Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: Clarisonic RAVE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Abbey2
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:33 am      Reply with quote
I've had a lot of time to read reviews on different products recently. One product that was always winning raves here and at Makeupalley was the Clarisonic facial brush. I've only been using it for two days but all I can say is WOW! I had this small cluster of congested pores on my right cheek that would never go away even with professional facials and microdermabrasion. They are GONE! My face feels and looks so much cleaner. It glows! My products sink in like a dream. The company claims 63% better penetration of products with the use of the brush and I believe them. It's the best beauty product I have ever purchased. I don't know how I've lived without it. It's $200 at Sephora but I got it for $114 on Ebay.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Good to hear your positive experience, Abbey2.

I love my Clarisonic brush and highly recommend it to friends. I think my friends don't really listen to me though thinking it is an overpriced skin brush. I don't think many will realize how great it is unless they try it. I know it hasn't worked for some people whose skin is highly sensitive (although Clarisonic has now come out with a 3rd brush attachment named "delicate"). The good thing is that Clarisonic has a money-back guarantee and good customer service.

I definitely notice that my skin drinks up moisturizers I put on after cleansing my face using the Clarisonic. And, I also think the Clarisonic does a great job of gently exfoliating the skin. I've noticed clearer, more refined pores and even a lessening of fine lines (crow's feet, ll, and forehead lines).

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:19 am      Reply with quote
Dear Lunarrm,

I had to update on this. My skin continues to improve with this brush. My face glows. Even my husband noticed and he wants one. I told my friend -- another skincare junkie with issues of clogged pores -- and she is in love with her brush too. She is having chemo on her chest for skin cancers and she said that the brush got rid of the dry flakes and didn't disturb the tender spots. I haven't had one breakout since I started using it despite extreme stress. I started up with my Obagi/Tazorac routine again and when I got some flakies I just ran the brush over them and they were gone! Everyone needs one of these that has skin problems.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Love my Clarisonic too. I've got very sensitive, dryish skin and use retin-a every few nights but haven't had any problems with adding the Clarisonic to my daily routine. I'm currently using the Delicate head but it seems the Sensitive was gentler.

I've been using mine for 6 months and the only issue I have is that it needs recharging after 3 weeks instead of the 30 days when it was new. hmm
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:02 am      Reply with quote
I also love my Clarisonic and now could not live without it. I am also a Taz user and mostly bought it to get rid of little flakies that show up during the day. It really does the trick! I love how it takes care of this problem so well. I bought it sort of impulsively and do not regret it.
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I am another lover of the Clarisonic! I don't use it everyday as I did in the beginning but when I want more of a deeper pore cleanse it is great to have at my fingertips!

Although it is pricey I think it really takes away the need for monthly facials and pays for itself very quickly.
Abbey2
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Mishie, I agree about the Clarisonic saving on facials. My skin has never looked this good -- even after a professional facial.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad to hear your followup + results, Abbey2. I think using the Clarisonic regularly really makes a difference in my skin. Facials are nice but doing something daily that helps the skin is even better!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I think the facial look and feel comes with repetitive use of the Clarisonic. And within a short time it really does pay for itself.

I also love having the 3 different brush heads.
Generally in the AM I will use the Delicate and if I have been out working out in the garden most of the day or a really strenuous workout I use the normal head!
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am soooo tempted to get this even though I can't afford it right now! I was eying the Kate Somerville editions at EDS which would be $170USD with my forum discount. Ebay also has the professional edition for about $130 as well. Hmmm.... what's a girl to do?? I keep telling myself to wait.

What's the difference between the one sold by EDS and the professional edition sold on Ebay? Anyone know?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Does the Clarisonic take the place of having to us an exfoliator? I use EpidermxII and I'm wondering if I can stop using it and use the Clarisonic instead?
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P I still use NCN Pumpkin once a week and the Clarisonic sometimes daily, it really depends on what condition my skin is in.

Since I have seen such an improvement to the overall clarity to my complexion somedays I just use good old cleanser and water or the exfoliating cloth.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
I have no self control!! I just bought the Clarisonic MD from a store on Ebay. The downside is that buying from Ebay doesn't give me the money back guarantee. But I figure if I try it for a couple weeks and I don't like it, I can always sell it back on Ebay for a bit less than what I paid for it.

The Jan Marini products are nice so far, but I can tell my skin also needs manual exfoliation to get rid of old skin and clear out the gunk that JM products are pushing out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry if this is dumb question, but are results from a Clarisonic different from what you would get with an at-home microdermabrasion machine like Dermanew?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
I don't feel that the Clarisonic is as intense as microdermabrasion but since you use it daily, the effects really do cumulate.

Clarisonic is a brush meant to be used daily for cleansing. You can read more about it's effects here on EDS Forums by doing a search and at the official website: www.clarisonic.com (which has before and after photos, etc.). While the Clarisonic does exfoliate, that is not it's primary purpose.

Microdermabrasion is not something you usually do daily unless you are using a cream like Epidermx. It is a more intense treatment.

Don't know if that helps or not. Just my 2 cents or so.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks lunarmm, your response helps a lot!
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I got my Clarisonic with the Kate Somerville Detox Cleanser. I used it once last night and once this afternoon.

Right away, the Clarisonic did a fairly nice job of getting those clogged pores on my nose and chin. You know what I'm talking about, right? Thos little white things that stick out. Sometimes I squeeze them out or try to scrub them off with a washcloth. A lot of them came out with the CS.

I also saw a lot of my dead flakes come off. I had another bad breakout so I've been putting on a lot of acne stuff-- Bioclear 2x/day and BP spot treatments along with Jan Marini Papaya Enzyme mask every other day. So my skin is looking terrible right now-- dry, more marks from recovering blemishes, and a whole crop of new blemishes. I broke down a couple nights ago and did extractions. I got a lot of gunk out of my entire face (mostly cheeks anc chin) but I think it triggers several new zits. The painful kind!

Hopefully these will hurry and come to a head and pass. I still have a ton of congestion on my jaw and cheeks that I hope the Clarisonic will help. The Kate Somerville Cleanser is also targeted toward acne as well.

I hope I am not doing too much at once for my acne and making it worse.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
skim wrote:
What's the difference between the one sold by EDS and the professional edition sold on Ebay? Anyone know?
I just bought the professional model on Ebay for $165USD and it came with 6 replacement brushes (2 sensitive, 2 normal/body, 2 delicate), an instructional DVD and a 2-oz bottle of their cleanser! I'm anxiously awaiting for it to charge up right this minute so I can take it for a test-drive so I have nothing to offer on that front....

My understanding is that the pro-model (supposedly available only to licensed professionals, but readily available on Ebay) has 3 speed settings (two for face, and additional higher-speed setting for the body) and is supposed to be superior to the "regular" model because it can also be used on the body.

It looks like the seller from which I got mine has just listed another Clarisonic-MD set, although the current bid is already a bit more than I won mine for: http://cgi.ebay.com/CLARISONIC-MD-SKINCARE-KIT-W-6-BRUSHES-AND-TRAVEL-BAG_
W0QQitemZ220133363226QQihZ012QQcategoryZ29619QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdViewItem

Regardless if you decide to get the regular Clarisonic or the new MD model, my suggestion is to check out the bargains available on Ebay, especially if you're watching your pennies....

ETA: has anyone tried using their Clarisonic with a cleansing oil (or OCM) or one of those cleansing "balms" (like my old fave Burt's Bees Orange Essence Facial Cleanser or the Eve Lom Cleansing Balm) or does it work best with a gel-based cleanser?

TIA!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Would this brush cause any broken cap or worsen broken caps?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hi carekate,

I actually prefer using another cleanser than the one that comes with the brush. Right now I am alternating between Burt's Bees Orange Cleanser (oil) and Diana Yvonne's rosehip oil cleanser. They both work great with the Clarisonic. I tend to massage the cleansers onto my DRY face first to help pull any plugs from my pores. Then when I am ready, I wet the Clarisonic brush and use that for 2 minutes. Then rinse.

Hope that helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I am also a fan of this brush. I find that it helps prepare your skin for the other products that you use. I found that Vivier Vit. C penetrated a lot faster, my moisturizer glided on better and also my sunblock.
I use KS Detox cleanser for one week per month to deal with my hormonal breakouts.

Great tool! Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
I can't answer that Confused but I *do* want to take this opportunity to remind everyone that simply washing/rinsing one's face with water that is too hot or too cold can cause or exacerbate broken caps so make sure you only use lukewarm/tepid water when you're rinsing your face!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
iaimei wrote:
I can't answer that Confused but I *do* want to take this opportunity to remind everyone that simply washing/rinsing one's face with water that is too hot or too cold can cause or exacerbate broken caps so make sure you only use lukewarm/tepid water when you're rinsing your face!

Thanks for that tip! I had never heard that before. I don't have a problem (so far) with broken caps, but I will make sure I don't get them from having the wrong water temp.! Very good point! By the way, I love my clarisonic!
havana8

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I hope I am not hijacking this thread, but would anyone be able to tell me how the Clairsonic compares to a microdermabrasion cloth? TIA!
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:15 am      Reply with quote
For some reason, I find myself developing lustful feelings toward the Clarisonic. I think I may go for it if I ever find myself with extra $$ (ha).

A question...Can you use an oil-based or creamy cleanser with it? I've been using Liz Earle lately and I really like it. Would hate to have to give it up.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |