Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Kose Sekkisei vs SKII
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
nazlee

Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:53 am      Reply with quote
When first i read about sk2, i was so exited to try on because of all the benefits they promise.Lucky me i didn't buy the full set instead i just bought the trial/sample kit which is much more cheaper and safer for a first timer like me.First few days,nothing miracle happen yet. But then i can see different. Pimple/acne/whitehead whatever u wanna call it.it really dissapointed.nothing miracle about sk2 by the way. they declare the essence as a 'miracle water' which content yeast named pitera. i was impressed in the early. but then i think again, it is an alcohol.that's why they didnt pun any of the ingredient instead just said 90% pitera.the treatment set is too much alcohol i think.my skin was very dry after using the set.it doesnt mosturize at all.

For the sekkisei, i think so far still ok.i fell very fresh after using it.and it's more gentle on the skin.

p/s : dont buy sk2. Wink
Colleen
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:29 am      Reply with quote
In your title, you mentioned Sekkisei. What products do you recommend from this line, and what is so great about it? I ask, because I have easy access to this line. But I have heard, in general, that the Japanese lines are weak in terms of containing antioxidants. Not being able to read the labels, I have no idea it this is true!

Thanks
Mabsy

Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Nazlee,

Are you referring to SKII Facial Treatment Essence vs Kose Sekkisei Medicated Lotion?

Mabsy
nazlee

Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Basically, i think kose sekkisei range emulsion,lotion)are much better than sk2 treatment range(facial treatment cleanser,clear lotion,essence).Here i try comparing in a basic daily care(cleanser,toner,mosturizer).

Even after reading so many reviews about sekkisei and sk2, sekkisei still better.mostly fit to various skin type.as i remembered, i read somewhere saying that sk2 targeted to 35 yrs and above.but im not sure about that.
nazlee

Mon Jul 26, 2004 7:12 am      Reply with quote
yeah,there are many japanese lines of facial care product in the market.even kose itself has many brands.for basic daily care, i recommend the seikisho black soap(cleanser),seikisei lotion and seikisei emulsion.this three basic range are good.

before this my skin is very oily and yet can be very dry easily (combination skin).and also very sensitive.easily breakout if the product doesnt suit me.but sekkisei is different.it's gentle.it takes a little time to see the difference.

about the ingredient details, i dont know much about it.im not an expert.i think ingredient base on herbal is good enough.
exquisite

Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Recently, I've been researching products that "whiten" or lighten your skin - I have very dark knees and it's very unappealing.

Well anyway, I came across Kose Sekkisei and SK-II. Both are sold in high end department stores in the US (Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue, respectively). I've been reading a lot about both and SK-II seemed VERY impressive, especially with their "pitera". So I obviously wanted to try it out but now I'm back on the fence of whether or not I should.

I stumbled upon this place while googling both these products. Well, anyway, has anyone else tried anything from either Kose or SK-II? I'd like to try both but they're SO expensive that it'll be such a waste of money if it ends up not doing much for me.

Colleen you said you had easy access to Kose products...would it be possible if you could get me a few trial products and send them to me? I would obviously repay you the costs.
Colleen
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:11 pm      Reply with quote
exquisite, please contact me at this address:
colchow@hotmail.com
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I have used SK2 products(lotion,essence,sunscreen..).The fragrance is not good but not oily and mat.
But after using a few days,my face was covered with whitehead.
I heard some other people experienced like this.
Maybe "pitera" is not suitable for all skin type.
Before buying SK2,must use samples.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
From my own experience with SK2 and Kose Sekkisei plus feedback from other people in forums:

SK2 is better for mature skins. If you're early 20s and under, there is higher chance of acne breakouts on this product. I have oily/combo skin. I find using the essence once a day rather than twice a day is better for my skin, less likely to aggravate pimples. It improves hydration and gives some glow to the skin. You have to use it for some months to see its effects because it works on improving the skin's monthly turnover cycle, so results will not be so good in less than a month. Remember even Retinol products initially cause skin peeling before they improve your skin.

Kose Sekkisei lotion contains alcohol, so it's not so suitable for dry skins unless you use with their other product Moisture Skin Repair. The combination of the two is good. The texture is nice and light and the alcohol gives a cooling effect. It's more suitable for acne-prone and oily skin. Doesn't do much for hydration on its own, that's why I recommend using with Moisture Skin Repair. But it has some whitening effect which SK2 essence does not.
teho1821

Tue May 08, 2007 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
very interested with these two brands, would love to hear about your guys review
pigpig
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 08, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend Sekkisei whitening toner. The effect is very obvious. It has a slight exfoliating effect. You will feel a little bit instant bright after using. However, it won't last long if you stop using it.
dd7
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 2:00 am      Reply with quote
the key ingredient in SK2 products is an enzyme called pitera.

Maybe it is too strong or sth, but all but 1 of my gfs who tried SK2 products have bad reactions to it. Rashes, bumps and redness, etc etc etc.

Enzyme, (i donno if it is true to all types of enzyme contained in skincare products), work by eating away your outermost layer of dermis, revealing ur the next layer of new skin, which is much finer, fairer, and babysoft.

But the idea of frequent use of enzyme, whatever type, bothers me a great deal. What if my skin is not "regenerating" fast enough to compensate the outer layer peeled off ? will that mean i am "thinning" my skin to an unhealthy state ? what if the newer skin "revealed" is too tender and cannot take any skincare products on ?

I may, again, be overrating and overburdening with my hypothesis, Laughing Laughing Laughing but this is the very reason y i dare NOT try SK2, coz they say their pitera is a strong enzyme.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 2:03 am      Reply with quote
i mean overREACTing, not overrating :P

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 2:15 am      Reply with quote
It is heard that long term usage of SKII or using the complete line of SKII is not good to skin
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 2:30 am      Reply with quote
pigpig wrote:
It is heard that long term usage of SKII or using the complete line of SKII is not good to skin

i also heard that! Bad Grin
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 5:23 am      Reply with quote
I have been using SK11 for about 6 months now, and my skin is loving it. I do alternate with other products though as I don't think using the same line all the time is good. One thing I will say is that you must be careful if you buy off e-bay, as there are a lot of fake SK11 products on there, and who knows what they contain!
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 5:39 am      Reply with quote
sk2 is very good product including sensitive skin but kose is fully of alchol and herbel extract. it suit for oily skin and not for sensitive skin.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 5:39 am      Reply with quote
sk2 is very good product including sensitive skin but kose is fully of alchol and herbel extract. it suit for oily skin and not for sensitive skin.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 6:05 am      Reply with quote
The special ingredient in SK2 is called Pitera. It is not an enzyme. It is yeast extract. It is true some people do have reactions to SK2, but it is mostly the younger ones who are still having active acne. Mature ladies have less problems with their products. Some lucky people have beautiful glowing skin on it, I went to buy some of the products for my mum and the salesgirl's skin was incredible, very fair and translucent. The miracle doesn't happen overnight or even a few days for this product. You only really realize it when people you haven't seen for months comment on how your skin has improved.
puregdstuf
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
i dont think SK2 is suitable for younger skins, i'm not sure about sensitive. There were reactions reported for those who tried it.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 20, 2007 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
pigpig wrote:
I recommend Sekkisei whitening toner. The effect is very obvious. It has a slight exfoliating effect. You will feel a little bit instant bright after using. However, it won't last long if you stop using it.

i will feel horrible if the skincare products effect immediately! do you think so?
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 1:35 am      Reply with quote
I don't like SKII neither.
I tried their treatment essence but found it irritating.
There is nothing special for their mask. Olay is much cheaper with similar result.
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I know many people like both, maybe they're both effective to certain persons, but there're also some words about their unsafety, so I'd rather believe in them. Anyway, there're more brands other than these two, even some japanese brands, like shiseido or kanebo, which have much fewer unsafe words.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
I used to only use japanese brands and tried a couple of the sekkisei products and liked them both. they make an awesome peel off mask, it's black and u can see all the nasty gunk in it and their moisturizer was actually very good--it had quite a nice slip to it, but i suspected it had a lot of unnatural ingredients in it (of course, i can't read anything on the packaging since it was sent from hong kong).

anyhow, i have never tried skII but will probably in the future some time.

i usually don't find any japanese skin care products to be horrible though.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |