ironic, isn't it? Products can make you look better or worse, or same, but if you use nothing the mother nature just as well provide the same scenario for you.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Yes!
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |