Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
I just bleached my hair from black to blonde!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
The jury is still out on how it looks.

Any other "black-head" bleached their hair? If so, how did the people that you know react to the change?

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:48 am      Reply with quote
WOW, very dramatic & sexy! I think you look great as a blonde, Red Devil (the color looks especially flattering against your beautifully tanned skin!). I am a medium brunette and once highlighted my hair a very light blonde. Unfortunately the shade that was selected by the hairdresser just didn't suit my skin tone at all (the color looked too white against my fair skin and really washed me out). I'm not certain if it was the poor color choice or the fact that my hair looked more blonde than brunette, but many people reacted to my new hair color very negatively (most notably my co-workers who wouldn't stop with the nasty blonde jokes Confused ). The negative reactions really bothered me so I only kept the color for one week and then had the hairdresser apply a warmer caramel color on top of it, which I really did suit much more.

I'd love to be daring again and try a different shade of blonde to see if I can get it right. There is just something so tempting about totally changing your hair color to see how you'll look in a shade that is completely opposite of what you are born with, you know!

I think you'll receive a lot of positive reactions (and plenty of attention from the opposite sex!). BTW, there is nothing 'boring' about your lips at all - they are quite beautiful and I'd be tickled pink to call them my own! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I think your hair looks fabulous. And there's absolutely nowt wrong with your lips!
lbianca
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
When I saw the heading, I wanted to post "and you still have hair on your head"? Razz

You look great and your hair looks great. Congrats.

BTW, some of the most famous blondes in history were dark haired - Catherine Deneuve to name one Very Happy
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Redd,
It looks good.!!
It is a huge change for you, I hope you can have fun with the new you. You are so beautiful,no matter the color of your hair.
Linda
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I think it suits you but it's horrible to keep touching up roots when you go from such an extreme colour change. For that reason I decided to colour my bleached blonde hair back as close to my natural colour as possible.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, everyone! Yep, touching up the roots is going to be a beeyotch, I know. Fortunately, I have lots of time for that sort of thing. Very Happy

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
RedDevil, I just have to give you a totally off-topic reply here - it says in your profile that your lips are boring - so not true! You have lovely, full, strong, defined lips, from what I can see. Just thought I'd compliment them since it's something you specifically called out that you don't like - don't be hard on your lips, I think they look great! Smile

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Red, it does look good on you. But, I have to admit I like Raven Black hair on ladies the best, just like Sandy. As a matter of fact, Sandy often wears a shirt with the words on it:

"I had a Nightmare, I was a Blonde"

You should see all the blondes try to read it....

John

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
John C. Hill wrote:
Red, it does look good on you. But, I have to admit I like Raven Black hair on ladies the best, just like Sandy. As a matter of fact, Sandy often wears a shirt with the words on it:

"I had a Nightmare, I was a Blonde"

You should see all the blondes try to read it....

John

I saw that shirt too, on someone, and thought it was absolutely hilarious! Bad Grin

Yep, raven-black hair will always and forever be my favorite. It's cool to try something different, though, even if I never do it again. Very Happy

ginnielizz, thank you!! Smile My lips are getting fuller, with my lip pump.

girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
So I'm a little late but I'm dying to ask you, what did you use to bleach your hair (to get it THAT light), compared to the black you had before? A drugstore kit; at a salon; something from Sally's....let me know =). I have dark brown hair and would love very pale blond highlights achieved at home. However, I've never researched my options too widely although I have tried many types of bleaches which never took it down that far. Anyways... Very Happy

Thanks in advance!!!

-Marianna

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:08 am      Reply with quote
you look GREAT, Red Devil!!!

I wish i could dye my hair blonde too... unfortunately I am asian and will look weird to have blonde hair!! Sad
pumpkinpie
5% products discount

Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:31 am      Reply with quote
I think it looks great!! What kind of products are you going to use to keep it healthy? Are you going to use on the scalp bleach to touch up the roots?
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Your hair looks great. You did a good job to be able to make it go that blond without any red or orange tint. I have been dying my very dark hair since high school. The first time was a disaster. I just meant to lighten it up a bit using Sun-In and OMG it went orange. You should see my grade 9 picture compared to my grade 10. I should scan them and post to give everyone a good laugh. Laughing Now 20 years later after going through the black, red, browm and blond stages (my DH said he felt like he had a new GF all the time) I have finally settled on getting highlights/lowlights just to add a bit of depth to my hair. And it feels alot healthier now.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hello ladies,

Pumpkin Pie: Luckily, my hair was in really, really good condition before I bleached it, thanks to using moisturizing shampoos mixed with honey. To keep my hair healthy, I've been using Lanza leave-in conditioner and Aussie Hair Insurance leave-in conditioner. My hair was very, very damaged after I bleached it, but within one week, it's coming back to life and feels less straw-like, so I'm pretty happy! Very Happy I've been washing it only every couple of days, and I've been using John Freida Sheer Blonde shampoo, as well as a purple shampoo called Stay Blonde. VERY good for making my hair look less yellow and more white.

Girldelvov (cool name!): I wouldn't recommend the route I took to get my hair as light as it is. First, I got all-over blonde highlights. Then, a week later (too soon!) I got more all-over highlights. THEN, another week later (waaay too soon! Do you see a pattern here? Laughing ) I went to a hairdresser and got on-scalp bleach all over. It was quite red after that, but the stylist didn't want to risk damaging my hair further, so we left it at that. I mean, it wasn't an unnatural, bright red color, but it was definitely more red than I wanted.

For the next couple of weeks I used Sun-In every day, which lightened it even more. But, being an impatient little cuss, I went and bought the Feria Extra Bleach Blonde kit and bleached the mess out of my hair. BAD idea. I didn't do a very good job at all. But I went to a salon the next day, and they fixed me right up, and now I'm happy with my hair! Smile Sure, a lot of it fell out, but I am kind of happy about that because I have always had waaaay too much hair, so much that I could never make a good ponytail. Now I can!

I'm not sure what I'll do about the roots. I think I'm going to go into a salon tomorrow and see what they would recommend. It's only been a week, and my roots are already growing out! My hair grows ridiculously fast.

Daydreamingda: I always like to see Asians with blonde hair, it just looks really cool! Cool

Diana P: You should definitely post those pictures of your Sun-In hair! Very Happy

Thank you all for your kind words! Hope this helps!

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |