Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Do Women Age Faster In Hotter Climates????
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Pippi_Plum
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
It seems to me that in the colder climates women generally have paler skin but also a better complexion than some of us that have lived in very hot climates all our lives.

Am I mistaken???
deanne123
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know, but it seems like it, eh?

Maybe it's because of all the Sun. When its warm, we wear less cloths and expose more of our skin to the effects. You also can sweat off sunblock easier. People still don't wear hats enough (myself included, but I try) when hanging outdoors.

I don't know the answer, but only guessing from my experiences. When its cold, I like to stay inside bundled up. When its warm, I'll go outside more plus I tend to totally forget sunscreen when I'm puttering around the house and yard.

I think it could just be more cumulative effects of sun exposure.

What does anyone else think? hmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:32 am      Reply with quote
My skin was wonderful when I lived in the humid gulf region but since moving to the Midwest, my skin is DRY and looks much worse. Depends on if the climate is dry or humid I suppose.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm, methinks it's the humidity that does all the difference. I lived in Phoenix, AZ for 7 years while I was in my 20's. While I didn't get any acne breakouts [perhaps because I was using BCP], my skin was always shiny no matter what makeup I used, pores were definitely larger and my hands, neck, legs, were dry no matter how many times I slathered myself with moisturizer.

When I moved to Oregon I noticed a difference for the better, even though I had just turned 30. hands, feet, legs were more hydrated and face looked glowy rather than oily.

Now that I live in SoCal, I definitely notice a difference between when I'm at the beach and when I travel inland, where the humidity is much less. The only good thing about lack of humidity is that my hair is more manageable! Laughing

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Not sure but women in Ireland with our pale skin get broken veins and we don't see good summers like other countries so we tend to go to hot countries on holidays and its only in the last few years we all know about skin cancer.
It must be lovely to live where one knows that the summer will be guaranteed here we enjoy the sun when we can as we could have four seasons in one day.
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
Oh gooooooodness I HOPE NOT!!! I live in San Diego! Laughing

Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:19 am      Reply with quote
I grew up in Europe and have a very fair complexion. Before I moved to Australia my skin was flawless - not a single sun spot in sight. Sadly this is not the case anymore Sad Looking at the girls that grow up surfing on the Gold Coast, I can definitely say that living in climates with more/stronger sun has a very bad effect on one's skin if not carefully protected.

5% products discount

Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
I am African-American and have wrinkle-free skin naturally.

My grandmother, when she passed away, had the skin of a 20 year-old. I'm not kidding. My mother has great skin, as well.

My only complaint about my skin, which I've finally resolved via monthly salon facial extractions, is the tendency to get clogged pores.

I live in Los Angeles and find that the arid climate here isn't so great for my skin, though. Moisture is so key for me. I live near the beach which helps a lot, and I use a humidifier to keep my skin plump.

I notice the better I eat (wild-caught fish, fish oil supplements, organic fruits and veggies, whole food vitamins, bottled water, etc.) and the more sleep I get, the nicer my skin looks.
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
I do not think there is a strong relationship in climate. But what is true is that UVA is the main cause of aging. Maybe people in hotter place just got more UVA from the sun.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Just guessing of course Rolling Eyes Woman from warmer/humid climates IMO wrinkle less. Woman who come from a darker heritage African American, Italian, Greek etc. from what I have seen have younger looking skin as they age.

IMO it is all in the genes and what we do to help it along. Wink

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Yvetteski
5% products discount

Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know whether it's the warm weather or the arid conditions, but I grew up in Arizona and left AZ for graduate school when I was 24. When I go back and see my friends of the same age I am amazed at how much more sun damage and wrinkles they have compared to me.

When I was growing up in AZ in the 70s I used to call my history teacher "Miss Samsonite" (not to her shriveled face) because her skin looked like a battered leather suitcase!

I do think that because I spend less time outdoors (East Coast pace seems to provide less leisure time) and the sun is less intense, I am aging better than my old friends.
msrubi

Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I live in S. Florida. The humidity is great for your skins but those UVA rays?! I have definitely noticed more wrnkles around the eyes and I swear it's because I didn't wear the best sunglasses. Now I wear glasses that almost wrap! I spend a lot of time in the car for my job amd do not have tinted windows and I just know it was that sun sneaking through because my driver's side eye has deeper crows feet! Cool
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Isn't it more a combination of the climate and also race? I think a certain race may age faster than another due to the melanin factor in their skin.
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Only if they allow themself to excessive sun exposure. I do think that humid and hot weather actually helps us to age better due to the moisture in the air.
kwchan1007
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:52 am      Reply with quote
blaziamm wrote:
I do not think there is a strong relationship in climate. But what is true is that UVA is the main cause of aging. Maybe people in hotter place just got more UVA from the sun.

Yup. Agreed. I think UVA and low humidity are the important reason. Living in hotter place, may got more UVA and low humidity by the sun. Rolling Eyes
jcyhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Isn't it more a combination of the climate and also race? I think a certain race may age faster than another due to the melanin factor in their skin.

I'm quite agreed with you. I'm Chinese, for me
UV-I will either wear long sleeve or put on water resistant sun block on body; SPF 15 face moisturising/foundation for protection, take an umbrella or hat when necessary. But I think a little sunbath once and a while makes my marks/scen spots gone faster
Dry/humid-my skin condition is better under humid weather. More wrinkles & lips chapped in dry weather, not matter how much hydra/moisture lotions/masks used. I remember went to Egypt years ago, hot but dry, plus windy (oh with sand), I have to put on moisturising masks everyday after the trip.
Hot/cold-sweating in summer makes me feel better, seems that detoxing at the same time & skins feels more supple. But in winter, seems that circulation is slower and skin looks more dull & more dead skins
Therefore, I think dry weather is the worse for me, I can do something to protect from UV, I'm ok in hot weather and to have a not very cold short winter. One of my friend, which is Thai, told me she got pimples on face & body after she stay in H.K. For years, it doesn't happen before when she was in home country, she said might be the hot & humid summer and cool but still humid weather, get back to office & home with air-con and litte sweating
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:01 am      Reply with quote
I definitely agree that hot and dry climate wreaks havoc to the skin. I have olive skin and did no have any sun spots until I moved to Australia.

Cold, windy conditions are also very bad for my skin - I have two spots on my skin that get extremely dry. I have to slather these spots with moisturiser otherwise these spots look dry and wrinkly.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:42 am      Reply with quote
my skin is better now that I'm in SF california than in Hawaii
dsq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
i agree with many that it's the sun that causes the more rapid aging. For me, i find that my skin looks much better when i'm living near the ocean. But i still try to avoid the sun when necessary and put on a good sunblock.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
It has a lot to do with the air quality/polution of the city in which you live.

Life style is everything.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
dsq wrote:
i agree with many that it's the sun that causes the more rapid aging. For me, i find that my skin looks much better when i'm living near the ocean. But i still try to avoid the sun when necessary and put on a good sunblock.

I agree - how well you protect yourself from the sun makes a big difference in our appearances.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I think ageing depends on skin color as well as how well you take care of your skin.
Generally darker skin age less faster compared to paler as melanin in a way protects the skin

but then again if the person doesnt take good care then they will age faster.

Just many factors come into account the way you age. Skin color, genes and how well you care for it, diet, etc etc Smile
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:25 am      Reply with quote
I have heard just the opposite all my life that people in cold and dry climate tend to form wrinkles faster due to lack of moisture in the air. I know this to be true because I have lived in both very cold and very hot and humid areas. Even though I am older and I have dry skin living in the humid area my skin stays much more hydrated and plump.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Definitely yes, have you ever seen those people from AZ? They look like lizards.I am from the San Diego area but I avoid the sun like the plague , so Iam not affected by the sun.
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
I think climate does play a part but also how you take care of your skin. Taiwan is hot and humid but it's very common for women to walk around with UV umbrellas to protect them from the sun. So they all the benefits of the humidity while not getting harmed (much) by the sun.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |