Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coppery eyebrows!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
I've been using Nanci's Copper Peptide Serum for a short month now and while I believe it to be great for my skin, it's turning my usually dark blond eyebrows coppery. At first I refused to admit it, but now it's not possible to ignore it any longer. I guess the color would have looked great on a redhead, but I'm not and it looks totally wrong. I guess a simple solution is to dye them, but it made me wonder if any of you have noticed this?
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
No, I've been using Skin Bio's CP Serum for about 6 months, which is what Nanci sells, and I haven't noticed any color change to my eyebrows or hair. But, that's just my luck---I would have loved the coppery tones in my eyebrows and the grey in my hairline.

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
I also use the same serum and no change in my eyebrows. I wonder if it would do anything for the gray that come through before my touchup at the hairdresser Laughing
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for answering Smile

I figure my description came out a bit wrong - I can't imagine anyone wanting to switch grey with this Very Happy I'll try to give a better picture Smile The color is certainly coppery, but not dark, it's a lot more orange Exclamation So orange coppery if that makes any sense Laughing

Mishie, the thought about this being just the beginning has struck me Laughing Right before I started this topic, I had a horrible vision about growing a coppery mustache... Smile

I guess I'll just try to avoid the eyebrows and my hairline( Exclamation ) because my skin is deeply in love this serum Very Happy Maybe I've just been too carefree splashing it on?
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia, do you want to email or call the manufacture to see if they know this happens with other users? They may have a better explanation for you. I am just curious to know...
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I've done a few new things to my face lately (TCA and pumpkin peels) and I am beginning to think that since my eyebrows are blond and do grow lighter from sun e.g., the peels might have bleached them and/or made them more porous and that's why the copper stains them.

I'll give it a little time and if they don't get their color back soon, I'll take your advice and mail them Smile

ETA ..and if I find/get another explanation, I'll fill you in on it Smile
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia wrote:
I've done a few new things to my face lately (TCA and pumpkin peels) and I am beginning to think that since my eyebrows are blond and do grow lighter from sun e.g., the peels might have bleached them and/or made them more porous and that's why the copper stains them.

I know there is a reason they make us take Chemistry class Wink Too bad I suck at Chemistry.

Wish you good luck getting your eyebrow color back soon.
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Iaimei Smile

Btw, after buying loads of DIY-stuff I've really started to regret not paying more attention in Chemistry class hmm If only I'd seen the connection between Chemistry and skin care... Wink
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |