Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Foundation too thick ! Help !
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought colorstay foundation for oily skin after reading a lot of good reviews about it. The color is good, the texture and smell too. I just find it too thick. What would you mix it with to make it lighter ? Water, moisturizer , another foundation ? Any idea is welcome.... Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
When I used to use liquid foundations I often mixed it directly with my moisturizer or even my sunscreen when I was feeling too lazy to apply all the seperate layers. You may need to test it out as some moisturizers don't seem to blend well and change the overall consistency of the foundation.
You could also perhaps examine the way you're applying your makeup. I found using a foundation brush or sponge to be better than using my fingers as I tend to have a heavy hand. Good luck!
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Or you consider using a tinted moisturizer. Juicy beauty has two shades available and seem quite popular among people here.
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
I sometimes mix ftd with sunscreen. in winter, mix with a moistrizer with spf.
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Well today I try to mix it with my Clinique DDMG and I though it spread easily. I will post later to tell you if it chage the staying power of the foundation.Usually I dont wear foundation in the summer, my skin is oily enough.. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Mix it with a little moisturiser and sunscreen and apply it not too much as it will not have the staying power better to apply two very light coats you will probably find that this foundation is great for winter when we all need more coverage
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:27 am      Reply with quote
Some great suggestions, I would mix with an SPF moisturiser.
I also have oil/combination skin and have never had any luck with liquid foundation, I prefer powder based foundations.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Rosebud...with my oily skin the best foundation I ever use is MAC studio mist. It really light and mate. But I use it way too fast ( abottle might last 2 month !!! $$$)So that is why I am looking for a liquid one.

So its 4h00 PM now and I had to blot once before lunch time...not bad !

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:00 am      Reply with quote
I would mix it with your moisturizer. Or maybe a toner if you want it lots thinner.

Lori

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I finally mix it with my MAC select tint. One is too thing and the other too much mask like. The combination is not bad...but I think I will start looking for another foundation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
use as a dab on your face, i.e. pea size is enough... Less is more....

then, after that, you use a good powder to set the liquid foundation...

Don't put too much....
Also, don't get a good lipstick! Smile Smile Smile

katya wrote:
I just bought colorstay foundation for oily skin after reading a lot of good reviews about it. The color is good, the texture and smell too. I just find it too thick. What would you mix it with to make it lighter ? Water, moisturizer , another foundation ? Any idea is welcome.... Razz
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
I have a little spritzer container filled with distilled water and a dab of aloe vera gel mixed in. I spray my foundation sponge first and then when I use it to spread the foundation, it thins it out and makes it easier to apply. You can spray more water if you want the foundation even thinner. It works for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Garbage....I toss it away. I just did not like it. Back on a search for a foundation for oily skin... Sad its frustrating.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |