Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Jan Marini's Bioglycolic Facial Cleanser for Acne?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Wish
5% products discount

Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I have some superifical acne that the esthetician said was caused by clogged follicles. She used some light to dicover that I had clogged follicles.

She recommended that I use Jan Marini's bioglycolic facial peel. Today is the 10th day I have used this product. I noticed today that my skin looks somewhat worse. I appear to have gotten a few more pimples that look redder and more noticeable.

I'm starting to freak out. Does this product make your skin worse before it makes it better? Does anyone have any experience with this product?
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I use it and love it. I don't have many zits, only a few occassionally and it has been very good for me. It never made me itch or made my face red or made me purge so I don't know exactly what to tell you. Maybe you are purging.
Wish
5% products discount

Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
I talked to my esthetician. My skin cleared up the first week and today it looked like it was worse. The esthetician said that it isn't abnormal for the skin to clear up during the first week and then go through a purging process. She said that she had been through the purging process herself when she started this process.

So, I'll give this product another week or two. If it doesn't start to get better then I'll make an appointment with my dermatologist. I had horrible acne as a teen and had to take accutance twice. I've had clear skin for years but I do worry sometimes that I'll get reoccurences of acne periodically throughout my life. I worry about that in part because that's how my mom's skin has been and she's required prescriptions to fix the occassional flareups.
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Wish, I feel for you. I know what it's like to suffer from acne for many years. Most of the time I didn't have the cystic kind or my whole face covered with them but my face wasn't entirely clear for DECADES! I know exactly what you feel like. I don't make a big deal out of a few zits anymore, LOL but at the back of my mind I always fear I might wake up one morning and.... Shock

I do make sure my face isn't clogged with all kinds of peels, masks, scrubs and products so I wasn't at all afraid to try JM.

May I suggest another product to you? Try DDF sulfur mask - IT ROCKS! It's good to use all over face 1-2 times a week and as a daily spot treatment for zits. My zits dry up without drying my skin too much and without leaving scars. Also, I've noticed that when I put it on a new zit it doesn't "develop".

One of my best buys ever Very Happy
Wish
5% products discount

Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Ibianca, I think I'm done with non-prescription stuff. I've spent so much money and the only acne treatments that ever effectively cleared up my acne were prescriptions. The other thing is that I only pay $15 for a dermatologist visit and my insurance will cover prescription acne treatments. Visits to estheticians and non-prescription products aren't covered. I also am meeting most my significant others extended family for the first time at a wedding on August 4th. It is very important to me to have this cleared up before I meet them because I only have one chance to make a first impression. I don't want to be remembered as the girl with bad skin. So, I need something that's gonna produce significant results within a month.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using multiple Jan Marini products right now and I am going through purging. The products are pushing out the gunk in my pores. My zits come to a head fairly quickly and then go away. I hope this phase doesn't last long! It's been about 10 days.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
When I started my JM routine (biogly cleanser + bioclear lotion + transformation cream), my skin purged for 2 weeks. I've never purged so badly before from a product (broke out in all parts of my face when my problem area was only hormonal acne on my chin), and would normally stop immediately, but thanks to EDS and MUA i knew this was coming and stuck it out. Good thing i did, because after the 2 weeks this routine has revealed the best skin i've had in years, and very effectively controlled my hormonal cystic acne. If it didn't stop the cysts in its tracks, they are gone in 2 days, much much smaller, less painful and red. It has also done wonders for my acne scars, refined my pores and overall skintone. I no longer have to rely on prescription topicals, and i'm just so happy i found something which gives me a sense of control over my hormonal acne. Good luck!
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
When I started my JM routine (biogly cleanser + bioclear lotion + transformation cream), my skin purged for 2 weeks. I've never purged so badly before from a product (broke out in all parts of my face when my problem area was only hormonal acne on my chin), and would normally stop immediately, but thanks to EDS and MUA i knew this was coming and stuck it out. Good thing i did, because after the 2 weeks this routine has revealed the best skin i've had in years, and very effectively controlled my hormonal cystic acne. If it didn't stop the cysts in its tracks, they are gone in 2 days, much much smaller, less painful and red. It has also done wonders for my acne scars, refined my pores and overall skintone. I no longer have to rely on prescription topicals, and i'm just so happy i found something which gives me a sense of control over my hormonal acne. Good luck!

Thanks for sharing ,you make me more confident to use JM product !
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Im also using quite a few JM products- bioglycolic cleanser, bioglycolic bioclear lotion, zyme mask, acne gel and bioglycolic eye cream. I havent purged from it yet. but before using this whole lot, a few weeks before, I used the JM bioglycolic bioclear cream and biglycolic lotion, so it may have gotten all the gunk out then, as I remember my skin breaking out all over my face Sad , as I still have the marks now.

This whole regime is quite drying though so I dont usually use all the products mentioned above every single day.

I cant yet say how it is doing for my acne, as I normally breakout at that time of the month...but so far I really like the cleanser and I havent had any new acnes since using this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah,please keep update Smile
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi lotus

Will do!

I've written a little short review of the acne gel if you are interested in that

But I'll keep you updated when I've decided whether this regime is for keeps Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks yeahyeah Very Happy
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the JM line (biogylcolic cleanser, bioclear cream & transformation serum), including jojoba oil. The first week, my skin looked great but after the 3rd week, I started to breakout. I was going to stop but like others, decided to stick it out. I had to extract some of the breakouts and had some scarring (that's my fault). It's been 2 months and I have little pimples (which I won't complain compare to the cystic ones that I had. I'm realistic that I will never have flawless skin), my skin is clearer but I still have some acne scars but it's lighten a little. So hang in there.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |