Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What mist to use over mineral makeup?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all

I have been using Jane Iredale mineral makeup for a couple of weeks and although it gives great coverage, it tends to sit on my skin rather than be nice and dewy (if you understand what I mean?)

I know when I had a makeup trial of Jane Iredale, the beautician sprayed something over my face to help it set - does anyone know what this might have been??

I do love my mineral makeup but sometimes it looks a bit powdery when I am used to the finish from a liquid foundation.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Jane Iredale sells a few types of hydration sprays, I would guess it must have been one of those. I have used JI in the past and never really though it left a dewy finish.
I think her mists are quite pricey for what you get but if you are going to choose one I'd with the Pom Mist, the other 2 contain possible irritants. You might also consider trying hydrols or facial water sprays like the one from la roche posay.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I would try a mineral water spray available from the drug store. La Roche Posay, Avene are good. I also used many years Evian; not sure if it is still around.

Some natural skin care companies carry hydrosols.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Pur Minerals sells a beautiful mist, cant remember the exact name but I have repurchased several times.
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your suggestions. My local chemist stocks Avene and Evian so I might look at those ones. I looked on here for LRP but it seems that EDS doesn't stock it.
I just had another thought of maybe using some of the Jurlique mist over the top of my make-up. I have used the Rose one in the past and its gorgeous.
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:44 am      Reply with quote
Someone on here once said to just get plain rosewater spray which costs just a few $$$ and add a small amount of glycerine (from the chemist etc). This gives a beautiful finish, restores dewiness (if that is a word?).

Also works a treat for flyaway hair!

rebecca

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Rebecca - I'll have to make a trip to my local Health Store to see what they have available. SOunds a lot cheaper than my Jurlique mist!
shaoershi
5% products discount

Sat May 01, 2010 1:37 am      Reply with quote
i also use Evian over top of my makeup too, especially when I feel like i have put on too much powder.
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 01, 2010 3:02 am      Reply with quote
I use Caudalie grape water, the small spray. It´s about 4 euros and i can carry it with me at all times. It totally takes away the powdery look Smile
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 2:08 am      Reply with quote
i really love reviva lab's rosewater facial spray. i used to spend tons of money on misting sprays but really, the mist is for hydration or MU blurring purposes. others suggested using plan bottled water, but i wanted something a little more special. reviva's is super cheap at vitacost, less than $5 for an 8 oz.

http://www.vitacost.com/Reviva-Labs-Rosewater-Facial-Spray-576-R

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nelly4,
I've only just started using Jane Iredale mineral makeup, I prefer the pressed base ones and the spray the beautician used to help set the powder would of been the Pom Mist. This is considered the best one out of the three she has. I know it's a bit pricey like GirlieGirl said, but it does last. Of all the mineral makeup available I consider jane Iredale to be the best, and I've tried a lot of them. Nothing compares to the sheer quality and texture of her powders. Its really worth the $.
fab50
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 6:11 am      Reply with quote
I just put a bit of distilled water in a small spray bottle and use it to set my mineral powder. Works great and couldn't be any cheaper.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 22, 2010 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought Mario Badescu face spray, it has aloe,glycerin,rosewater,some kind of flower and vitamins.

Apparently you can spray it on your hair?I have not tried that yet,but it smells very nice.
It is $7 for 120ml.

I saw Abbey st clare sells hydrosols that ar very good and I was going to reorder today.
I tried the yarrow hydrosol,and am not crazy about the smell at all....but I bought it for redness and iritation and it helps so much!

They have a pomegranate spray,but have not tried it yet,i think it is $16 for 120ml
I like the aluminium bottle they come in too Smile

They have a Neroli hydrosol and I am thinking of getting that next...that might be $14...
rhea
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I think the problem is the amount, you can try a small amount each time, but many times,You know what I mean?I use mineral makeup for many years, I feel this way so that makeup without struggle, resting, natural, rich luster.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:00 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |