Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Improve your complexion with pearl
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Found this article:

http://pearlcomplexion.blogspot.com/

This helped answer some questions I had about the pearl cream products. I had no idea you can take pearl powder internally. I will probably gag trying to eat that.

Here's the article if you don't want to click the above link:

Quote:

To nourish and brighten complexion fine quality fresh water pearls are used.Pearl powder helps in whitening the skin, removing wrinkles and leaves skin soft and supple for a radiant youthful look.Pearls powder is used for both internal and external purpose.There are no known drug interactions or adverse side-effects associated with pearl. Several studies have shown that hydrolyzed pearl powder is harmless, and can be taken by anyone without experiencing negative side-effects. pearl powder has cooling, disinfectant and balancing properties.But make sure that you are using original fresh water pearls.

INTERNAL USE :

1. Pearl powder, taken internally, contains calcium carbonate which strenghten bones, muscles and nerves
2. It reduces skin blemishes and rebuilds your health. Use it as a cooling beverage, taken with water
3. Pearl powder has been used in traditional Chinese medicine to soothe inflamed tissues, calm the liver, clear away liver-fire, tranquilize the mind, brighten the eyes, alleviate spasms and tremors.
4. For visual weakness, inflammation of the eyes or growths over the eye.
5. Pearl powder eliminates the heat as well as toxins in the body.It also cures mouth ulcers,sore throat,and throat infection.
6. Promotes good sleep as well as beautifies the skin.

* Standard dosage - 0.3g per dose, 2-3 times a day, half dose for infants. Warm water to wash down powder.

* Beauty sleep dosage - 0.3g per dose, put the powder under the tongue for 4-5 minutes and wash down with warm water.

EXTERNAL USE :

1. Pearl was useful in reducing acne in teenagers, and improving the complexion in general.
2. Pores of the skin were tightened and the skin tone improved in both teenagers and adults.
3. Burns, scalds, infections and wounds - As pearl powder has antiseptic property and it also encourages tissue growth, apply a small amount of the pearl powder at the affected site so as to accelerate healing with minimal scarring.
4. Pearl powder is known to nourish and cleanse skin and take out pigmentations(spot).

METHODS OF APPLICATION :

1. For improving complexion, Mix Pearl powder with curd or butter and apply it on the skin for half en hour.
2. After applying beauty creams on the face, the pearl powder can be directly placed on the skin and massage gently into the skin.
3. For removing Freckles, Mix a pinch of the pearl powder with white vinegar and vitamin E oil and apply it over the face. Leave on the skin for 20 minutes before washing it off. Do this 2-3 times a week.
4. Mix some pearl powder into the foundation powder and brush onto the face. This helps the foundation stays on the skin as well as nourish and whiten it.
5. Mix 0.3 g of the pearl powder with water and tap onto the face before sleep to nourish the skin as well as helps the skin to rest thoroughly.
6. Mix of pearl powder and milk and beaten egg, believed to have anti-aging effects.

Youthful masks for different skin types :

Oily skin - After washing the face, place a piece of warm towel over the face to enlarge the pores. Mix 1-2 g of pearl powder with beaten egg or/and honey. Apply mixture on skin and leave on skin for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with warm water.

Dry skin - After washing the face, place a piece of warm towel over the face to enlarge the pores. Mix 1-2g of pearl powder with vitamin E. Apply mixture on skin and leave on skin for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with warm water.

Normal skin - After washing the face, place a piece of warm towel over the face to enlarge the pores. Mix 1-2g of pearl powder with plain water. Apply mixture on skin and leave on skin for 20-30 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
This is very helpful. Thanks, Cherisse! I got some pearl powder at home but wonder if it's clean enough to take internally.. So I'm going to pass!
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
I know of a lot of pregnant women in asia takes pearl powder internally in hopes that their baby will have really fair skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I have been interested for a while in products containing pearl, this is interesting.
Doesn't Carekate swear by using pearl powder?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:47 am      Reply with quote
It sounds very good. Is it okay for people with very sensitive skin? Anyone ever experience problems with pearl powder? I want to try it but just want to make sure I don't end up blotchy for days. Embarassed
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
mtview wrote:
I know of a lot of pregnant women in asia takes pearl powder internally in hopes that their baby will have really fair skin.

Yes, but I thought its not just pregnant women Confused

I thought everyone who wanted to have fair skin should take it and doesnt pearl powders have calming effects?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
mtview wrote:

I thought everyone who wanted to have fair skin should take it and doesnt pearl powders have calming effects?

Does this really work? Does it come in capsule form or something easier to swallow? Or can people mix it into a drink. It would be strange to just eat the powder.
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I know that somebody is eating nano-pearl powder or putting it into masks. When eaten, it seems to be able to acommendate hormone.
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Silken Pearl primer and paste for the last few weeks and its helped with my oiliness like nothing else!
I tended to have SUPER oily skin, after a couple of hours I was a grease slick, and in pictures I was always 'glowing' in a bad way!

I think I may have had some slight purging when I started using the pearl products (in addition to trying a MMU that didn't work and stress) but it's helped with the redness as well. The odd smell still turns me off a bit, but the results are well worth it!
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:23 am      Reply with quote
sweet28 wrote:
yeahyeah wrote:
mtview wrote:

Does this really work? Does it come in capsule form or something easier to swallow? Or can people mix it into a drink. It would be strange to just eat the powder.

Im not completely sure, but I *think* you can buy it in a pill, but there's powder form that you mix in with water.

As for whether it works, I've never tried it as I'm already taking a few things orally, but I do keep hearing that people take it for theraputic uses on tv

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:40 am      Reply with quote
I've used "pearl powder" on face and it was good, skin tone looks brighter and more white. I've not taken it orally, heard that it do have a calming effect, acommendate hormone...but have to be very careful with their quality and product of origin.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone had success with using the pearl powder to remove freckles? I'm tempted to try the recipe above. Where does one buy pearl powder for external use vs for internal use? Thank you.
sweet28
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Has anyone had success with using the pearl powder to remove freckles? I'm tempted to try the recipe above. Where does one buy pearl powder for external use vs for internal use? Thank you.

I'm not sure where to get the powder you can ingest but the one to put on the face I got before fromwww.tkbtrading.com. You need to grind this up to make a finer powder before putting this on the skin.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |