Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
How and when to apply Vit C serum?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ColoradoDreamer
5% products discount

Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:16 am      Reply with quote
I have the ingredients to make the Vit C serum, but I've not been able to find the instructions for how and when to apply this.

Help, please?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
ColoradoDreamer,

Vitamin C serum is usually applied in the AM, only once a day.

Just put a few drops in the palm of your hand, pat hands together and apply to face and neck. Give it 15 - 20 min to absorb before putting anything else on your skin.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
You may find the C serum make your skin a bit dry at the beginning. You can use HA co-currently with C serum to alleviate the problem. When I first started with C-serum, my face tingles a lot and I have to put on HA immediaetly to sooth it. There is no wait time for HA - meaning you put on C first, then HA (no need to wait in between these two), then wait 10 minutes or so before you apply anything else. HTH.
ColoradoDreamer
5% products discount

Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Thank you. I'm not sure what HA is. I need to look that one up.

I don't think I need to worry about anything being too drying for my skin, as I have super-oily skin, even at 52.

I currently use OCM to cleanse and a homemade ACV toner. I use MOM as a primer on my T-zone. Haven't settled on a good mask yet. Oh, and I use brown sugar as an exfoliant scrub once a week, on wet, freshly cleansed skin.

5% products discount

Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I found the thread with explanations of the acronyms and looked up HA. What the heck is hyarluronic (?) acid anyway????? Question Question Question Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
ColoradoDreamer wrote:
Okay, I found the thread with explanations of the acronyms and looked up HA. What the heck is hyarluronic (?) acid anyway????? Question Question Question Question

You can get more information by checking out this product available at EDS:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-ha-serum-p_4947.htm

It's a very nice and reasonable priced product. Sometimes oily skin needs moisture too so skin does have overcompensate deep down dryness by producing more oil. HTH
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
I have applied my Vitamin C serum in the PM once a day. Am I wrong Confused
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've a super tight schedule in the morning and cannot afford to wait for some 10-20 mins for the Vit C in the AM. so I have been applying Vit C once daily in the PM instead... I've read a lot of other posts that it's ok to apply it in the PM instead.
kwchan1007
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:37 am      Reply with quote
lotus003 wrote:
I have applied my Vitamin C serum in the PM once a day. Am I wrong Confused

Me too. I have applied it in the evening. Rolling Eyes
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:23 am      Reply with quote
I apply vit c in the evening too.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:27 am      Reply with quote
I don't think it's 'wrong' to apply it in the PM, it's just that it is supposed to provide some photo protection. On the other hand light degrades Vit C so it maybe better to apply at night anyway! waht you must not do is apply at the same time as copper peptides. try and keep them 12 hours apart

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:40 am      Reply with quote
Why only once a day? Is it "bad" to apply Vit. C serum 2x a day?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:46 am      Reply with quote
schang wrote:
Why only once a day? Is it "bad" to apply Vit. C serum 2x a day?

I think it's because your skin doesn't get any benefit from the second shot maybe? Could cause irritation as well because they have to be pretty low pH to be effective unless it's one of the ester types. So probably not 'bad' but maybe wasteful.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks guapagirl!
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I use vit C every AM and PM. Very Happy
janjan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I only use Vit C in the morning, but I just changed to Vivier Vit C- IDS 20%. Since it was a new product to me, I read the insert and was surprised to see that it said to apply once or twice daily. Still going to stick with once a day - AM.
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I use both am. and pm.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:31 am      Reply with quote
I am not sure if it helps to apply vitamine c 2 times a day. My reason for applying it one time a day, is that it does not combine that well with my evening lotions and potions, sometimes I use copper peptides, sometimes retinol. Both don't function with vitamine C
rabbitpig
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thx for the sharing!
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
1x a day in the am for me...sometimes I don't wait long enough before putting on moisturizer though!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I keep my Vitamin C serum on my bedside table, so that as soon as my alarm clock goes off, I put it on and then go about the rest of my getting up and eating breakfast routine. That way I know I'll have a 10 or 15 minute delay before adding any other products. When I used to apply the C serum at my makeup table, I never seemed to be able to wait the right amount of time--I would just end up layering on the next product without waiting enough. So, this works for me.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
I keep my Vitamin C serum on my bedside table, so that as soon as my alarm clock goes off, I put it on and then go about the rest of my getting up and eating breakfast routine.

Works better if you cleanse and exfoliate first!

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
I am not sure why one has to wait for 10-20 minutes before applying anything else. Can someone please enlighten me?

I haven't been able to wait for more than two minutes in the morning - the two minutes that I use to brush my teeth.

For those who apply vit C at night, I am curious to know if find your pillow case be stained as a result?
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
I am not sure why one has to wait for 10-20 minutes before applying anything else. Can someone please enlighten me?

I haven't been able to wait for more than two minutes in the morning - the two minutes that I use to brush my teeth.

For those who apply vit C at night, I am curious to know if find your pillow case be stained as a result?

Anything you apply on top of Vit C that is water based, will oxidize the C if you haven't waited for it to absorb first.

What kind of vit C are you using that stains your pillow case? Does it have Idebenone in it? Try putting it on about 1/2 an hour before you go to bed, so it's absorbed by the time you hit the sheets..And you should only be using a few drops.

K

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
Thx Kassy for your answer.

I have always used Vit C in the morning so I never had stained sheets or pillow case but I am just curious whether it would if I did at night. I got this reminder from the package of Cellex-C but never had a chance to verify.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |